UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know if this has been posted already but here it is.

“The Crown Prosecution Service tells PEOPLE they have been "given guidance that the defense case will begin on May 2 and that they expect Lucy Letby to give evidence that day."”

I have a potentially applicable bit of experience from when I was very young. Every bit of rubbish I had from every packed lunch I took to primary school I would have to take home and dispose of it there. It felt wrong to put it in the bin at school for some inexplicable reason. I don’t know if ll has something similar going on but is a potential. I stopped doing It after year 5 though.
I will tell you why... :)

You took empty wrappings home to show your Mummy that you ate every delicious morsel of the packed lunch SHE had prepared for you!

You expressed your childish Love :D

JMO

Don’t know if this has been posted already but here it is.

“The Crown Prosecution Service tells PEOPLE they have been "given guidance that the defense case will begin on May 2 and that they expect Lucy Letby to give evidence that day."”

It has been posted. A lot!

Have to say it's a bit of an incongruous source, as is the idea that the CPS has chosen People Mag as its news deliverer. That's not to say it's just PM chancing its click-bait arm but I'd feel a bit more confident if this news were a little more widespread and not just coming from a US publication more noted for its fawning celeb content than its serious crime reporting.

I hope it's true. I guess we'll see next week.

Last edited:
I think that British Press downplay this fact for obvious reasons (Press and public frenzy).

But that they inform it is possible says a lot to me :)

We will hear from enigmatic LL next week folks :D

JMO

Ms Letby said she wanted to attend Child I's funeral but she couldn't as she was working
11:02 AM · Apr 25, 2023

Ms Letby was asked about the below card she sent to the parents of Child I after her death, she told detectives she sent it as it was 'not very often you get to know a family as well as we did with child I'

11:04 AM · Apr 25, 2023

That in itself is not the symptom of malice.
It is true that both doctors and nurses are advised to keep "therapeutic neutrality", but COVID has parted people so much that "breaking prior boundaries" might be more common. Unsurprising. About making photos of postcards, if hearing about it outside the case, I'd think it is a certain form of OCD. Maybe people collect memories of past life and work, why not such photos?
Lastly, even checking people on Facebook. I often see people popping up on my FB. Some I remember, some, not quite, but they look familiar. Sometimes I think they are in my field because they looked me up, so I'd definitely check who they are. In short, FB activity might be nothing, merely indicating the time people spend on FB.

No activity of hers is a pointing finger, by me. Except for what happened on the unit. For this, I want to be sure that all factors were controlled for.

Maybe it broke and she didn't have (a functioning) one when she was asked about it?

I for eg. killed a shredder by overfeeding it. I still had a shredder just not a functioning one.
Does anyone have a link to her actual words?

Reason I ask; shredders are easy to break, especially cheap ones. They can overheat, especially if you don't lubricate the blades - it's amazing how simple paper can dull blades and hugely increase friction.

Also, most, probably all, have what's referred to as a "duty cycle"; this is a pre-determined length of time, set by the manufacturer, that it can continuously run before it shuts itself off for mabe 30 minutes to make sure that it doesn't overheat and ruin itself or cause a fire. That duty cycle is usually quite short. If you continuously feed paper into it for say, three minutes it will shut off for 20 or 30 minutes. If you haven't read the instructions you might just think that it's broken.

Her shredder was found with shredded bank statements in it. I'd be interested to know whether the shredder was actually working or not. If it was found with paper actually in the shredder blades it suggests that it hit its duty cycle limit at some point and she may have assumed it had just broken.

Bit of a stretch but it might explain her answer as to why she didn't have a (working) shredder.

All MOO.

That in itself is not the symptom of malice.
It is true that both doctors and nurses are advised to keep "therapeutic neutrality", but COVID has parted people so much that "breaking prior boundaries" might be more common. Unsurprising. About making photos of postcards, if hearing about it outside the case, I'd think it is a certain form of OCD. Maybe people collect memories of past life and work, why not such photos?
Lastly, even checking people on Facebook. I often see people popping up on my FB. Some I remember, some, not quite, but they look familiar. Sometimes I think they are in my field because they looked me up, so I'd definitely check who they are. In short, FB activity might be nothing, merely indicating the time people spend on FB.

No activity of hers is a pointing finger, by me. Except for what happened on the unit. For this, I want to be sure that all factors were controlled for.
But it all happened before Covid.

Besides, everything counts - have you ever done puzzle picture with kids?
They are not satsfied even if 1 tiny element is missing.

Look at the whole picture.
Medical elements are only a part of this case.

Holistic approach is the ideal.

JMO

Does anyone have a link to her actual words?

Reason I ask; shredders are easy to break, especially cheap ones. They can overheat, especially if you don't lubricate the blades - it's amazing how simple paper can dull blades and hugely increase friction.

Also, most, probably all, have what's referred to as a "duty cycle"; this is a pre-determined length of time, set by the manufacturer, that it can continuously run before it shuts itself off for mabe 30 minutes to make sure that it doesn't overheat and ruin itself or cause a fire. That duty cycle is usually quite short. If you continuously feed paper into it for say, three minutes it will shut off for 20 or 30 minutes. If you haven't read the instructions you might just think that it's broken.

Her shredder was found with shredded bank statements in it. I'd be interested to know whether the shredder was actually working or not. If it was found with paper actually in the shredder blades it suggests that it hit its duty cycle limit at some point and she may have assumed it had just broken.

Bit of a stretch but it might explain her answer as to why she didn't have a (working) shredder.

All MOO.

Is it just me who doesn't care if she had a shredder or not? Disposing of paper is easy enough. Tear it up, burn it, feed it to the neighbour's goat, and so on. JMO

I imagine most parents would be protesting that the charge was unjustified without waiting for evidence. I know I would.
I totally see your point; however, if your daughter's solicitor said "...look, we know how you feel but you really need to say absolutely nothing because if you do it might mess up her defence...", then what do you do?

I know, and I don't know if they did or not. I do remember when she was first arrested and the case hit the headlines, reading 'shocked' responses from neighbours, locals, possibly even family friends, but I don't recall anything coming directly from her parents.

Others on here may have better recall/knowledge of what might have been said at the time and later...

My heart breaks for them.
The only people who spoke, that I recall, were her neighbours (who likely didn't know her as she'd only lived there for like 5 minutes and she did weird shifts), a shop owner who remembered her as a small child and some guy who knew her - probably very little - via an ex-girlfriend.

Have to say it's a bit of an incongruous source, as is the idea that the CPS has chosen People Mag as its news deliverer. That's not to say it's just PM chancing its click-bait arm but I'd feel a bit more confident if this news were a little more widespread and not just coming from a US publication more noted for its fawning celeb content than its serious crime reporting.

I would bet my house that, even if true, there is zero chance that the CPS chose to give this information to People.com!

Actually, I may be on thin ice here as I think this is the second time I've bet my house on things on this case so I should probably just stfu right here!

Last edited:
I think that British Press downplay this fact for obvious reasons (Press and public frenzy).

But that they inform it is possible says a lot to me :)

We will hear from enigmatic LL next week folks :D

JMO
I'm not convinced. And, as I say, if we do, this info did not come from the CPS!

It may be that as an American publication they have less of a sense of what they should and should not be publishing than their British counterparts. They may also have asked the CPS for an indication directly as they won't have representatives in court like the British media do.

Two further points:

-All parties and any press present will know by now if she's intending to testify as preparations will need to have been discussed in court.

-The press can't publish what they hear in court when the jury aren't present.

It may be that as an American publication they have less of a sense of what they should and should not be publishing than their British counterparts. They may also have asked the CPS for an indication directly as they won't have representatives in court like the British media do.

Two further points:

-All parties and any press present will know by now if she's intending to testify as preparations will need to have been discussed in court.

-The press can't publish what they hear in court when the jury aren't present.
They may have done but it is inconceivable to me that the CPS would say anything at all. It's bordering on the ridiculous, quite honestly.

The CPS authorise the charge and bring the case before the courts. I'm not entirely familiar with the procedures and legalities thereafter but I think that it is then down to barristers appointed to prosecute to deal with it from then on. The CPS appoint the prosecution barristers in the same way that the defence solicitor appoints a defence barrister. At least that's how I understand it.

Edit: I'm not sure that the press will necessarily know what's been discussed about this. We don't know whether the press were excluded during these discussions, after all.

Sorry for jumping in with such a question at this late stage... but...

What *was* LL supposed to have done with the handover sheets?

I assume she should have usually filed them somewhere at her workplace before getting changed and leaving to go home -or- have shredded / destroyed them at her workplace after handing over? Were they a form of record that was supposed to be kept?

Why didn't she do the thing she was supposed to do? Why did she take them home?

What I'm wondering is if the documents were always supposed to be destroyed at work, then maybe she thought of them as being 'nil value', effectively litter that she hadn't put in the correct trash on her way out. Maybe she was so quick to leave work she would stuff a handover sheet in her pocket and be off and never really thought much about them except putting them to one side 'securely' at home in the full knowledge that they really ought to be shredded because of confidential data as opposed to put in the litter intact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pencat