UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #22

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling there's something medically going on with her. Hence the frequent scheduled breaks and early finish today. Maybe that's what the court are discussing when the jury aren't in. I think she mentioned to doc choc she suffered from thyroid problems? Although she also testified that she hadn't taken a single sick day in 2015-2016 and was capable of doing 4 long shifts in a row so don't know. Not sure if allowed to speculate on stuff like that so lete know if not.

It won’t have been lost on the jury that after asking for a break LL did not return to the stand and court was adjourned IMO.
They’ve been told not to concern themselves with the reasons why but I imagine they have their suspicions.

IMO she is unravelling. I don’t know why she took the stand in the first place, I can imagine BM advised her against it repeatedly. Not that I’m complaining, I’m very glad she’s giving evidence because we all get to hear her lies.

It’s funny how NJ was just about to start on baby E when she suddenly needed a break. I think baby E is going to be the final nail, she’s going to have to accuse baby E’s mum of either lying or being mistaken about witnessing her baby bleeding and screaming, and then being told to leave by LL. Even she must realise that is not going to make her look very good, accusing a grieving mum of lying.

How’s she going to dig herself out of this one? She has until Wednesday to get her answers lined up but IMO NJ will trip her up somewhere!

There is no evidence that her immediate colleagues considered her unprofessional- from what I have read she was a highly valued and liked colleague. The doctors who began the Chinese whispers all kicked off after she stated to a nurse she was considering a datex (i.e., Dr G d/t baby left on table & monitor not switched back on).

RSBM

Concerns had been raised about her before Baby G. She never even mentioned that the doctors had left the baby without a monitor on a trolley behind a screen in her texts to friends and colleagues at the time, let alone mentioned a datix. This is something that she's added since her police interviews when the court was informed that another nurse, who had entered the room after LL, had complained at the time.

As for whether she was liked or considered unprofessional by her colleagues. It seems to be a mix' but on top of the concerns that had been raised about her being present at collapses, she and a doctor friend talked about running away to New Zealand to set up a NNU for the faces that didn't fit. There was also some apparently "not so nice" comments from other nurses who didn't appear to think she should be in room 1.

I can't say I'm surprised. This is exactly how I imagined she would be. Angry I would say, but keeping it suppressed. Probably mollycoddled, doesn't take personal responsibility - most likely because it hasn't been expected of her in her life - immature and prone to tantrums. JMO

Did she say something today that she thinks ruined her credibility perhaps?

Johnson had hinted at things that he was going to be addressing at a later point. So, whether she was behind the adjournment or not, she's now got a bit of extra time to prepare for those questions.

From memory I think it was texting during a resus, and questioning whether she'd ever falsified paperwork.

I thought her reaction to the “not very nice” comments showed restraint especially with it being a broadly known thing presumably. I think that could send many people into anger, she didn’t though. Restraint and a seemingly measured response. Certainly no open conflict, no nails and teeth. Not just that but if she genuinely felt hurt by dr Ravi and. Dr Brearey and called them b studs, I don’t think I could think of a tamer insult.

I thought her reaction to the “not very nice” comments showed restraint especially with it being a broadly known thing presumably. I think that could send many people into anger, she didn’t though. Restraint and a seemingly measured response. Certainly no open conflict, no nails and teeth.
Well that really depends if she's guilty or not. The prosecution's theory is that her way of handling anger and frustration and a not so nice comment from JJK, was to attack and kill Baby C. If guilty, then she can hardly be described as showing restraint in the face of not so nice comments.

JMO, if guilty

Letby says she cannot confirm it either way because she has no memory of it. She can confirm there was such an incident - and the wrong mother was phoned when Child D collapsed."

Again interesting wording. The mother says it was LL with the phone to the Dr's ear. LL avoids saying she rang the wrong mother and just says the wrong mother was called. A bit like her saying the handover notes "came home" with her , rather than saying she took them home.
Typically, most staff run in to respond to a crash call. Thus, her presence during the resuscitation attempts should not be used to infer that she provided care Or as accused harmed the baby - (i.e., child D)

Well that really depends if she's guilty or not. The prosecution's theory is that her way of handling anger and frustration and a not so nice comment from JJK, was to attack and kill Baby C. If guilty, then she can hardly be described as showing restraint in the face of not so nice comments.

JMO, if guilty
Yeh that’s the other thing I’m pondering. probably pampered, never had to deal with a lot of conflict, that might mean she’s the kind to do things behind others back and on the sly rather than direct and open conflict. It’s so extreme and gut churning to think of though. I don’t think it would be she’s the type for petty reveng, seems more something else if guilty. Might be a lack of open expressiveness of anger plus a penchant for homicide. Grim.

Last edited:
Typically, most staff run in to respond to a crash call. Thus, her presence during the resuscitation attempts should not be used to infer that she provided care Or as accused harmed the baby - (i.e., child D)
Nobody has done that. There are records and witness statements of when she was present or interacting with a baby.

Yeh that’s the other thing I’m pondering. One ly child, probably pampered, never had to deal with a lot of conflict, that might mean she’s the kind to do things behind others back and on the sly rather than direct and open conflict. It’s so extreme and gut churning to think of though. I don’t think it would be she’s the type for petty reveng, seems more something else if guilty. Might be a lack of open expressiveness of anger plus a penchant for homicide. Grim.
With respect, I don't think it's fair to generalise about only children. :)

There is no evidence that her immediate colleagues considered her unprofessional- from what I have read she was a highly valued and liked colleague. The doctors who began the Chinese whispers all kicked off after she stated to a nurse she was considering a datex (i.e., Dr G d/t baby left on table & monitor not switched back on).

When she text - Dad on floor - I am pondering wether she was referring to the clinical floor…? I have noted how some nurses use this term when, for example sat at the nurses station, or in the break room. E.g., ‘The managers are on the floor… I best get back…’
There is no evidence that Dr G ever left a baby on the table or left the monitor off. The only witness to that was Nurse Letby.

The Chinese whispers were not started because of a threatened datex---the talk started because babies were collapsing at an alarming rate.

So far, I’m pretty.. surprised that she’s chosen to take the stand and basically say she doesn’t remember, doesn’t recall, has no memory over and over. To me it looks like she has taken the stand to dispute some of what I thought were agreed facts? Or at the very least dispute some of the events we’ve considered to be factual. This has made it look like she’s changing her position from her police interviews in one case, and it’s going in direct opposition to other testimonies, but it’s clearly something she’s wanted to put forward. I think she’s taken the stand because she’s genuinely wanted to have her say.. which really fits with the picture we’re building of her character to be fair!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen