UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, Faces 22 Charges - 7 Murder/15 Attempted Murder of Babies #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Letby returned to reside at her Chester address after the first arrest ? I was under the impression that she was first arrested and then bailed to her parents address where later subsequent arrests were made.

Does anyone know if Letby returned to reside at her Chester address after the first arrest ? I was under the impression that she was first arrested and then bailed to her parents address where later subsequent arrests were made.
As far as anyone seems to be aware, she didn't go back there, at least not to live. I guess she may have gone there to get possessions and sort the sale of the place but her address was Hereford. That's the address which was always given in the court reports in the media "Letby of Arran Avenue, Hereford...."

As far as anyone seems to be aware, she didn't go back there, at least not to live. I guess she may have gone there to get possessions and sort the sale of the place but her address was Hereford. That's the address which was always given in the court reports in the media "Letby of Arran Avenue, Hereford...."
Thank's Mara

Yes she must have gone back but maybe she was allowed to visit but not stay overnight. I guess it depends on her bail conditions.

The reason I asked is because one note wasn't found until the second arrest in Letby's garage and medical paperwork concerning children not on the indictment was found during the second arrest at Letby's parents home. So I would imagine some paperwork was moved between properties between the first and second arrest.

Thank's Mara

Yes she must have gone back but maybe she was allowed to visit but not stay overnight. I guess it depends on her bail conditions.

The reason I asked is because one note wasn't found until the second arrest in Letby's garage and medical paperwork concerning children not on the indictment was found during the second arrest at Letby's parents home. So I would imagine some paperwork was moved between properties between the first and second arrest.
When they first arrested letby, didn't they raid her parents house at the same time? Which was when they found the other handover notes in the folder?

When they first arrested letby, didn't they raid her parents house at the same time? Which was when they found the other handover notes in the folder?
I thought everything recovered was from her first arrest but apparently not.

It would appear that paperwork has been exchanged between her Chester home and her parents address during the time between her first and second arrest. Either that or both of these documents were missed during the first search and arrest.

Quote from the Chester Standard

A search of the garage at the Westbourne Road property on June 10 revealed another handwritten note found in a black bin bag.

Phrases on that note included “killing me softly”, “broken hearted” and “no-one will ever know what happened or why”.

Six pages of medical notes of children unrelated to the trial were found at her parents’ home on the same date.

A search of the garage at the Westbourne Road property on June 10 revealed another handwritten note found in a black bin bag.
Wasn't this the first arrest?
Then it goes on to say it was on the same date that her parents house was searched?
Sorry if I'm being thick here!

Wasn't this the first arrest?
Then it goes on to say it was on the same date that her parents house was searched?
Sorry if I'm being thick here!
No,apparently first search was Letby's house, parents house in Hereford and Letby's work address.

The second search was after the second arrest on June 10th and that included Letby's home and Letby's parent's home again.

This is the article

No,apparently first search was Letby's house, parents house in Hereford and Letby's work address.

The second search was after the second arrest on June 10th and that included Letby's home and Letby's parent's home again.

This is the article

Ah okay, thanks for the clarity.
That's really odd and even more bizarre. Like you say can only be that either the police missed it the first time or LL bought another stash back to her parents after the first arrest.
If the latter scenario, she must have had a hidden stash at another location for them to be bought back to her parents home.
Either way, it sounds like these handover sheets were 'preserved' with them being in the folder.
Am I right in thinking that they didn't relate to the babies on the indightment?
I cannot help but wonder if all the handover sheets represented some sort of falsification.
I get the impression LL got a lot of satisfaction from decieving others, so it's possible these other notes could represent 'little wins' - who knows?!

That's really odd and even more bizarre. Like you say can only be that either the police missed it the first time or LL bought another stash back to her parents after the first arrest.
If the latter scenario, she must have had a hidden stash at another location for them to be bought back to her parents home.
Either way, it sounds like these handover sheets were 'preserved' with them being in the folder.
Am I right in thinking that they didn't relate to the babies on the indightment?
I cannot help but wonder if all the handover sheets represented some sort of falsification.
I get the impression LL got a lot of satisfaction from decieving others, so it's possible these other notes could represent 'little wins' - who knows?!
You make a very good point there about the possibility of another stash being held somewhere else because I would imagine ALL medical paperwork would have been recovered and taken during the first arrest.

Considering they dug up the back garden during the first search it is hard to imagine how they could have missed paperwork relating to babies during the first search.

Hmmmmm

I seem to recall it being mentioned a while back that the search of her parents address was somewhat limited. She wasn't residing there but still kept a room - her old childhood room, one would presume. Because of her non residence there it was suggested that the search would have only have been authorised in relation to the parts of the house she used: so certainly her bedroom but I'm not sure where else. Places like her parents bedroom, the loft space, etc would most likely be excluded. I'd image that if there was garden shed, for instance, then that might likely be excluded also.

You make a very good point there about the possibility of another stash being held somewhere else because I would imagine ALL medical paperwork would have been recovered and taken during the first arrest.

Considering they dug up the back garden during the first search it is hard to imagine how they could have missed paperwork relating to babies during the first search.

Hmmmmm
We know LL liked to put handover notes in strange places. And casting my mind back to when she put a handover note in the fridge that time, around the time of child P.

She then took the trouble to message Dr choc to tell him just how careless she is with handover notes and ' 'how her brain must be in Ibiza still'

For me it's just reminiscent of her other predictions in text messages. - almost like an advance warning 'people may find handover notes in weird places, ok? Be a 'good dog ' and remember that that's because of my crazy holiday'

She then later references the change in work bag from the 'sports direct bag' to the 'Ibiza bag' that occured at just this exact same time.

Yeah lady, your head was in Ibiza alright!

6 none related medical notes were found at her parents.
She could've gone there straight from work every now & again.
The dates of each of them notes would be handy for the jury to know.
Would they get that info?

I still fail to understand why her back garden was dug up. What on earth were they looking for? No weapons as such were involved, no stolen goods, and surely you wouldn't expect to find paperwork there. Or babies' bodies. :( Surely LE wouldn't do all that digging without some good reason?

Did we ever find out who ‘bergerac’ was?
I remember she’d written ‘Bergerac’ in one of her notes randomly. Was it ever mentioned or reported what on earth that was all about?
MOO

It was in this white note. I had wondered at the time if it was some sort of nickname she used for Kathryn De Beger, as her name was written next to ‘Bergerac’.. did Kathryn De Beger give evidence? Did LL accuse her of being part of the conspiracy? MOO

Bergerac is a crime drama series about a detective named ‘Bergerac’. Could she have been making a reference to colleagues ‘playing detective’ investigating the incidents? MOO

All JMO

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 19
I still fail to understand why her back garden was dug up. What on earth were they looking for? No weapons as such were involved, no stolen goods, and surely you wouldn't expect to find paperwork there. Or babies' bodies. :( Surely LE wouldn't do all that digging without some good reason?
It's possible they were looking for something which they thought may be relevant but wasn't or that, ultimately, failed to meet the evidentiary standards for some reason? It may just be as simple as there being some recently disturbed ground so they may have decided to look there just on the off-chance.

We should remember that the notes she wrote expressed a desire to end her life so it seems not impossible that they had suspicions that she may have secreted the means to do so somewhere. Hiding a vial of something nasty under a recently planted shrub doesn't seem to be out of the question, tbh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members