GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So both parents try to guard her from consequences.

MOO
So it seems. So sure were they of her innocence (at the start at least), her dad threatened the doctors with the GMC to have Letby reinstated in her post.. I wonder if his thoughts have changed listening throughout the trial or if they still match that of her mother. Her home alone with dozens of paperwork, I wonder what he made of that- or if he “knew” that “oh *advertiser censored*” moment and the shredder was something she had recently accommodated from him (the box in the wardrobe in the bedroom). The whole thing is deeply disturbing- and if her parents still believe she is innocent, they are very much deluded.

It seems (for me personally) her mother is very much in denial. I’ve said this previously here in the threads, but there will be a tsunami of all sorts of harrowing stuff coming out, her childhood, etc. I just get a feeling there is *something* dark lurking in the shadows and perhaps her mum might have been aware of it (eg cruelty to a pet for example), she grows up into this “well respected” nurse her mother is proud of. Didn’t someone here say her mother had acclaimed herself outside the court as the “mother of the nurse” or something similar?

You only have to look back at letbys comments about how her parents wouldn’t “like it” if she moved etc, it seems a rather strained dynamic to me and I can’t yet put my finger on exactly why, yet. She also made reference about the holiday in cockington, with her parents, how different things “might” have been. Maybe nothing unusual until you read about her mothers very peculiar reaction. There seems to be something quite odd about this whole dynamic to me.
I agree, strange dynamics. This is why I would love to see the reports from forensic psychiatrists that will have been commissioned by both prosecution and defence teams. A friend of mine compiled the report on Dr Harold Shipman. It’s an extremely detailed process.

The hospital management effectively enabled a serial killer to operate. It was the perfect place for her to do what she did without fear of repercussions.
Because whistleblowing in the nhs is notorious for throwing the people who speak out about concerns; under the bus. It has been this way for as long as I have known.

Please read Opening Post #2 of this thread.

This case is still sub judice. For those member who genuinely don't know or for those who choose to ignore:

Sub judice exists until criminal proceedings are concluded, which according to the Contempt of Court 1981 Act is:

(a)by acquittal or, as the case may be, by sentence;

(b)by any other verdict, finding, order or decision which puts an end to the proceedings;

(c)by discontinuance or by operation of law;

So it seems. So sure were they of her innocence (at the start at least), her dad threatened the doctors with the GMC to have Letby reinstated in her post.. I wonder if his thoughts have changed listening throughout the trial or if they still match that of her mother. Her home alone with dozens of paperwork, I wonder what he made of that- or if he “knew” that “oh *advertiser censored*” moment and the shredder was something she had recently accommodated from him (the box in the wardrobe in the bedroom). The whole thing is deeply disturbing- and if her parents still believe she is innocent, they are very much deluded.
Not just HER home, she had paperwork in their home, too!

Maybe they're deluded about her innocence, maybe they're just like the Murdaughs with less clout.

MOO

It can now be revealed that some verdicts were delivered on Tuesday, August 8, Friday, August 11, Wednesday, August 16 and Thursday, August 17, but reporting restrictions were imposed to prevent publication of those until the jury had finished all their deliberations.

On August 8, just after 2pm, Letby was unanimously found by the jury to have poisoned Child F and Child L with insulin. Letby - as had been the case for much of the trial - remained emotionless as those verdicts were delivered, and began crying after the jury left to continue deliberating.

On August 11, just after 1pm, Letby remained emotionless as the jury unanimously found her guilty of murdering Child O, and by a 10 to one majority, of murdering Child C, Child I and Child P. The jury also found her guilty by a 10 to one majority of attempting to murder Child M and Child N.

Parents of the children wiped away tears as those verdicts were read out. After the jury and Letby left court, Letby's mother Susan Letby could be heard sobbing uncontrollably.

On August 16, just after 2pm, Letby did not attend the courtroom as further verdicts were read out. She was found guilty, by a majority of 10-1, of murdering Child A, Child D and Child E, and of attempting to murder Child B. She was also found guilty on two counts of attempting to murder Child G. Letby was found not guilty on a third count of attempting to murder Child G.

Parents in the public gallery wept, sobbed and consoled each other as those verdicts were read out.

On August 17, just after 12.45pm, Letby again did not attend as the jury found her not guilty on one count of attempting to murder Child H.

Reporting restrictions preventing the naming of any of the babies in the indictment remain in place.

The 33-year-old, first arrested in Chester in July 2018 and originally from Hereford, will be sentenced on Monday, August 21.

Letby made her last appearance in Manchester Crown Court on the morning of Wednesday, August 16, when the jury began its 20th day of deliberations.

Trial judge Mr Justice James Goss informed the court, the following day, that he had received a note to say Letby would not be returning to court, and was not intending to attend the sentencing hearing, and was "not prepared" to appear via videolink.

The judge said he was aware there had been recent sentencings where the defendant had refused to appear, and said the court "has no power" to force her to attend.

He added that for the sentencing hearing, for which his remarks will be televised, his comments would address Letby as if she was present.

On Friday, August 18, the jury announced it could go no further with its deliberations, and the 11 jurors were discharged. No verdicts were entered on six counts of attempted murder.

The court had no power to force her to attend her sentencing?! That in my opinion is cruel to the long-suffering parents awaiting the verdict on the death of their child. What a coward LL is not to attend that! JMO MOO

The court had no power to force her to attend her sentencing?! That in my opinion is cruel to the long-suffering parents awaiting the verdict on the death of their child. What a coward LL is not to attend that! JMO MOO
This actually made me really angry, that she would not face them. Cried only for herself and her life, and not even to face them and accept the consequences for what she has done at the end. Shame on her!!

This actually made me really angry, that she would not face them. Cried only for herself and her life, and not even to face them and accept the consequences for what she has done at the end. Shame on her!!

I can’t say I’m surprised. You’d have to be a coward to murder innocent babies who can’t fight back in the first place.

I couldn't follow this case and trial, but I am so happy with today's result. Rest in peace to all the lovely babies and wishing strength to their families.

Timeline of Lucy Letby’s attacks on babies and when alarm was raised​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member