GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking... if the jury can claim double the amount of expenses for loss of earnings and childcare for spending more than 4 hours in court than they would if spending four hours or less in court does that mean we're unlikely to get a verdict until at least 4 hours has passed (cos why would they give up an extra £60ish each when it's unlikely they can waltz back into work for the afternoon or get a refund for booked childcare if they finish before four hours are up)

If your jury service lasts longer than 10 working days, the amount you can claim increases. You’ll be able to claim up to:

• £129.91 a day if you spend more than 4 hours at court
  • £64.95 a day if you spend 4 hours or less at court

I like your canny style of thinking… :D

What was happening in the end with the insulin doses? The prosecution claimed Lucy doubled the dose with the next baby but the defence said it wasn’t so. What were the numbers?
I don't think they ever clarified that but IMO it was a pointless thing for the prosecution to claim anyway , as, if guilty, I doubt she measured exact amounts and calculated how much per hour that would work out to. I imagine she just got some in a syringe and spread it across how ever many bags she decided to poison.

IMO in the same way that the defence argued that it couldn't be attempted murder as LL knew that the cure/treatment/antidote for the low blood sugar caused by the insulin poisoning was readily available in the form of dextrose. .. the prosecution would have been better off explaining that for Baby L, she allegedly went one step further than she had with Baby F and allegedly poisoned the dextrose itself! So she allegedly poisoned the cure/treatment/antidote itself with the second baby.

JMO, if guilty etc.

The jury deserve every available resource for sitting on this trial once it is over though sadly I don’t think that will be much. The psychological impact must be monumental
Is something likely to happen in the next half hour, or do I have time to take the dogs out?
I only check in once a day. I know I will play catch up when the verdict comes but I can't put my life on hold. Let's hope the verdict is this week. I feel sorry for the Jurors.

I think I will sacrifice myself and eat 3 more muffins (choc, banana, strawberry) to make the news SURE. o_O
I have just made myself another cuppa.
Messages aren’t being delivered to him now apparently which means he has gone back inside the court (bad reception in there) My friend is heading there at 2.30 and they are 8 mins away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member