GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they may have forgotten to omit one of the infants names. Baby G, part 14. If it is the case, I hope it gets sorted as they’ve managed to keep anonymous all this time.
Thanks, I've deleted my post.

The doctors and consultants that raised concerns at the beginning should have gone to the police right away or immediately after it was clear that hospital management was not going to contact them.

• Sad
Reactions: IDK
Former Cheshire MP Antoinette Sandbach has just been interviewed on Sky. ( IMO she was an impressive MP and she used to be a criminal barrister and was on the All Party Parlty Group for baby loss )

A WS poster recently asked about the Countess' support for bereaved parents. Sandbach says that the Countess was one of the few hospitals who had no service for those parents. She also says she's been going through the hospital Boards minutes and says she is horrified at re-reading them. She also said that the Countess was one of the few hospitals who never invited her to visit nor accepted her requests to visit

She also agrees with the Prosecution's chief medical witness ( Dr Evans) that senior managers should be investigated by Cheshire police. She mentioned Harvey, Chambers and Kelly, ' ostriches who buried their heads in the sand.' They also didn't inform the official, local baby loss monitoring panel of the first three deaths' despite their maternity losses being a ' red flag' hospital )

She said a lot more but it's a lot to type/post

Imagine your 23 week premie bub surviving and thriving, only to have some twisted psychopath attempt to kill them on the same day they should have been celebrating their 100 days of life. The poor bub then ending up needing constant nursing care and attention, and surgery and support for the rest of her life.

I just can’t. My heart aches for those babies and their families.

Edit- I’ve since seen the sentencing remarks and the diaphragm was splinted, not ‘split’ as per the copy/paste from a live twitter feed earlier in the thread. My apologies. Still so awful.

Last edited:
Baby P’s tummy had so much air forced into it that his diaphragm split. I cannot imagine how agonising that must have been for poor baby P.

All of the murders and attempted murders were incredibly cruel but this one takes the cake for me.

What a depraved individual LL is. Good riddance, enjoy Prison! Have fun waking up every single day as long as you live knowing you’re never getting out.
I believe the diaphragm was splinted not split. It wasn’t able to move due to the pressure from the air.

Confusingly, they seem to have labelled the babies A to O... but they are not the same babies by the end of the lettering, just the ones that had charges found guilty, and in addition, O is the surviving triplet. So if you're reading, be aware that the letters change.

MOO

The 33-year-old will be in HMP Low Newton in Durham alongside Joanna Dennehy, who slayed three men during a 10-day spree in 2013.

[...]

Letby was originally held in HMP Bronzefield in Surrey, but was subsequently moved to HMP New Hall in Wakefield for the trial.

Post-sentence today she will be taken to Low Newton, which is located in the village of Brasside near Durham.

Joanna Dennehy is one scary person. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near her! Or any of them for that matter.
I wonder if Lucy will ever go down the refusing to eat route like Beverley Allitt?

One thing to point out about it is that they have re-attributed letters to the babies, because those where there were no verdicts weren't mentioned in the sentencing remarks. So baby I is now baby H, etc.
I just saw that! I got really confused for a moment and came here to comment on it.

I believe the diaphragm was splinted not split. It wasn’t able to move due to the pressure from the air.
Thank you, I was going off the live feed a poster was copying in this thread which said ‘split’. I’ve since referred to the sentencing remarks and seen it as ‘splinted’ not ‘split’.

Justice James Goss levelled the most severe sentence possible under British law by imposing a whole-life order to ensure that Letby, 33, spends the rest of her life behind bars. The UK doesn't have the death penalty.

Baby P’s tummy had so much air forced into it that his diaphragm split. I cannot imagine how agonising that must have been for poor baby P.

All of the murders and attempted murders were incredibly cruel but this one takes the cake for me.

What a depraved individual LL is. Good riddance, enjoy Prison! Have fun waking up every single day as long as you live knowing you’re never getting out.
She's deprived of her freedom for the rest of her life, but she will not suffer as much as the victims of her crimes. You have to have real feelings in order to suffer. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manga