GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a lot of the posts here about her. Particularly infantile personality. It feels to me like she has stunted development beyond early infancy. The methods of attack are totally mindless, as if the babies were not human to her but like toys she could break.

Her references to having meltdowns make me think that was a term used by others to describe her behaviour that she has adopted, but it doesn't feel age appropriate to me.

Not admitting she knew what going commando meant, feels like it comes from a little girl in front of her parents.

She even had what looks like a nursery-age photo posted in the paper for her 21st birthday, suggesting she is still seen as that little girl.

I think more than anything, she seems to have a lot of rage and intense jealousy. I think it triggered the murders/attempted murders, the babies became an easy target for her rage because they were pre-verbal, and there were many people she was jealous of, colleagues and parents with their newborns. I don't think it's the entire picture, there is more to it but that feels to me like part of it.

The day before the murder of baby A she was away with her work colleagues on a hen do. I wonder if she came back from that trip jealous of the colleague who was getting married.

MOO
RBBM

I've seen a bunch of parents do this for a kid's 21st. Either a notice in the paper, or a poster at a party. Even a cake with a baby picture on top of it in edible rice paper. It's kind of a rite of passage, getting embarrassed by your folks trotting out the baby pictures. I've even heard of parents making a slideshow to be projected on a screen. My parent didn't do this, but the parents of a handful of my friends did. The birthday kid generally blushes and rolls their eyes, and then the slideshow ends, the DJ starts, and everyone ends up dancing to the Nutbush after about an hour of drinks and cake.

MOO

My daughter is an only child. She was showered with love and affection and she has grown up to be a fabulous young woman who we are incredibly proud of.
Could she have turned out to be a serial killer of tiny premature infants based on that fact alone ? Highly unlikely.
She knew and knows the difference between right and wrong and good and evil.
Something Letby clearly doesn’t or didn’t.
Big difference. JMO.

I agree with a lot of the posts here about her. Particularly infantile personality. It feels to me like she has stunted development beyond early infancy. The methods of attack are totally mindless, as if the babies were not human to her but like toys she could break.

Her references to having meltdowns make me think that was a term used by others to describe her behaviour that she has adopted, but it doesn't feel age appropriate to me.

Not admitting she knew what going commando meant, feels like it comes from a little girl in front of her parents.

She even had what looks like a nursery-age photo posted in the paper for her 21st birthday, suggesting she is still seen as that little girl.

I think more than anything, she seems to have a lot of rage and intense jealousy. I think it triggered the murders/attempted murders, the babies became an easy target for her rage because they were pre-verbal, and IMO there were many people she was jealous of, colleagues and parents with their newborns. I don't think it's the entire picture, there is more to it but that feels to me like part of it.

The day before the murder of baby A she was away with her work colleagues on a hen do. I wonder if she came back from that trip jealous of the colleague who was getting married.

MOO
Great analysis and thanks for doing it and keeping this entire case straight for so long. Splendid work. i couldn't follow it closely because I had no patience with the methodology of it.
I see now that the methodology was pretty smart.
They did amazing work. Absolute respect to them all.
i hope they receive the resources they need to continue.
Lucy?
I'm very interested in finding out what exactly her dark side is doing now seeing as that there are no babies to kill..
What is her outlet for her killing side?

I imagine that eventually it will take her over completely and she will no longer be able to even pretend or present herself with any measure of normality.
So be it.

I cannot muster even a single cell of compassion for her.
Like-zero.
If I did I'd be buying into her fiasco of a personality and at risk of being influenced by it.
it's no small thing, IMO

MOO
RSBM

I noticed that, too. I saw at least three 'hen-do' group shots, I think, over various articles, distinct from each other because she was wearing different clothing in each.

She told Baby E and F's mother she was 'happy being single' (Panorama doc), but I wonder if she was. I look at the family home she bought, and wonder if she was frustrated at not having the same trappings in her life that some of her friends did - partner, kids. And going to work just compounded it.

But I think that maybe that's also me attempting to find a 'rational' reason, when there is none.

MOO

My daughter is an only child. She was showered with love and affection and she has grown up to be a fabulous young woman who we are incredibly proud of.
Could she have turned out to be a serial killer of tiny premature infants based on that fact alone ? Highly unlikely.
She knew and knows the difference between right and wrong and good and evil.
Something Letby clearly doesn’t or didn’t.
Big difference. JMO.
Ditto with my son, @Parker Knoll x

why exactly did he receive anonymity?

I don't understand or I missed that?

I'd be very interested in seeing the communications between them when she knew it was over..
Quote from previous thread, from an article in the Telegraph regarding his application for anonymity -

"Dr A, who is married, told the court he had been the subject of unrequited affection from Letby and said his wife had also been targeted by her on social media. <snip>

He said he had suffered from severe anxiety for four years and believed he would struggle to give clear and accurate answers in court if his true identity was revealed."

'Detectives investigating serial killer nurse Lucy Letby say they were “surprised” by the amount of material they found at her home and that a “coded system” in her diaries helped officers uncover key evidence.'

“It gave us a really good steer for the second occasion as to what sort of things we were looking for,” he added. “So as an example, something that’s been very useful to the enquiry has been Miss Letby’s diaries. They appeared to be and it became clear later that it was almost a code of coloured asterisks and various other things put in a diary that marked significant events.”

I have no doubt that there will be a full public statutory enquiry, we just need to “ dance the dance “ with the Tory party where they leave it just long enough for their U turn not to look too pressured. They have no choice I think as there would be an outcry.
JMO

"He said he had suffered from severe anxiety for four years and believed he would struggle to give clear and accurate answers in court if his true identity was revealed."

Sorry but the part of that quote talking about revealing his "true identity" makes it sound like he's secretly Batman or something!

Quote from previous thread, from an article in the Telegraph regarding his application for anonymity -

"Dr A, who is married, told the court he had been the subject of unrequited affection from Letby and said his wife had also been targeted by her on social media. <snip>

He said he had suffered from severe anxiety for four years and believed he would struggle to give clear and accurate answers in court if his true identity was revealed."

‘Unrequited affection’ is not the term I’d use after hearing some of the messages he sent her, nor after learning of their little meet ups, trip to London etc…

In the beginning I thought we’d see LL being more into him than he was her however knowing what we do now, the last words I’d use to describe this ‘relationship’ would be ‘unrequited affection from LL’ but that is JMO call a spade a spade it was an affair whether emotional, physical or both IMO

1. Lucy Letby was on shift for all 22 incidents of collapse/death - not much in and of itself right?​
  2. Collapses only happened at night, while LL was on night shifts. Once LL was moved to day shifts, the collapses followed her there. And once she was removed from the unit completely, lo and behold they stopped.
  3. Lucy Letby had opportunity. She was in some cases witnessed being the last person near these babies before they collapsed. She didn’t require long to inject air into her victims. A few seconds would have been enough.
  4. Lucy Letby didn’t like not being allocated babies in room 1. This is where the itu babies were. In the case of baby C she moaned to a co worker about not being designated a room 1 baby just 6 minutes before baby C collapsed and died
  5. Lucy Letby was found with 257 handover sheets in her home, relating to many of the victims. Handover sheets that should never have left the hospital. And certainly should not have been stashed in bags for life or boxes marked ‘KEEP’
  6. Lucy Letby owned a shredder that she could have used to shred these personal documents but didn’t (even though she claims to have used the shredder for bank statements) she lied about owning the shredder, claimed to have no recollection of it, then claimed it was her parents, then claimed she brought it shortly before her arrest.
  7. Lucy Letby searched for the parents of her victims on Facebook, with a special interest in the parents of her twin victims. One search conducted Christmas Day, others on the anniversary of deaths.
  8. Lucy Letby falsified documents, made false notes in her victims medical records, later beginning to document a false gradual decline wanting to show that her victims were poorly so that their collapse wasn’t as sudden unexpected or suspicion. She altered times, made up phone calls to registrars and falsely claimed doctors had reviewed her victims. She claimed a doctor had advised her to omit baby E’s feed - they hadn’t.
  9. Whenever Lucy Letby wasn’t on shift, no suspicious collapses or deaths occurred. She would go away on holiday and the unit would be calm. She returned as she said ‘back with a bang lol’ and attacked 2 babies within 24 hours back to back. A 3rd baby collapsed the following day although no verdict was reached on this charge.
  10. Dr J witnessed LL standing over baby K as she deteriorated whilst she did nothing - LL wasn’t convicted of this attack however in the grand scheme of things it is more likely than not that Dr J was telling the truth about this incident.
  11. Baby E’s mother arrived at 9pm to find her son screaming and bleeding. Lucy Letby told her to go away ‘trust me I’m a nurse’. This was the last time Baby E’s mother saw her son before she saw medics battling to save him. Lucy Letby denies this incident ever happened. Baby E was due a feed at 9pm, his mother brought milk down for this feed. Lucy letby claims she was told by a registrar to omit this feed. The registrar says this conversation never happened.
  12. Lucy Letby made a comment to a colleague about baby P ‘he’s not leaving here alive is he?’ The same day that baby P collapsed and died.
  13. Lucy Letby after realising that consultants were complaining about her suddenly filed a Datix report about baby P’s death - in it she mentioned an open port putting baby P at a ‘risk of air embolism’ - she also made a similar comment to a colleague.
  14. LL sent a sympathy card to the parents of one of her victims, she photographed one set of twin victims without parents permission. She obsessed over the babies that would go on to collapse or die texting colleagues when not even on shift, wanting updates and seemingly revelling in all the drama on the unit.
  15. LL wrote confession notes which demonstrated her desire to be perceived as a victim. ‘Not good enough’ ‘I killed them on purpose because I’m not good enough to care for them’ ‘I am evil I did this’. In there notes she mentioned those she believed had wronged her in some way, her victim mentality was evident. ‘I don’t deserve Mum & Dad Tom & Matt’ ‘I will never have children or marry’
  16. LL lacked empathy on every level, the only person she felt sympathy for was herself. She only shed a tear when she heard the voice of her married ex lover, when she saw pictures of her bedroom or when her cats were mentioned. She showed no emotion while parents and colleagues discussed the desperate attempts to save tiny babies, the spreading rash and discolouration, inflated tummies, horrific screaming, parents describing holding their babies in their arms as they took their last breaths. LL made inappropriate comments to parents and colleagues saying to parents ‘you’ve had long enough put him in here now’ when their baby hadn’t yet passed away. She had to be told to stop going in and bothering grieving parents. She cheerfully described how she’d given her victim their first bath. She washed and dressed her victims and took their hand and foot prints for memory boxes
  17. Lucy Letby lied to police, changed her story, admitted to lying. Lied on the stand. Couldn’t recall anything that could have painted her in a bad light but recalled details that made her look innocent.
  18. Lucy Letby loved the pampering and attention she received from her married boyfriend. He showered her with compliments and even said he would trust her with his own children. This inflated her ego almost to bursting point and made her believe she had everyone fooled enough to attempt 3 murders within 3 days.
  19. Lucy Letby threw her colleagues under the bus one by one, it was always someone else’s fault and never her own. She refused to admit to any wrongdoing or making any mistakes, even when she claimed to not recall events, she knew she hadn’t made any errors.
  20. Lucy Letby demonstrated her victim mentality further, claiming to have PTSD from being arrested ‘in her pyjamas’ which NJ found wasnt true. She clung into a comfort blanket and stress toy on the stand and discussed her traumatic experience. All infront of parents who had lost their babies, had witnessed their children being resuscitated, had to bury their babies, had considered ending their own lives, had their relationships and family torn apart, these parents were truly traumatised. Yet Letby considered herself a victim and put on a sorry display of universal victim mentality as she sat with her comfort blanket like the only person in that court room who had been traumatised with absolutely no regard for the parents of the tiny babies killed.
  21. Lucy Letby refused to attend her sentencing, instead cowardly sitting in her cell pretending it wasn’t happening. Relishing in exercising the last element of control she had left. Denying her victims parents the chance to look in her eyes and tell her the horror she has brought upon their lives and how much she has stolen away from them with her evil actions.
My opinion is that Lucy Letby is an evil, psychopathic narcissist with a serious lack of empathy, an inflated sense of superiority, an excessive need for admiration, a sadistic woman who thrived in inflicting pain on others whilst operating under the guise of someone who cared. She has been convicted and is now a serial child killer serving 14 whole life orders. She will never be released to inflict such terror upon anyone else and the points above are only a small portion of what convicted her. This is without getting into the specifics of each case, the evidence here is overwhelming.
An excellent summary; thank you for taking the time to post this.

She was pretty enough to find a boyfriend if she wanted to.

Didn't she wrap a doctor around her little finger?

JMO
I reckon her personality isn't nearly as attractive as her appearance. A jealous and immature narcissist isn't the type of woman most men want to be with. It must have bothered her immensely, given her ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
martin andreasen