GUILTY UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The chief executive who oversaw the hospital where killer nurse Lucy Letby murdered seven babies received an additional £80,000 after he resigned.

Tony Chambers resigned from his £160,000-a-year role at the Countess of Chester Hospital just weeks after Letby was arrested in September 2018.

A source told the Mail he resigned following a vote of no confidence in him at an 'extraordinary' meeting of the medical staff committee, which included consultants, that same month.

But he was still paid for a further six months, The Times reports."

Probably nothing unusual in that.
The head of Natwest who has just resigned is getting a pay off of around £4 million.

Just looking at that BBC link Tortoise just posted, trial day May 2nd, and I'd forgotten that she'd said she's been diagnosed with PTSD.

I was assuming that she'd refused any mental health review because i don't recall the Defense submitting any MH reports in mitigation. Have I got confused?

Maybe she went for counselling in between the 3 arrests and got the diagnosis there?

'Letby says that at her parents home there was loud banging on the door again, and it was the police for a second time.

She says "it was the scariest thing I've ever been through, and it's traumatised me".

She says she is now very sensitive to any noise, any unexpected change. She gets startled. She says she has been diagnosed with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) in direct relation to the arrests.
When Letby was arrested for the third time she was taken into custody
She says she makes a three hour round trip to court each day
'

ps not sure I'd be complaining about a 1.5hr trip to court even if I was innocent, cause I'd know there are parents who've travelled from across the NWest and maybe even North Wales but that's just imo

She could of said SO many things under cross examination to explain away some of the questions which, had she engaged brain and bearing in mind she had had literally years to think of things she didn’t … it was quite bizarre. She lied and was caught out in those lies on multiple occasions by NJ. Her credibility was zero.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned / discussed.

I do think she was telling the truth about being arrested in her nightie.

When you look at the photo of her leaving the house, you can clearly see a long navy blue cotton nightshirt poking from under her tracksuit top. I believe she was in her nightie and simply shoved her tracksuit over the top.
She'd actually said she was "taken away" by police in her pyjamas. Then video footage showed she was taken away in a jogging suit and trainers. She may well have had a nightie on underneath and quickly put on a jogging suit before she answered the door but she was basically taken away fully clothed not in her PJs at all! And she admitted she'd lied about it. At no point did police take her away or even see her in PJs or a nightie.

<modsnip - off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
She even opened the door with a smile. That's not someone who's traumatised by loud knocking/banging on the door. If she's traumatised it was about the audacity of them arresting her, not loud noises (IMO). She said the second arrest was a repeat of the first, so I think we can assume it was another polite knock, on the parents' door. It wasn't police with a battering ram, it was a detective in a suit asking if he could come in.

I don't believe any of the stories of hyper-vigilance and PTSD related to people coughing and coming through doors. But glad the judge accommodated her act, so she could have a fair trial. Her mum even shouted out in the court and wailed loudly for goodness sake.

She even opened the door with a smile. That's not someone who's traumatised by loud knocking/banging on the door. If she's traumatised it was about the audacity of them arresting her, not loud noises (IMO). She said the second arrest was a repeat of the first, so I think we can assume it was another polite knock, on the parents' door. It wasn't police with a battering ram, it was a detective in a suit asking if he could come in.

I don't believe any of the stories of hyper-vigilance and PTSD related to people coughing and coming through doors. But glad the judge accommodated her act, so she could have a fair trial. Her mum even shouted out in the court and wailed loudly for goodness sake.
The police have said the arrests were low key so maybe she was traumatised by her mother shouting "I did it, take me instead" at her final arrest!

Her description of her own PTSD reads as if she's running off a website cue card for classic symptoms. Rookie error, not personalised or natural.

Also, why not add wtte of ' when I was charged I collapsed, fell to the floor, I could not believe that I was trapped in a nightmare and could see no way out. It was like you've been dropped into a horror/drama blah blah blah .....

cause it didn't happen. she was probably composed but downcast.

your link again

Archived Times article posted by Dr Ravi…

The nursing director was having social dinners and coffee with Letby. They were friends or so the director thought.

When you consider who Letby was schmoozing up to, it’s entirely targeted and manipulative. Even moving into the patient safety area where senior staff worked. https://archive.ph/hhdue

I had a colleague once, who was so charming, suave, seemed so nice, but led an absolute double life, had a complete mask and completely duped all of us it was like icy water hitting you in the face when we all realised things like he had a secret wife, family etc. honestly he constructed whole separate fake worlds it was the most astonishing thing. So I can absolutely believe LL duped people and she did it on purpose to allow her nefarious goals.

How many high up bosses are having people round for dinner they’re meant to be investigating. This whole situation is just astonishing and rogue IMO

They have to be charged, it’s disgusting

The ex medical director said doctors should have pushed harder to raise concerns reports the telegraph - screenshot attached

LOL

Attachments

• IMG_9659.png
    IMG_9659.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 20
Archived Times article posted by Dr Ravi…

The nursing director was having social dinners and coffee with Letby. They were friends or so the director thought.

When you consider who Letby was schmoozing up to, it’s entirely targeted and manipulative. Even moving into the patient safety area where senior staff worked. https://archive.ph/hhdue

I had a colleague once, who was so charming, suave, seemed so nice, but led an absolute double life, had a complete mask and completely duped all of us it was like icy water hitting you in the face when we all realised things like he had a secret wife, family etc. honestly he constructed whole separate fake worlds it was the most astonishing thing. So I can absolutely believe LL duped people and she did it on purpose to allow her nefarious goals.

How many high up bosses are having people round for dinner they’re meant to be investigating. This whole situation is just astonishing and rogue IMO

They have to be charged, it’s disgusting

The ex medical director said doctors should have pushed harder to raise concerns reports the telegraph - screenshot attached

LOL
and this too

'said that she had believed until the conclusion of the trial that the nurse was innocent.'

'“I did not attend the trial so I had an incomplete picture until the verdicts were announced, and more detail provided.
”'

is that plausible to WS-ers who followed reporting over the 10 months? U only decided on verdict day?

and this too

'said that she had believed until the conclusion of the trial that the nurse was innocent.'

'“I did not attend the trial so I had an incomplete picture until the verdicts were announced, and more detail provided.
”'

is that plausible to WS-ers who followed reporting over the 10 months? U only decided on verdict day?
That’s insane isn’t it. The reporting was everywhere - you wouldn’t have ANY interest in the potential crimes of someone you have had in your house and had dinner with? No curiosity or self preservation at all.

Acting as though no one has brought you any information like INSULIN injected into babies. I mean it’s embarrassing. Why does verdict day change anything. IMO she still thinks LL is innocent and is just being politically correct now a jury found her guilty. No words.

and this too

”'

I noticed in one of the articles recently post, ll seemed to just wrote Karen Rees name multiple times. Anyone else notice this or maybe I’m dreaming, lol. Anyway, it was really strange, IMO.

Found the article and I can only find KR’s name ~ 5 times, but one of the times it looks like the word “love” was written over it? This has probably already been discussed! IMO.

Last edited:
That’s insane isn’t it. The reporting was everywhere - you wouldn’t have ANY interest in the potential crimes of someone you have had in your house and had dinner with? No curiosity or self preservation at all.

Acting as though no one has brought you any information like INSULIN injected into babies. I mean it’s embarrassing. Why does verdict day change anything. IMO she still thinks LL is innocent and is just being politically correct now a jury found her guilty. No words.
Once again, a senior manager from CoC shows appalling judgement

I must be the only person on WS who didn't start reading the trial reporting until the verdicts and the scandal of the cover-up was on the news but I'm not deputy nursing director - responsible for c 1000 nurses at a hospital with a serial infanticide scandal, involving 100 family victims?

How dare she not follow the evidence, considering her role at CoC. ( She has retired, on a farm in Wales, she had the times/means. She's not even claiming that she was too traumatised to follow it. No wonder that the Times said this week that there's a number of staff still at CoC who still back LL. )

I noticed in one of the articles recently post, ll seemed to just wrote Karen Rees name multiple times. Anyone else notice this or maybe I’m dreaming, lol. Anyway, it was really strange, IMO.
was just trying to find it
it has love hearts and Kathryn de Bergerac's name too, over & over. ( Apparently KdB was HR person)

Last edited:
Detective Danielle who did most of the interviews 2019-2020 and was there at the charging, she describes LL at the charging. Daily Mail podcast, published yesterday.

11 mins for charging description

That’s interesting. One of the questions was “why do you think she talked to the police when so many don’t?” i think the Answer might be relevant to another question imo. Having a understanding of this case I might go so far as to think she is overconfident and would say that she must be if she thought she would get away with it. Especially if you look at certain bits of evidence that stand out, for instance the handover notes, the lies, her taking the stand. Anyone else think that? Way overconfident to think you could get away with it.

other bits as well, like as they say in the video when she filed the grievance.

Government quango rushes thru a recommendation made in 2019, one week before the verdict hit the proverbial fan.

Cynical - - - - - - - -

'NHS England brought forward a change in its guidelines on the appointment of managers, implementing them a week before the verdict of the Letby trial was reached.

The guidance, proposed by the Kark review of 2019, means senior leaders will have all cases of misconduct on their record until the age of 75. '

also in same Times link
'
Chambers, or 'Tony' as LL referred to him:
The chief executive who oversaw the Letby scandal was stopped from running another trust by former staff who were “outraged and distressed” that he had applied, it has been claimed.
Tony Chambers worked in a series of interim roles in other NHS trusts after he left the Countess of Chester Hospital under the cloud of the police investigation.
He was in line to become the permanent chief executive at a trust but was blocked after his record handling the Lucy Letby case was revealed , a senior NHS source has claimed.'

A source at the Queen Victoria Hospital in West Sussex, where Chambers worked from February to June of this year, said that had the guidance ( from NHS England 2019 Kark review) been in place before his appointment he would not have got the job. Chambers resigned 12 days after Letby started giving evidence at her trial.'

Good on the staff who dobbed him in

Tony, Lucy & John
'Brearey also claimed that Chambers had told them he had spent a lot of time with Letby and her father'

Last edited:
That’s interesting. One of the questions was “why do you think she talked to the police when so many don’t?” i think the Answer might be relevant to another question imo. Having a understanding of this case I might go so far as to think she is overconfident and would say that she must be if she thought she would get away with it. Especially if you look at certain bits of evidence that stand out, for instance the handover notes, the lies, her taking the stand. Anyone else think that? Way overconfident to think you could get away with it.

other bits as well, like as they say in the video when she filed the grievance.
Agreed I think LL had spent years doing this and absolutely was overconfident, agree with others she had been at it for a while :( she gets very angry and was schmoozing execs who no doubt encouraged a formal grievance given they were trying to formally report the consultants to GMC.

The execs are completely contemptuous of the court process, the consultants and what they have done. They presided over the mass murder of babies and are still complaining about the consultants and saying she was innocent as far as they’re concerned?! Horrendous arrogant delusional levels of misjudgement and self interest.

These notes were all completely bizarre. JMO but I am utterly sure she wrote these to assist a mental health diagnosis as a defence. LL was one cool collected bean.
IDK Furore
I do think there's something wrong with her, apart from being a psychopath. However she's highly manipulative so anything is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member