UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 8 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 5 hung re attempted #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She’s entitled to very regular visits.
I suppose the logistics of Hereford to Bronzefield will be the issue here.
Yes, I think so.

I know there was talk of them moving house to live near here when she was in/potentially going to Low Newton in Durham but that never seemed realistic to me given that prisoners are subject to regular moving to different prisons.

Given that the retrial started yesterday and went straight to jury selection, I'm guessing that she doesn't get an opportunity to enter a plea? Her plea still stands from the initial proceedings?

I have to say that I really hope that this whole things ends after this retrial, regardless of the outcome.

Yes, it's important that justice is done, and is done properly, but I think that further legal proceedings are just going to turn into some sort of farce - and an expensive one at that. I cannot see what benefit to anyone there could be in pursuing any of this further and I think that would apply even to any other suspected crimes she may have committed. She's never getting out so what's the point?

The delusional "Lucy Letby is innocent" loons need to give their heads a wobble and drop it as well, IMO.

Is there new evidence in the case of Baby K?
New info?
New witness?

If not,
I'm not sure if the verdict will be different from the original Jury.

After all,
the original trial lasted nearly a year,
and the Jury had all possible evidence and took a lot of time for discussion,
and still were not able to decide.

JMO

If it was my baby I'd want to keep going until justice is done to be fair
I get that but we have to look at things pragmatically and from a public interest point of view; if it turns out that she's suspected of 100 more offences, the CPS prosecute all of them and she's convicted of everything what benefit does it serve? How is it in the public interest?

She can't be punished to any greater extent.

I think that this idea of "wanting justice done" in every single case and almost at any cost is a tad unrealistic and unreasonable, tbh. It provides no benefit to the public in that people like her are never going to be released so don't pose any risk of reoffending. All we are doing is spending money and tying up court time and very expensive lawyers for little to no benefit.

Harold Shipman is reckoned to have murdered 300+ people but I don't think anyone ever suggested that he should have been tried with every single one.

Is there new evidence in the case of Baby K?
New info?
New witness?

If not,
I'm not sure if the verdict will be different from the original Jury.

After all,
the original trial lasted nearly a year,
and the Jury had all possible evidence and took a lot of time for discussion,
and still were not able to decide.

JMO
I agree.

I'm not sure I'm seeing the point of this retrial, tbh. I can't help thinking that there must be some new evidence or some specific legal point relating to this one case that the prosecution is getting at because why this one and not the other eight or whatever there were?

Very strange, IMO.

11:30am

There has been a delay to the start of today's proceedings. It is expected the retrial will still take place later.

I wonder what is occuring?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back