Recovered/Located UK - Paul Marshall Sex offender serving life absconds from open prison, Lincolnshire

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Luwin

Reaction score

A convicted sex offender who is serving a life sentence has absconded from an open prison in Lincolnshire.

Paul Marshall, 53, who was jailed for rape and wounding with intent, was reported missing from HMP North Sea Camp on Tuesday.
Lincolnshire Police said he was thought to be in the Mansfield or Nottingham areas.
Members of the public are being warned not to approach him but to call police on 999.

1669209833106.png
''Marshall has links to the Mansfield area and Lincolnshire Police believe he may have travelled to Nottinghamshire.

Anyone who sees Marshall should not approach him but should instead call 999, quoting incident 704 of 22 November 2022''

1669210082890.png

SBM
1_MarshallPNG.png

SBM
Templates-for-MyNewsDesk-3.png

20221123_115106-1500x2000.jpg

4 min. ago.rbbm.

''Marshall, a convicted sex offender serving a life sentence for rape and wounding with intent, absconded from HMP North Sea Camp in Lincolnshire last month.
Following sightings of the offender in Mansfield and Doncaster in recent days, many residents in Worksop took to social media to say that Marshall had been spotted in the Thievesdale area on Sunday evening.
Lincolnshire Police could not confirm at this time whether the sightings were genuine but a spokesperson said that if anyone does see the 53-year-old, it is essential that they do not approach him as he is considered dangerous and to dial 999 immediately.''

A convicted rapist who absconded from a Lincolnshire open prison five months ago has still not been found.

Paul Marshall, 53, was reported missing from HMP North Sea Camp near Boston on Tuesday, 22 November.

He is serving a life sentence for rape and wounding with intent.

Nottinghamshire Police released CCTV images showing the 53-year-old in Mansfield town centre shortly after his disappearance.

He was also spotted in Doncaster on 30 November 2022.

Lincolnshire Police confirmed on Saturday 8 April that his whereabouts are still unknown.

Anyone who sees Marshall should not approach him but should instead call 999.

"Last year, the Deputy Prime Minister introduced greater scrutiny of Parole Board recommendations on open prison moves and may reject a recommendation unless prisoners can demonstrably pass a tough three-step test, including proving they are highly unlikely to abscond; that the move is essential for them to work towards future release; and the move would not undermine public confidence in the wider criminal justice system."

If I hadn't just read this, no way would I believe it. Article says Marshall was "caged" with a life sentence....? I'm sure the victims of these SA perps are just thrilled to know they can just walk away if their placement ends up being a parole board failure.

Jolly Old England, indeed.

JMO

Ok I get people convicted of low level non-violent cases being put in such a facility, but a rapist? Really? I swear, the way the legal system values the freedom and lives of perpetrators over victims, gets extremely frustrating at times.
Particularly with a life sentence!!! Wounding with intent sounds quite sinister in light of this. Wonder what the circumstances of the offence were. Imo

Interesting. From 2006 so age checks out.

"Paul Marshall, 35, was quizzed over claims he flung two cups over the Soham killer at top security Wakefield Prison last September."

"Marshall was jailed for life for a rape in Essex in 1986. "

That's all i can find.

A convicted sex offender who absconded from an open prison in Lincolnshire about five months ago has been arrested, police said.

Paul Marshall, 54, sparked a police hunt after he went missing from HMP North Sea Camp in November 2022.

He was jailed for rape and wounding with intent and was serving a life sentence at the site.

Lincolnshire Police said he had been arrested in the neighbouring Humberside force area on Sunday.

A spokesperson added: "Thank you to everyone who shared our appeals."

CCTV images were released at the time he absconded, which showed him walking in Mansfield town centre carrying an orange backpack.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back