Found Deceased UK - Petra Srncova, 32, senior nurse assistant, London, 28 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
UPDATE: Body found in Camberwell park

Met Police have now updated this and specified the following:

"Officers attended and found a woman who was deceased. Her death is being treated as unexplained but initial enquiries suggest the circumstances are not suspicious. A post-mortem examination will take place is due course."

BBM
For the police to say that initially Petra's death seems to be non-suspicious, suggests to me that they can see how she likely died, for example suicide (hanging), drug overdose (paraphenalia + note?) or accidental drug or alcohol overdose + hypothermia or a fatal asthma attack (medical history, presence of inhaler maybe and other tell-tale signs?)... I can't think of anything else. The only one which would instantly fit the criteria of a likely suicide would surely be hanging + note, but how could she have managed that? there is a tree, but how to climb up there to organise it? and surely someone would have spotted her body as soon as it was light. It's very puzzling that the police are hinting at suicide so early on in the investigation. If it was a drug overdose, it's possible that they saw from cctv that she met up with someone from whom she possibly bought the drugs and it is he who was arrested, but they can't pin anything on him.
In one of the articles I read, one lady who spoke to the press said she knew the 'kids' (or parents of... I can't remember) who found her body, which suggests she probably knows more details than most. She expressed feeling fearful and unsettled. Her comments don't gel with that the body was hanging. That wouldn't make a person frightened. Unsettled, yes, but not fearful that there's a killer in their midst.
Just thinking out loud of course.

For the police to say that initially Petra's death seems to be non-suspicious, suggests to me that they can see how she likely died, for example suicide (hanging), drug overdose (paraphenalia + note?) or accidental drug or alcohol overdose + hypothermia or a fatal asthma attack (medical history, presence of inhaler maybe and other tell-tale signs?)... I can't think of anything else. The only one which would instantly fit the criteria of a likely suicide would surely be hanging + note, but how could she have managed that? there is a tree, but how to climb up there to organise it? and surely someone would have spotted her body as soon as it was light. It's very puzzling that the police are hinting at suicide so early on in the investigation. If it was a drug overdose, it's possible that they saw from cctv that she met up with someone from whom she possibly bought the drugs and it is he who was arrested, but they can't pin anything on him.
In one of the articles I read, one lady who spoke to the press said she knew the 'kids' (or parents of... I can't remember) who found her body, which suggests she probably knows more details than most. She expressed feeling fearful and unsettled. Her comments don't gel with that the body was hanging. That wouldn't make a person frightened. Unsettled, yes, but not fearful that there's a killer in their midst.
Yes, I noticed this uneasiness as well while reading updates.

Roughly 80% of successful female suicide attempts are either via hanging/suffocation (46.4%) or poisioning (34.1%).

Suicides in the UK - Office for National Statistics

It is not responsible to discuss in too much depth how to commit suicide, but you don’t need to climb up a tree to hang yourself from it, and many people also hang themselves from lower levels than you might guess from what you see on TV and in films.

I think the cause of Petra’s death must have been immediately obvious and/or she is one of the minority of those who commit suicide who have left a note.

It is not responsible to discuss in too much depth how to commit suicide, but you don’t need to climb up a tree to hang yourself from it, and many people also hang themselves from lower levels than you might guess from what you see on TV and in films.

I think the cause of Petra’s death must have been immediately obvious and/or she is one of the minority of those who commit suicide who have left a note.
But she contacted her family in the morning on Monday.
So, after she left home at Sunday night, she was alive till morning.
Where was she?
Did she lurk in this park all day on Monday?
I dont think she commited suicide during the day with people mingling there.
Did she go somewhere and then return to the park at night?

It is all very strange.

Last edited:
Where was she?
Did she lurk in this park all day?
It is all very strange.

If it was suicide, she might have needed to acquire supplies/items for her chosen method, which could potentially also explain the cash withdrawal.

Hopefully the Police will have requested her phone data from her network which might shed some light on when the last activity was and where the phone went while it was on.

Has anything been stated in terms of when exactly it was sent? Some might consider the early hours as the morning.

If it was suicide, she might have needed to acquire supplies/items for her chosen method, which could potentially also explain the cash withdrawal.

Hopefully the Police will have requested her phone data from her network which might shed some light on when the last activity was and where the phone went while it was on.

Has anything been stated in terms of when exactly it was sent? Some might consider the early hours as the morning.
Yes, phone data would be very important.
I think she had a meeting with somebody on Sunday night.

Last edited:
This is simply heartbreaking :(

Yeah, most support services (There are exceptions like the Samaritans phoneline) cut off in the evening as well which just makes it worse. Not a criticism as obviously it's extremely challenging to run a 24/7 operation, paticularly when most are manned by volunteers. But it's sad that most support services aren't open at the time when people are potentially more likely to be making their decision.

I hope eitherway that the PM is conclusive and can give some answers to her family.

That interview is a bit unclear, maybe because the father is in distress. What he clearly says is that Friday 3 December police visited her and this man told them he hadn't seen Petra since Monday (this is the info Met Police gave the dad). Then this man was detained on Friday. Father said that Petra probably was in a relationship with this man, but she didn't tell her dad because he disapproved. The article indicates, based on father's words, that Petra and this man had been living together for 10 years. Dad says that this man drinks time to time.
Dad is very distresed and frustrated because of lack of information from the Met Police.
I think key parts of this interview have been lost in translation Archounek

But he added that she had been 'withdrawn and suffering from several health problems'.

Well, at least the flatmate/boyfriend noticed she was withdrawn. I don't get the impression it was an overly loving relationship.

Being withdrawn could indicate severe depression, and along with 'several health problems' (whatever those were) it does rather sound like suicide was the most likely cause.

Several health problems doesn't sound nice at all. Poor Petra.

I am not at all convinced of this suicide theory.
Petra worked in medical environment, surely any sign of depression or drug abuse would be noticed by medical staff - they are professionals after all.

As for Police statement - I still remember that the murder of Maria Rawlings was also not classified as suspicious at first.
And she was lying naked, beaten and strangled in the bushes :(

The incidence of depression and drug obuse within the medical field is high. Not all depression is obvious to others: some are very adept at hiding their feelings, as is covering their misuse of recreational drugs.

The difference with the case you mention and this one is that here the victim was not 'lying naked, beaten and strangled in the bushes'.

Last edited:
Where was she?
Did she lurk in this park all day on Monday?

It is all very strange.

I thought it was the early hours of Monday morning? Which would tie in with going home, bathing, going out again.

Anyone got a definite of rough time of phone call?

Well, at least the flatmate/boyfriend noticed she was withdrawn. I don't get the impression it was an overly loving relationship.

Being withdrawn could indicate severe depression, and along with 'several health problems' (whatever those were) it does rather sound like suicide was the most likely cause.

Several health problems doesn't sound nice at all. Poor Petra.

And those health problems may play a key part, particularly if on any prescribed meds for them where an overdose would be fatal.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hey2you22
Back