Found Deceased UK - Petra Srncova, 32, senior nurse assistant, London, 28 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I rewatched the video of Petra's father in hopes to specify the time of the morning communication with her family. Literally he said: "In the morning she sent a smileyface from her phone to her mum, because she is responsible..."
So no specification of the time it was sent. Maybe this can help a tiny bit: in Czechia we don't use "morning" for the whole span of hours until noon. I think morning for most Czech people ends at 10 am at the latest, but usually even earlier. I would say the view depends on when they (need to) get up.

But she contacted her family in the morning on Monday.
So, after she left home at Sunday night, she was alive till morning.
Where was she?
Did she lurk in this park all day on Monday?
I dont think she commited suicide during the day with people mingling there.
Did she go somewhere and then return to the park at night?

It is all very strange.

The timeline is not clear but perhaps will become clearer.

Not to be too personal I hope, but I had serious problems with alcohol, basically had a breakdown and was fired from my job and considered ending my life. I went missing from home for about a week, staying in a cheap hotel, drinking on and off in parks or whatever and wandering around the streets etc during the day until I realised it would upset my family too much to lose me.

I’m all better now by the way but I can see how someone might go missing and not immediately take their own life but do so a few days later.

Not to be too personal I hope, but I had serious problems with alcohol, basically had a breakdown and was fired from my job and considered ending my life. I went missing from home for about a week, staying in a cheap hotel, drinking on and off in parks or whatever and wandering around the streets etc during the day until I realised it would upset my family too much to lose me.

I’m all better now by the way but I can see how someone might go missing and not immediately take their own life but do so a few days later.
So glad you have managed to pull to the brighter side :)
Stay strong!

As for Petra, it is possible that she wandered for days using money she withdrew and then decided to return to her "home park".

But there would be witnesses, no?

Thank you so much for sharing that with us Rusty Braincells x

So glad you have managed to pull to the brighter side :)
Stay strong!

As for Petra, it is possible that she wandered for days using money she withdrew and then decided to return to her "home park".

There was a delay between her leaving her home and her being reported missing saly. If she was alive longer, unless she was doing something that drew attention to her it'd take someone with a good memory. I went to the supermarket earlier and I can't recall the face of a single person in there.

There was a delay between her leaving her home and her being reported missing saly. If she was alive longer, unless she was doing something that drew attention to her it'd take someone with a good memory. I went to the supermarket earlier and I can't recall the face of a single person in there.
True :)

I rewatched the video of Petra's father in hopes to specify the time of the morning communication with her family. Literally he said: "In the morning she sent a smileyface from her phone to her mum, because she is responsible..."
So no specification of the time it was sent. Maybe this can help a tiny bit: in Czechia we don't use "morning" for the whole span of hours until noon. I think morning for most Czech people ends at 10 am at the latest, but usually even earlier. I would say the view depends on when they (need to) get up.

Did he specifically refer to the Monday, or could he have been referring to the Sunday morning?

Did he specifically refer to the Monday, or could he have been referring to the Sunday morning?

The video is cut in that way, that he said "In the morning..." without specifying which morning, but the article and reporter's commentary transcribes it as the morning she didn't arrive at work. Also the announcement on the Czech Embassy website was formulated so that she was in touch with her family in the morning of 29 November.
But I have to say that her father was really distraught in the video and his statements seem sometimes unclear even to me as a native Czech speaker.

Thank you for your openness and honesty, Rusty *advertiser censored* I’m very happy to hear you’re doing better nowadays.

I think I have liked every single post of yours so far, by the way, before even knowing anything about your personal history.

Sometimes I feel highly frustrated when reading about opinions that “it cannot be a suicide” because there were no signs/because the person was a doctor, nurse, psychiatrist, military trained… because the person did some shopping beforehand, had plans to do nice things next weekend etc. etc.

Suffering certainly doesn’t have anything to do with how one appears to other people.

I lost my educated and successful father to suicide at the age of 5. I still cannot figure out why. It was 41 years ago.

Sometimes I feel highly frustrated when reading about opinions that “it cannot be a suicide” because there were no signs/because the person was a doctor, nurse, psychiatrist, military trained… because the person did some shopping beforehand, had plans to do nice things next weekend etc. etc.

Suffering certainly doesn’t have anything to do with how one appears to other people.

I lost my educated and successful father to suicide at the age of 5. I still cannot figure out why. It was 41 years ago.
Dont get frustrated.
People simply dont understand how somebody can end his/her life.
They are looking for clues.
As an optimist I always think there is a way out of any difficulty.
But then, everybody is unique.
Mental health is fragile.

Last edited:
suicide is all too common, ive lost two good friends this year.
Thank you for your openness and honesty, Rusty *advertiser censored* I’m very happy to hear you’re doing better nowadays.

I think I have liked every single post of yours so far, by the way, before even knowing anything about your personal history.

Thank you too for sharing that. I've lost 2 good friends to suicide this year, it's all too common. I don't like how it's made me fearful of other people I know doing the same. I feel ultra sensitive to it, but that's maybe not a bad thing. I hope you're doing OK x

I am a new member coming to follow this case because I, like others here, used to live in the area. So very, very sad. Like everyone here I am sure, I would very much like this case to be resolved as something that is not sinister.

However, I have read all the posts to date, and just wanted to add that I wish that I had as much confidence in others here in the 'findings' of this police force.

There is enough conflicting and strange information here for me to want more information before I would start assuming or even speculating that Petra was an addict and/or suicidal. That's what the police 'assumed' about the victims of Stephen Port - who we now know were none of those things.

Can anyone explain how or why, having found the disappearance suspicious enough to actually make an arrest, then found a body, but before doing an autopsy, the police are now no longer suspicious that something happened to Petra? Ok maybe she left a 'note'. Like the bodies of the victims of Stephen Port? That kind of note?

What cause of death could be so unsuspicious when a young woman's body is found in a small busy park, two weeks after she went missing? Genuine question. How can they be so sure? After eight hours of examining the scene? Why didn't her partner report her missing? Is her partner the same man arrested and now released?

Stephen Port was arrested for moving one of his victim's bodies. He was released on bail and went on to murder more.

I hate feeling this way (suspicious) but I can't help it, since learning about the victims of Stephen Port; Nicole Smallman and Bibaa Henry; Henriett Szucs and Mihrican Mustafa; and of course Sarah Everard. Not just what the Met did/failed to do. But the way they have failed to act after egregious mistakes were made.

Witnesses to what?

An eastern European immigrant woman in London, with an accent, where it's cold and dark and she's wearing a coat and a hat and seems unhappy, wandering and drinking?

That could be a description of hundreds of thousands of people.

I don't think many people in London would take much notice to be honest.

Plus, colder weather clothing like a hat may conceal her hair and features, not to mention a mask for Covid rules.

I doubt she stood out to anyone.

Sad business.

Last edited:
Witnesses to what?

An eastern European immigrant woman in London, with an accent, where it's cold and dark and she's wearing a coat and a hat and seems unhappy, wandering and drinking?

That could be a description of hundreds of thousands of people.

I don't think many people in London would take much notice to be honest.

Plus, colder weather clothing like a hat may conceal her hair and features, not to mention a mask for Covid rules.

I doubt she stood out to anyone.

Sad business.
Somebody might have noticed something.
There is always at least 1 witness in a crowd.

Somebody might have noticed something.

You can't claim that, Dotta, there's a massive chunk of cases on this site where someone has disappeared in the midst of multiple people. And it's totally possible to be unseen in parts of the city anyway - imagine she came to be at the park late at night. I can't imagine there would be crowds of park-goers in the area. It's possible someone saw her, but it's not guaranteed.

If that were true, half of these cases would be solved.

Sure, there are people in a crowd, but very rarely anyone who remembers a person that wasn't relevant or part of the background as the time.

I can't even remember the name if the first colleague I walked past at work this morning.

Why can't I remember? Because I didn't have to.

Same with these potential witnesses!

If that were true, half of these cases would be solved.

Sure, there are people in a crowd, but very rarely anyone who remembers a person that wasn't relevant or part of the background as the time.

I can't even remember the name if the first colleague I walked past at work this morning.

Why can't I remember? Because I didn't have to.

Same with these potential witnesses!

The answer is:
Statistics - the noble art.

Oh, and famous London cctv.

And as you wrote - Petra's "Eastern European accent" which should attract more witnesses as a distinctive feature.

PS
Please, let's leave it at this :)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members