Found Deceased UK - Petra Srncova, 32, senior nurse assistant, London, 28 Nov 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some time ago I read on WS a thread of an American student who was missing from a campus.
He was a popular child actor in the past.

He was found in some bushes not far from the house he was living.

It was treated as suicide by overdosing drugs.

The thing is he chose dense bushes, his body was found by chance.

Could there be something more sinister like a hit squad involved here. It says that her death is unexplained at the moment and that initial enquiries for her death have not been suspicious. A postmortem examination will take place in due course.
It is odd that the police arrested a man previously and believed that there had been something unusual with her disappearance.
Police not treating Petra Srncova’s disappearance as suspicious
Someone may have encouraged her to kill herself

Czech TV station Nova informed about Petra in the main news programme tonight. The article on the Nova website has also a brief interview with her father who shared some personal info about Petra: she loved ballet, travelling and diving. She also loved parrots. She had lived in London for years.
Her father also said that Petra had texted an emoji to her mum on the day she had never arrived to work.
The family hasn't received concrete information about Petra's disappearance yet. Also Czech Police awaits the official announcement from the Met.

The family is mourning nurse Petra. (video and article in Czech language)

Last edited:
Czech TV station Nova informed about Petra in the main news programme tonight. The article on the Nova website has also a brief interview with her father who shared some personal info about Petra: she loved ballet, travelling and diving. She also loved parrots. She had lived in London for years.
Her father also said that Petra had texted an emoji to her mum on the day she had never arrived to work.
The family hasn't recieved concrete information about Petra's disappearance yet. Also Czech Police awaits the official announcement from the Met.

The family is mourning nurse Petra. (video and article in Czech language)

What really got me was the unread birthday card... Besides, the fact that her father's name is Petr means she might have been named after him; even if she hadn't been, I can imagine they would have celebrated so many of their name days together. None of these days are ever going to be the same now. I wasn't going to say this until the Met Police announced that the body had been formally identified as her but now that I've read this article I ought to... Rest in perfect peace, Petra.

Someone may have encouraged her to kill herself
This is one possibility I was also thinking, assisted suicide. This would explain forensics at the house and a person arrested on bail but maybe police did initially suspect some foul play.

Exkluzivní rozhovor s otcem zesnulé Češky: Musím bojovat. Už 10 dnů ale nejím

As far as I could gather from this article, Petra's father suggests that she had an "intimate relationship" with the man detained by the police and that they had "been together for ten years". I'm not too sure whether or not it is inferred that they had also lived together during this time. There's also a bit in there about her father possibly disagreeing with their relationship because of the guy's background.

Petra's father goes on to say that on Friday, December 3rd, 2021 following her colleague's report the Police paid her partner a visit and asked him if he had seen her, but he told them that he hadn't seen her since Monday. JMO but that and the fact that he hadn't been the one to report her as missing would be really strange if they didn't live apart.

@Archounek and @Marulinka feel free to add anything or correct any of this if it's wrong; it was translated using Google Translate and we all know how unreliable that can be.

Last edited:
I am not at all convinced of this suicide theory.
Petra worked in medical environment, surely any sign of depression or drug abuse would be noticed by medical staff - they are professionals after all.

As for Police statement - I still remember that the murder of Maria Rawlings was also not classified as suspicious at first.
And she was lying naked, beaten and strangled in the bushes :(

As far as I could gather from this article, Petra's father suggests that she had an "intimate relationship" with the man detained by the police and that they had "been together for ten years". I'm not too sure whether or not it is inferred that they had also lived together during this time. There's also a bit in there about her father having his own opinion about their relationship due to the guy's background.

Petra's father goes on to say that on Friday, December 3rd, 2021 following her colleague's report the Police paid her partner a visit and asked him if he had seen her, but he told them that he hadn't seen her since Monday. JMO but that and the fact that he hadn't been the one to report her as missing would be really strange if they didn't live apart.

@Archounek and @Marulinka feel free to add anything or correct any of this if it's wrong; I translated using Google Translate and we all know how unreliable that can be.

Just by using Google translate alone it does read that they lived together and the police knocked at the address and he said he hadn't seen her since Monday

Just by using Google translate alone it does read that they lived together and the police knocked at the address and he said he hadn't seen her since Monday

Thank you, it definitely did not state that clearly in the version that I got earlier on :confused:. Again, @Archounek and @Marulinka could definitely benefit from your help here; besides, there's nothing quite like a native speaker IMO.

I am not at all convinced of this suicide theory.
Petra worked in medical environment, surely any sign of depression or drug abuse would be noticed by medical staff - they are professionals after all.

As for Police statement - I still remember that the murder of Maria Rawlings was also not classified as suspicious at first.

There were 64 suicides by healthcare workers in the UK in the first 6 months of 2020: Number of suicides among healthcare workers (persons aged 18 to 64 years) registered in England and Wales during the first six months of 2019 and 2020 - Office for National Statistics

Most medical professionals have little more than perhaps a module at uni on mental health. Even if they had suspicions, if she didn't want to talk about how she was feeling there wouldn't be much they can do. It'd be inappropriate to push someone on their mental health in a work setting when she wasn't a patient of theirs.

There were 64 suicides by healthcare workers in the UK in the first 6 months of 2020: Number of suicides among healthcare workers (persons aged 18 to 64 years) registered in England and Wales during the first six months of 2019 and 2020 - Office for National Statistics

Most medical professionals have little more than perhaps a module at uni on mental health. Even if they had suspicions, if she didn't want to talk about how she was feeling there wouldn't be much they can do. It'd be inappropriate to push someone on their mental health in a work setting when she wasn't a patient of theirs.
How scary :(

Wait so, she had a partner whom she’d been with for ten years and whom she lived with, and yet it was her coworker who reported her missing when she didn’t show up to work for an entire week?

That seems very bizarre, in my opinion.

Wait so, she had a partner whom she’d been with for ten years and whom she lived with, and yet it was her coworker who reported her missing when she didn’t show up to work for an entire week?

That seems very bizarre, in my opinion.
This is all veeeery strange.
Suspicious would be
understatement.

<rsbm>

I've been thinking exactly that all day: that this is the force who needed a pathologist to tell them a naked woman with her chest crushed in was a murder victim. So I think I'll wait for the PM findings before forming my opinion, personally.

JMO

As far as I could gather from this article, Petra's father suggests that she had an "intimate relationship" with the man detained by the police and that they had "been together for ten years". I'm not too sure whether or not it is inferred that they had also lived together during this time. There's also a bit in there about her father possibly disagreeing with their relationship because of the guy's background.

@Archounek and @Marulinka feel free to add anything or correct any of this if it's wrong; it was translated using Google Translate and we all know how unreliable that can be.

That interview is a bit unclear, maybe because the father is in distress. What he clearly says is that Friday 3 December police visited her and this man told them he hadn't seen Petra since Monday (this is the info Met Police gave the dad). Then this man was detained on Friday. Father said that Petra probably was in a relationship with this man, but she didn't tell her dad because he disapproved. The article indicates, based on father's words, that Petra and this man had been living together for 10 years. Dad says that this man drinks time to time.
Dad is very distresed and frustrated because of lack of information from the Met Police.

Last edited:
That interview is a bit unclear, maybe because the father is in distress. What he clearly says is that Friday 3 December police visited her and this man told them he hadn't seen Petra since Monday (this is the info Met Police gave the dad). Then this man was detained on Friday. Father said that Petra probably was in a relationship with this man, but she didn't tell her dad because he disapproved. The article indicates, based on father's words, that Petra and this man had been living together for 10 years. Dad says that this man drinks time to time.
Dad is very distresed and frustrated because of lack of information from the Met Police.
So I was right about the boyfriend arrested :)
But if somebody put dead Petra in the park, it wasnt him - he was in a police cell.

Maybe their relationship was turbulent, and when they argued she used to leave and stay with a friend?
So he wasnt worried about her disappearance?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomgetty
Back