GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but he would still know if he had heard SH shouting. It doesn't matter what it was about, or what he inferred from it. If he heard SH shouting, that would prove that she was awake and not sleeping all the way through the removal of the parcels.

As a witness we've heard he'd exaggerated/made up stories to big himself up and that he has problems interpreting emotions of others. I think even if he did say he saw her , SH's defence could argue that he's not a reliable witness.

ETA It'll be interesting to see if pros does ever mention his claim again when he's summing everything up.

I dont believe so - not from everything I have seen on tweets and MSM.

So, another puzzle - was this just another fabrication by JI ?

More puzzling why did the pros throw that at SH if he can't get JI to back it up?

ETA never mind, have read on

Out of interest, are uk court cases usually so relaxed when it comes to the prosecution questioning? It's really not how I imagined it would be.

As a witness we've heard he'd exaggerated/made up stories to big himself up and that he has problems interpreting emotions of others. I think even if he did say he saw her , SH's defence could argue that he's not a reliable witness.

ETA It'll be interesting to see if pros does ever mention his claim again when he's summing everything up.

Still seems odd to leave it out though, if it was a statement made originally by JI.

I would rule much of his testimony as unreliable, he has changed the details so many times, but it would seem strange for JI to lie about hearing a woman shouting as surely that would not incriminate him.

ETA - and the Prosecution not asking this question, does give a massive boost to SHs story that she went indoors and went to sleep. We know that NM went with KD and JI to get the van, we have calculated that this took minimum half hour, possibly a bit longer, so it is feasible that SH could have gone to bed and to sleep in that amount of time.

Still seems odd to leave it out though, if it was a statement made originally by JI.

I would rule much of his testimony as unreliable, he has changed the details so many times, but it would seem strange for JI to lie about hearing a woman shouting as surely that would not incriminate him.

I think it was in his friends statement rather than his. We only get tweeted versions and summaries so I wonder if pros worded it that "JI's friend says he saw you arguing" rather than pros quoting JI himself. Hoping to catch SH out without definitely confirming JI said it.

James Ireland has now finished giving evidence.

Donovan Demetrius - who also denies assisting an offender - will now take to the witness stand.

Demetrius was living with brother Karl Demetrius at the time Becky’s body was hidden in Karl’s shed.

The prosecution claims he knew Becky’s body parts had been stored at the property but he denies playing any part in hiding the schoolgirl’s body.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6765076

Out of interest, are uk court cases usually so relaxed when it comes to the prosecution questioning? It's really not how I imagined it would be.

I can't recall another trial quite like this one. I would have expected a much harsher grilling - apart from anything else, because of the horrific nature of what happened to Becky ..... let alone the rather glib "I slept through it all", "I smoked through it all" explanations from SH. I really feel she got off lightly.

It feels more like a case against NM for the abuse of SH, than the murder of Becky.

But obviously I'm only reading bits on here, so could be getting totally the wrong impression.

Wonder if this was the pros attempt to get JI to say he'd seen SH awake at CML when the bags were being loaded

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 2 hrs2 hours ago  Bristol, England
Ireland can't recall anyone being on the sofa whilst moving bags #beckywatts

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 1m1 minute ago

DD says he didn’t see brother often as he worked days, while KD worked nights, says if he wanted to contact him he would ring

Jess Skinner ‏@missJSkinner 2m2 minutes ago

#BeckyWatts trial: DD is asked if he ever went in the shed at Barton Court? 'No' - Did you know what was in the shed? 'No'

He adds he didn’t have any keys to get in, and would have to knock to gain entry.

He says as time went on he often didn’t go back to the house after work, only returning to change before heading to work again.

When asked if he had ever been into the garden shed he replied "never"

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 46s47 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: DD says he'd have to knock the door so that JP could let him into the house. Says she got annoyed.

Towards mid feb DD says he started spending less time at the house.

Wonder if this was the pros attempt to get JI to say he'd seen SH awake at CML when the bags were being loaded

christine megson ‏@meganewswest · 2 hrs2 hours ago  Bristol, England
Ireland can't recall anyone being on the sofa whilst moving bags #beckywatts

Or could be to see if DD was asleep on KD's sofa.

Although somebody mentioned on Uk&Eire that if only NM went into the lounge, SH could have been in there for all anybody knows.

fromUK&Eire, 16 mins ago

"I share all your concerns about the lack of questioning or pressure from the prosecution - I am not sure at this stage, if they are waiting to question all the defendants and then maybe recall them. Who knows? but it does seem very relaxed atm"

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 2m2 minutes ago

At 10.19 on Feb 23 - night Becky's body parts moved - KD texted DD: "he said he will give it to me tomorrow latest"

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 1m1 minute ago

#BeckyWatts trial: On 23Feb KD text DD saying ‘he will give it to me tomorrow, latest’ - same day it's believed Becky's body was moved.

fromUK&Eire, 16 mins ago

"I share all your concerns about the lack of questioning or pressure from the prosecution - I am not sure at this stage, if they are waiting to question all the defendants and then maybe recall them. Who knows? but it does seem very relaxed atm"

Also we're only reading it rather than hearing it. Pros might be in full Judge Rinder mode while he's saying these relaxed sounding things lol

DD says he had never seen NM, SH or JI in 2015. He didn't have their numbers and they didn't have his.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 58s59 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: DD says it was to do with the sale of his moped, which one of KD’s friends was going to buy for £400.

If JI was offered money afterwards it would have been before 25th Feb. Why would he need to be offered money after the fact if all he had thought he was moving was clothes? Do we know when the Snapchat messages were that JI sent saying "is this the kiddies house?". Was he offered money to keep quiet because he was asking too many questions?

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-...tory-28106894-detail/story.html#ixzz3qWPTuQft

With regards to the 'kiddies house' a young male family member has moved to Bristol and on the few occasions he has been home, he has used the word 'kiddy' when referring to males he now knows from Bristol. When I asked him why kiddy? he said it was just something they say.

He says he didn't know his brother was friends with NM

Donovan Demetrius tells the court he moved in with his brother Karl and his brother’s partner Jaydene Parsons at their three-bedroom house as he was arguing with his younger brother, but never anticipated living there “long term”.

He said Parsons began getting “funny with me after two or three weeks” and he decided to leave.

While he was living there, Becky’s body parts were moved and stored in the shed in the back garden.

Donovan tells the jury he would “never” go in the shed and he had no idea what was inside.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6765076

Good morning - @ OrangeTabby and @Clio:

I don't want to copy both posts and also don't want to be pedantic, but did JP say "Are you going to store it for him" or
"Are you going to hide it for him".

One word can make a tremendous difference to the intention and knowledge and I wonder which is correct ? TYIA

This is a very good point, and I wonder if this is why KD and JP have pleaded guilty. If they knew they were "hiding" something it's pretty obvious they knew there was something dodgy about the whole business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Looneybinmadness