GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also we're only reading it rather than hearing it. Pros might be in full Judge Rinder mode while he's saying these relaxed sounding things lol

Except, UK&Eire is seeing it, being as he/she is in court.

So, I would have hoped they might say, it may sound relaxed but trust me, Pros is looking fierce, or words to that effect. He/She has told us before about how people look, their reactions or lack of.

I find it interesting, the bit about re-questioning all the defendants. Am not sure that is plausible, though at the same time, UK&Eire has much more experience of trials than me, so perhaps this does happen in a multiple defendant case ?

With regards to the 'kiddies house' a young male family member has moved to Bristol and on the few occasions he has been home, he has used the word 'kiddy' when referring to males he now knows from Bristol. When I asked him why kiddy? he said it was just something they say.

OOh I never knew that. To me it would have meant little kid, though it's not a word used local to me(nowhere near Bristol). We'd say "little un" not kiddie.

But I've just looked it up under bristol slang and you're right kiddie=youth or teenager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/sop/brizzle/story.shtml

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 24s25 seconds ago

DD says he was "I was distraught, shocked, going through the motions" when he heard about brother Karl's guilty plea

I agree with everything you say. But why does Ireland say it was his idea to take the packages to Barton Court?

1. As much as we know anything in this case, we know this is not true.

2. This lie by Ireland cannot possibly help him.

So why do you think he says it? That is what has me flummoxed.

Maybe it was as simple as JI saying "So where are we taking this stuff? Shall we go to your place?" and KD saying "Yes". As you say, he has no reason to lie about it.

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 56s56 seconds ago

Karl Demetrius and his girlfriend Jaydene Parsons have pleaded guilty to assisting an offender

He adds: "I’m angry. Why would he put himself in that position, there was never a point, because I wouldn’t."

DD: "Who in their right mind would do something so animalistic, it’s sickening. My heart goes out to their family."

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 1m1 minute ago

#BeckyWatts trial: How do you feel about the suggestion you knew he was moving Becky? DD - 'It’s not me. I’ve got a heart.'

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial 27s28 seconds ago

court has broken for lunch

The court has heard how at 10.19pm on the night Becky’s body parts were moved Donovan received a text message from his brother Karl, saying: “he said he will give it to me tomorrow latest”.

Donovan tells the jury “that was the sale of my moped”, which he claims he was selling to a friend of Karl’s for £400.

He adds he hadn’t seen Nathan Matthews or Shauna Hoare in 2015 and didn’t have either of their phone numbers - or the number of co-defendant James Ireland.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/becky-watts-murder-trial-live-6765076

Claire Hayhurst ‏@clairehayhurst 57s58 seconds ago

Demetrius replied: "What's in there?" Says he would not be prepared to do it and did not do it.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest 58s59 seconds ago

#BeckyWatts trial: DD says it was to do with the sale of his moped, which one of KD’s friends was going to buy for £400.

Well isn't that convenient.
is there anyone on this case who is going to tell the truth?
I'm finding it very frustrating - admittedly I haven't followed the thread posts closely for a day or two

I'm finding it very frustrating - admittedly I haven't followed the thread posts closely for a day or two

I was thinking he came across as truthful lol He's the one i haven't seen anythign on, other than he was staying at KD's house at the time all this happened.

What makes you think he's not telling the truth? People do sell things!

OOh I never knew that. To me it would have meant little kid, though it's not a word used local to me(nowhere near Bristol). We'd say "little un" not kiddie.

But I've just looked it up under bristol slang and you're right kiddie=youth or teenager

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bristol/content/sop/brizzle/story.shtml

Never thought about the use of the word "kiddie", but it is a term my family use to refer to a male, usually aged between a teenager to mid twenties.
For example: My parents refer to "that Kiddie down the road" - they are talking about a neighbour who is a 23 year old father of 4 who's just been imprisoned for theft...

Des anyone know if Ireland and all the others involved knew that the missing Becky was Nathan's stepsister? Has it been explained somewhere?

Never thought about the use of the word "kiddie", but it is a term my family use to refer to a male, usually aged between a teenager to mid twenties.
For example: My parents refer to "that Kiddie down the road" - they are talking about a neighbour who is a 23 year old father of 4 who's just been imprisoned for theft...

We don't really have an equivalent to describe a teen or young man. Maybe youth I suppose but more likely just to say teenager or young bloke. I wonder if the judge and pros are aware of what "kiddie" means in Bristol. Before knowing the slang I'd have asumed the snapchat "is this the kiddies house" was asking if it was a little kids house, at a stretch Becky's house but I'd never have thought it could have meant NM's house.

It sounds like something an older person might use to describe someone younger - is that right? So JI might use it if he was talking about Becky. Would it be the kind of terminology that JI (23 year old) would use if he was referring to NM (28 year old) though?

Des anyone know if Ireland and all the others involved knew that the missing Becky was Nathan's stepsister? Has it been explained somewhere?

It hasn't been said that any of them knew it was his step sister I don't think. KD,JI or DD

ETA if you're translating , then that sentence is going to be really confusing so I'll change it to . We don't know... but JI says he didn't even know NM so unlikley he would know who NM's sister was.

We don't really have an equivalent to describe a teen or young man. Maybe youth I suppose but more likely just to say teenager or young bloke. I wonder if the judge and pros are aware of what "kiddie" means in Bristol. Before knowing the slang I'd have asumed the snapchat "is this the kiddies house" was asking if it was a little kids house, at a stretch Becky's house but I'd never have thought it could have meant NM's house.

Up here I suppose the equivalent would be lad. Even though it means boy you could say "he's a nice lad" about a young adult male.

All over the place today and struggling to keep on track. Aside from JI (who I am very disappointed in, though I still think he didn't know what was going on) and DD is anyone else expected to take the stand today?

'Lad' is used by many people. (I've found Irish people may use lad to describe a man of any age!)
Lass would be the female equivalent, but I'd say it's more commonly used in the north of the UK, whereas the use of lad is more widespread.

Snap, Cagney :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member