GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't understand why it has to have been a kidnap for SH to be convicted of murder. What if the kidnap plot was a complete fabrication, and NM tried it on with BW, or confronted her about something, there was an altercation, SH got involved and they both killed Becky? Is it because there's no evidence of that? But the texts about teenagers and the FB messages about Becky running the house show a possible reason for conflict between SH, NM and BW. I personally think that's what happened - spur of the moment killing but at the last minute they tacitly 'agreed' she must die.

E to correct spelling. Running the house, not ruining...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frustrating isn't it!

I was thinking, we don't actually know that the batteries NM bought that morning were for the stun gun. NM is up on an unrelated voyeurism charge, what if the battteries were for some kind of hidden camera devise he had already/was going to put in Becky's room? Either with or without SH's knowledge. He checks if she'll be in before hand, assumes she isn't when the doors locked, goes up to her room with/to retrieve the camera equipment and gets caught in the act by Becky, a fight ensues, SH hears the commotion and rushes upstairs to help NM, one of them puts their hand over her mouth to keep her from shouting and she dies. Handcuffs could then have been used in the dismemberment (as put forward by somebody before peviously, clipped to something like the pull up bar to elevate the body)

ETA just catching up and OMG my post is almost identical to tallmansix's theory. I would add it doesn't matter if she was wearing clothes on the day, if she found out he'd been or was planning to secretly film her in her room. I know there was a case previosuly where somebody had remotely accessed somebody's laptop in their room so that it was filming and relaying the images to them, Becky's tablet was found with the webcam ripped out, don't think NM is that computer savvy though

Heart West News ‏@HeartWestNews · 14s14 seconds ago
Judge reminds jury that it is for the prosecution to prove the defendants committed the crime #beckywatts

Marking my spot. Waiting for the verdict is going to be nerve wracking, the trial so far has been exhausting, and that's just as an outsider. I've not posted so much as its frustrated the heck out of me. I try and post but I'm so angry about this all I just can't string much together, it would turn into a tirade of expletives. Kudos to all you who have raised some very interesting points and kept Becky name in the spotlight here.

#JusticeForBecky :please:

Same! I'm mentally exhausted after going thru the case here daily. I do feel for the Jurors. But then I also hope they are privy to much more evidence than we are.
It's so frustrating it almost seems that hands are tied in the evidence given. You would of thought that with 1200 + pieces of evidence that there would be a water tight case. But it seems not. Even tho NM has admitted to killing poor sweet BW.
I just don't believe for one iota that SH knew nothing about it at all.
If she gets off I will eat my shoe. Or do something as disturbing. Like cleaning out the pond. .....

#justiceforBecky

Frustrating isn't it!

I was thinking, we don't actually know that the batteries NM bought that morning were for the stun gun. NM is up on an unrelated voyeurism charge, what if the battteries were for some kind of hidden camera devise he had already/was going to put in Becky's room? Either with or without SH's knowledge. He checks if she'll be in before hand, assumes she isn't when the doors locked, goes up to her room with/to retrieve the camera equipment and gets caught in the act by Becky, a fight ensues, SH hears the commotion and rushes upstairs to help NM, one of them puts their hand over her mouth to keep her from shouting and she dies. Handcuffs could then have been used in the dismemberment (as put forward by somebody before peviously, clipped to something like the pull up bar to elevate the body)

Hmmm IIRC the camera had been removed from Becky's tablet/laptop....

And there must be some reason this text was introduced into evidence

2.18pm SH texts that memory cards and PS4 stickers have arrived

Was just about to reply but see you have found it. Yep, that's all we have, just that fairly short summary and looks like we will only get a short summary today as well.

Re the Judge, yes he has an interesting history and very good reputation from the sounds of it....

IGNORE me Alyce!

With all the talk of when jury will be sent out ( yesterday) I had stupidly inferred the Judge was finished with his summing up. I am sure he will cover many helpful points with the jury.

(I have edited my previous posts to that effect , if the Judge could hear me he'd say" Calm down dearie I haven't finished yet" ;)

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest · 46s46 seconds ago
#BeckyWatts trial: Prosecution: NM would need help carrying out the plan because of his fibromyalgia. Couldn't hang out washing by himself.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest · 15s16 seconds ago
#BeckyWatts trial: Pros say it'd be too risky for NM to take SH to 18 Crown Hill (Becky's home) on 19/2 if she wasn't involved in plan.

UK & Eire database for all crimes against children
Shauna says she had no idea about the plan, and was no party to it. She is a person of good character.

BIB I think the Judge can read our minds. ( Well some of us at any rate )

"Nathan says his admission is the truth and he is of previous good character so can be relied on"

I was just going to comment on the same thing cottonweaver!

Good character? Yeah hmmm, NOT!

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest · 40s40 seconds ago
#BeckyWatts trial: NM - kidnapping texts were 'banter'

Another theory on the joint enterprise/kidnap conspiracy -

If NM had gone there with no kidnap plan and death had ensued, SH would still be charged with murder joint enterprise, unless she had reported him for the crime and hadn't helped to cover it up. ie/ she went there with a joint purpose to harm Becky.

Because NM has admitted kidnap leading to death, the state brought the charge of conspiracy to kidnap and murder against SH.

Possibly?
And this is why I think that SH spoke so badly of BW in her interviews, she was probably angry at BW for dying and ruining the plan.

interesting point made by a commenter on one of the other SMS, and mentioned on this thread before I am guessing

has the doctors diagnosis of his fibro been admitted as evidence? I didn't hear the Defence mention it....

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 19s20 seconds ago
NM says his admission is the truth and he is of previous good character so can be relied on. #beckywatts

Apart from the benefit fraud and working on the side that is!

interesting point made by a commenter on one of the other SMS, and mentioned on this thread before I am guessing

has the doctors diagnosis of his fibro been admitted as evidence? I didn't hear the Defence mention it....

Re Doctor not AFAIK - and yes it has been mentioned on here

Retribution confirmed that he was often tired/in pain if I am remembering their posts correctly.

What I have found interesting from the family's FB pages, is that there are a number of comments about SH and their belief she is guilty and involved from the start, and comments which refer to her as "it", and jokes about her extra-long cigarette............... but very little comment about NM. I don't know if that is because they don't want to make things even harder for Anjie, but the comments about SH and the truth coming out, suggest that those who know her, know a very different character than is coming out from her defence.

The Breeze SouthWest ‏@breezesouthwest · 2m2 minutes ago
#BeckyWatts trial: Judge is going through a timeline of events surrounding Becky's death

ITV Becky Trial ‏@ITVBeckyTrial · 19s20 seconds ago
NM says his admission is the truth and he is of previous good character so can be relied on. #beckywatts

As long as you discount fraud. bullying a minor.. just to name a couple.

Hmmm IIRC the camera had been removed from Becky's tablet/laptop....

And there must be some reason this text was introduced into evidence

2.18pm SH texts that memory cards and PS4 stickers have arrived

I just edited to add that also it's possible to remotely access a laptop etc and change it so that the camera part films and relays images to somebody but I don't think NM is computer savvy enough.

Retribution confirmed that he was often tired/in pain if I am remembering their posts correctly.

What I have found interesting from the family's FB pages, is that there are a number of comments about SH and their belief she is guilty and involved from the start, and comments which refer to her as "it", and jokes about her extra-long cigarette............... but very little comment about NM. I don't know if that is because they don't want to make things even harder for Anjie, but the comments about SH and the truth coming out, suggest that those who know her, know a very different character than is coming out from her defence.

Probably because he at least has admitted to involvement whereas she is still claiming to have neither heard, seen or suspected anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member