GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Becky's family probably suspected straight away who was involved. Especially as SH and NM did not participate in the searches (they were too busy with the cover up).

Becky's friend would probably have told police and possibly the family that Becky told her how NM said he would kill her. Becky was alone in the house with NM and SH, when she "disappeared" so how much of a stretch would it take to figure out who was responsible.

I don't like the direction this is taking with Becky's father painting her as rude and disrespectful to his wife. Whose side is he on? Becky did not deserve to be killed in her own house, by his step-son.

A threesome, just regular sex?
I must have led a sheltered life as I wouldn't agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Whilst I'm the same and wouldn't agree, I do have friends who would engage in that sort of thing regularly as part of their normal sex life. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Becky's family probably suspected straight away who was involved. Especially as SH and NM did not participate in the searches (they were too busy with the cover up).

Becky's friend would probably have told police and possibly the family that Becky told her how NM said he would kill her. Becky was alone in the house with NM and SH, when she "disappeared" so how much of a stretch would it take to figure out who was responsible.

I don't like the direction this is taking with Becky's father painting her as rude and disrespectful to his wife. Whose side is he on? Becky did not deserve to be killed in her own house, by his step-son.

When I saw the original appeal from DG I thought it stood out a mile that he knew who was responsible, and that it was devastating for his family.

As for his description of BW's behaviour, it's not a question of taking sides. He is supposed to tell the truth. No one is suggesting she deserved to be killed, but it may help to explain motive.

Whilst I'm the same and wouldn't agree, I do have friends who would engage in that sort of thing regularly as part of their normal sex life. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

I bet those couples would hate to be described as "normal" though lol

Thinking about it I'm not sure they have enough to find either of them guilty of "conspiracy to kidnap" in relation to Becky . As somebody else pointed out lack of evidence to prove that they conspired to kidnap her together could be due to the fact that they were together most of the time, before, during and after the "kidnap" so could have spoken openly about it in person to each other rather than leaving any traces on mobiles. Still... I don't think theres enough to convict them on that.

There is the ordering of stun guns in SH's name - two stun guns. I would like to hear an explanation as to why those were purchased. And why use a different name to the one SH usually goes by, regardless as to who purchased them.

There is the ordering of stun guns in SH's name - two stun guns. I would like to hear an explanation as to why those were purchased. And why use a different name to the one SH usually goes by, regardless as to who purchased them.

Theyve got the stun guns and the texts about schoolgirls and attics but nothing specific about kidnapping Becky.

That on its own is so strange. So many things don't add up (yet), but that almost above everything. IMO

When I saw the original appeal from DG I thought it stood out a mile that he knew who was responsible, and that it was devastating for his family.

As for his description of BW's behaviour, it's not a question of taking sides. He is supposed to tell the truth. No one is suggesting she deserved to be killed, but it may help to explain motive.
I think it's a very odd thing to say. A grieving father taking pot shots at his daughter by saying she was rude and disrespectful. Earlier on, he was saying she was anxious and shy. Now he seems to have changed his tune.

Theyve got the stun guns and the texts about schoolgirls and attics but nothing specific about kidnapping Becky.

Only checking if she was going to be home that day. Its all very flimsy, isn't it. I wonder if they did actually return the cake tin which was the excuse they gave for going round the house that day.

I bet those couples would hate to be described as "normal" though lol

That's true!

Regarding Darren's comments about Becky, that could just be a very small snippet from his statement. He could have talked about her being a normal teenager for most of it and how he loved her dearly, but the only relevant bit to the case right now is how she treated Anjie, because it gives NM a suggested motive for murder rather than helping his defense that it was manslaughter.

Poor Becky. Its a shame these quotes have to come out now, because its adding weight to NM's justification for hurting her, and as she isn't here to defend herself, we don't know what the reasons were behind her attitude.

However, from the outside, she lived in a house which was pretty scruffy and unkempt- which may have caused embarrassment, she didn't live with her mum for whatever reason, she had to put up with NM and SH, who clearly didn't like her, coming round for hours at a time, she'd had mental health issues (anorexia) and NM graphically describing how he'd kill her. I can see why she would take things out on Anjie, seeing as it was her son who was making life a misery for Becky. If SH is to be believed and NM is controlling, violent and scary, then Becky could hardly have it out with him.

I think poor Becky had a pretty miserable time in that home :(

I understand what you're saying but it also shows a clearer Motive, which is crucial for the Murder Charge. IMO

Hoare claimed she had no knowledge of stun devices in their home.

I think that would terrify me more than anything to think that Nathan, with the way he could be, had something like that.
– SHAUNA HOARE
http://www.itv.com/news/west/story/2015-10-26/becky-watts-trial-day-13/

Yet they were ordered in her name (the name she was using on facebook at the time) , and more than likely addressed to her and weren't hidden away.

I think it's a very odd thing to say. A grieving father taking pot shots at his daughter by saying she was rude and disrespectful. Earlier on, he was saying she was anxious and shy. Now he seems to have changed his tune.

I think she was both. I don't see it as pot shots, just being honest about past events, like asking her to leave (which SH had brought up in her interview)

I've missed your posts! Hopefully the catty-ness seems to have stopped. It is a shame when it happens as we ALL have a right to state our own views whether they are weird, bizarre or spot-on. That's what makes it good, the more who take part the more possibilities arise IMO.
Do you mean charges relating to SH? I was thinking similar but I wonder if the Pro's go for as many as they can get in and hope for the best outcome. I think this was such an emotive case with huge Public outpouring so maybe they didn't want to risk anyone getting away?
I was just thinking, now we've heard most of the facts it's not as I thought. Not making light in anyway. I felt that SH was veering towards Not Guilty earlier today and still think that will be the likely outcome BUT, I just CANNOT believe that she knew 'NOTHING'. I would have more sympathy for her If she had said she had a feeling but wasn't sure or too scared to ask. But she blatantly lies about parts of it.......Who knows, I'll probably change my mind again tomorrow!:thinking:

:loveyou: GET WELL & COME BACK RETRIBUTION I'D LOVE TO HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS
Thanks Insp.dots, a few days lurking and I feel ready to come back. I've been in a few threads where it's descended into ridiculous depths - normally mods are pretty on the ball but they've been quiet stepping in here. Hey ho.

Yes aside from NM I think the cases against SH/JI and DD are very flimsy. I have known in the past the CPS to allow lesser charges to be added to a charge sheet but I've never known it in a murder case normally it's in lesser trials. It's perplexed me that the Murder charge was added later - there must have been something that led the CPS to believe they could secure a conviction for that charge...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

A threesome, just regular sex?
I must have led a sheltered life as I wouldn't agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Each to their own - it's more acceptable in my generation than my parents and even my older sister..

So what is "anxiously attached to AG" meant to mean?

I think she was both. I don't see it as pot shots, just being honest about past events, like asking her to leave (which SH had brought up in her interview)

You are probably right, but Becky is not here to defend herself. We don't know what actually took place in that house and what was said and why.

I know it's an emotional response, but I would just like to see Darren honour his daughter's memory.

Yet they were ordered in her name (the name she was using on facebook at the time) , and more than likely addressed to her and weren't hidden away.
And weren't they also on the table in plain sight?

I think Darren's statement has been taken from a more lengthy description of becky as a whole. Was there any problems within the home? What was the relationship between BW and AG like most of the time. No point in him lying, if it aids in finding his daughter or finding whom was responsible for her disappearance. Depending on when this was said to the police.

I think this goes to show we are not getting a clear picture of what has been said, and in what context.

You are probably right, but Becky is not here to defend herself. We don't know what actually took place in that house and what was said and why.

I know it's an emotional response, but I would just like to see Darren honour his daughter's memory.

He has done since and hopefully will get to say a few words again, but at one point remember he was talking to police too. They would have had to rule out all family members involvement and if SH had told police that Becky's dad had thrown her out of the house previously for her behaviour, police would want to clarify what had happened there and the reasons for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025