Found Deceased UK - Reginald Rees, 98, last seen driving car in Crofty near Swansea, 14 Aug 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Normal Norm

Reaction score
South Wales Police Swansea and Neath Port Talbot are appealing for help in finding Reginald Rees, aged 98, who has been reported as missing by his family.

1723799189372.png1723799172897.png

He was last seen on Wednesday, 14 Aug 2024 just before 8.35am in Pencaerfenni Park, Crofty in Swansea. He was driving a red Renault Captur with number plate Y44REG.

He was last seen wearing light brown or cream trousers; a striped light purple shirt; light green body warmer and brown Velcro shoes. He may or not be wearing his glasses.

South Wales Police Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Facebook page (appeal)
South Wales Police Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Facebook homepage

There has been a very worrying update in the search for Reg:

Officers searching for missing 98-year-old Reginald Rees, from Crofty, Swansea, have located a vehicle matching the description of Mr. Rees’s car off the coast at Rhossili Bay.

Mr. Rees’s family have been informed and are being supported by specially-trained officers.

A search and recovery operation is continuing at the scene.

South Wales Police Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Facebook page (update)
South Wales Police Swansea and Neath Port Talbot Facebook homepage

There is sad news coming through about Reg.

South Wales Police Swansea and Neath Port Talbot have announced that officers searching for the missing 98-year-old recovered a body at Rhossili Bay at the weekend. Although formal identification has yet to take place, Reg’s family has been informed.

There is sad news coming through about Reg.

South Wales Police Swansea and Neath Port Talbot have announced that officers searching for the missing 98-year-old recovered a body at Rhossili Bay at the weekend. Although formal identification has yet to take place, Reg’s family has been informed.

Oh no. I always hate it when someone who is missing has their death confirmed.
At least his family have some closure now, and I hope the post-mortem investigation results can provide some clues as to what happened.
RIP.

The body of a 98-year-old man who went missing in Swansea was found inside his car in the sea, an inquest opening has heard.

(...)

A post-mortem showed he had multiple injuries following a road traffic collision.

Coroner Aled Gruffydd heard there were no suspicious circumstances surrounding the death and the inquest has been adjourned until February.

Terrible. 98 is quite old to still be driving. Plus I believe they were unsure whether or not he had his glasses. I wonder if it was some kind of emergency that he felt the need to have to drive. So many missing people with their cars are, I believe, accidents. Sometimes they are found but many times the water never gives up its secrets. Look how many missing have been found by independent searchers scanning lakes and other bodies of water.

This poor family at least has some kind of closure in that he was found.

Speculation and MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back