Found Deceased UK - Richard Okorogheye, 19, Oxford Student, Ladbroke Grove, West London, 24 Mar 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't let me quote again for some reason, but just wanted to say @sleuthyheywood7, oh I agree, it must be horrific and no one can say how they would react, but I just had a gut feeling.

It's been playing on my mind so much, I have considered the County lines thing loads.

I was a teacher in inner city secondary school for 13 years and have 1st hand experience of CL. To me he just doesn't quite fit the demographic

Yep I get you, just wanted to mention it on the thread in general as I was actually listening to a podcast the other night that spoke about how people's reactions, particularly in public situations such as is the case with RO, can be heavily misinterpreted if they don't correspond with what society considers the "normal" response to the situation in question. It basically gave lots of examples of cases in which people had been wrongly accused (particularly in terms of public/media assumptions of guilt) due to reactions/persona's that weren't considered 'enough' of something. If that makes sense!! Also in cases like these I presume the police will always look into the immediate family due to the statistical likelihood of abductions/other crimes (not saying this is an abduction or crime, we obviously don't know that yet) being committed by close family. JMO

Also just in regards to his mother's persona in interviews - it was stated in the MSM that she had been told to 'calm down' by the police when she first reported the disappearance, and that she was worried due to her English she wouldn't be/wasn't taken seriously. She may be trying to keep a calm persona in interviews since for precisely these reasons. JMO

Suicides in the UK - Office for National Statistics

Hanging accounts for about 60% of male suicides in the UK, poisioning 18%, jumping infront of a moving object 4%, fall 3.5%, drowning 3.8%, sharp object 3.5%, other 8%. I guess he could be the exception to the rule, but I generally agree with you that the idea of him stumbling around a forest he doesn't know looking for a body of water in the dark seems a bit.. odd. If he can swim, killing himself by drowning in a non flowing body of water I'd expect would be challenging if the water temperature doesn't have a huge effect. The drowning reflex is quite strong (try holding your breathe for as long as you can underwater..) and he's apparently a strong guy so unless he's dosed himself up with something beforehand I don't see how he'd do it.

Hanging is the largest figure for male suicides but it's roundabout 30% (NCA). There's another interesting point which is something like 99% of suicidal people who die outdoors - in woods/parks etc. - have a previous link to that outdoor area. As high as 99%. That's according to some professional guidelines on finding missing people.

ADMIN NOTE:

There has been a massive cleanup required in this thread.

Every single member who joins this site has agreed to abide by Websleuths Terms of Service (aka The Rules). One of our most basic rules is that until/unless a person is a Verified Insider, they are not allowed to state information as fact without providing MSM links to support what they claim as fact. If you see any member posting information as fact and it is NOT supported by any MSM or they are not a Verified case insider, it is considered rumor. Please Report those posts immediately and do NOT respond to them.

Websleuths is fact based. Rumors are not allowed. Unless you are a Verified professional or case insider, all information stated as fact must be supported by a link to an approved source. No link, no post !!

Social media links and discussion are not allowed (unless the account belongs to a victim, MSM, LE, or an officially named POI/suspect). All other social media accounts and comments are off limits.

Public sleuthing of anyone other than a victim (i.e. missing person) or an officially named POI/suspect is not allowed. This includes family members.

If you have a tip, contact LE with the information. Do not post it on a public website.

If you have questions about these rules, do not ask them on the thread. Please private message a Mod or Admin and we will try to clarify.

This thread will reopen later today.

The full text of the EEF statement:

Everything Epping Forest can report a significant police presence in Epping Forest, between the Wake Arms and Robin Hood roundabouts, on Epping New Road.
Essex Police forensics are among the officers on the scene.
A large area in the forest has been taped off.
Plain clothed police officers are moving drivers on if they try and park on the roadside.
Several police vehicles are also in the forest car park near the Wake Arms roundabout with members of the public being prevented from driving into the car park by City of London Corporation Forest Constables.
Everything Epping Forest was alerted to the police presence shortly after 3pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member