UK - Sabina Nessa, 28, found murdered in park, SE London, 18 Sep 2021 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the picture of him not be enhanced any better by the Met?

What I see:

Balding but with a tuft in front, and not bare headed bald
Beard looks slightly reddish, but could be the lighting
Black barn jacket/shacket type shirt over another shirt with a collar, worn open with a black tee shirt
What's on his pants leg? Is it paint/plastering material? Some type of logo or patch?
What type shoes? I want to see his shoes because they can tell you a lot.

If - big if IMO - it was a can of Coke, it would be incredibly easy to dispose of untraceably. Toss it in the nearest recycling bin after drinking the contents, bins emptied the next day and contents taken for processing.

I'm horribly reminded of the Roald Dahl short story where the murder weapon is a frozen leg of lamb, which the perpetrator then cooks and serves to thr investigating officers.

I'm not quite up to date in the thread but the red reflective thing could maybe be a bike chain type lock with a reflective cover. Those can be weighty.

This type of lock is another possibility though not so flexible. Would easily stuff up a sleeve tho.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Unrelatedly I'm catching up on all of this after adding 45 minutes to my journey home so it involves no walking at all. I'm in my mid thirties and I can't remember a time when I wasn't running these mental calculations - the same ones SN no doubt ran every time she went out - every time I left home after dark. So weary of it.

Another (horrible; apologies) possibility - if you were compressing a victim's neck having something solid to press on, like a full drinks can, would speed things up I'd have thought.

Freezing them isn't really possible in my experience - I've tried chilling cans of Coke in the freezer and had them explode.

Sabina cops 'search building site for murder weapon' & appeal for dashcam

A worker told The Telegraph the building site being searched was a “warren of open drains, piping and stacked up building materials.

On Friday, police with sticks combed the area around security fencing and a wall close to the construction site, which the suspect may have climbed over.

CCTV footage not yet released by police reportedly shows Sabina's attacker hit her over the head with an object before carrying her over his shoulder towards the park where her body was found.

Sabina cops 'search building site for murder weapon' & appeal for dashcam

A worker told The Telegraph the building site being searched was a “warren of open drains, piping and stacked up building materials.

On Friday, police with sticks combed the area around security fencing and a wall close to the construction site, which the suspect may have climbed over.

CCTV footage not yet released by police reportedly shows Sabina's attacker hit her over the head with an object before carrying her over his shoulder towards the park where her body was found.

Thanks for this. So it seems the CCTV is after the attack and the other report was mistaken. Makes more sense.

To me whatever he’s holding doesn’t look solid enough to be a murder weapon in terms of hitting SN with it?

I wonder if the construction site mentions imply he worked there? There would be a lot of subcontractors on a site like that - and probably some who aren’t documented and maybe work cash in hand? So would take longer to identify?

Comparing to someone like Wayne Couzens or Levi Bellfield i.e. stranger murder, you could have a similar modus operandi of leaving work and then roaming around for hours looking for a suitable victim.

“Murder detectives believe they have identified the man in the footage and were urgently trying to find him.”

Detectives say Sabina Nessa might have been bludgeoned to death with a drinks can | Daily Mail Online

Could be a crushed up can I suppose, though it really doesn't look like it. Doesn't bear thinking about does it and possibly the most baffling development yet in a baffling case. That they think they've identified him is a great relief though and hopefully an arrest in imminent and we can wake up to some good news tomorrow.

Could be a crushed up can I suppose, though it really doesn't look like it. Doesn't bear thinking about does it and possibly the most baffling development yet in a baffling case. That they think they've identified him is a great relief though and hopefully an arrest in imminent and we can wake up to some good news tomorrow.
Yes, good job by Police.

The can thing has been buzzing round my brain as sounding a little crazy, then I remembered these exist. Stash cans for hiding whatever. Could fill it with rocks or builder's sand or something,tip it out after and just put in a bin.
61v9moL3LwL._AC_SS450_.jpg

That's an odd way to hold a can of Coke, with two hands?

It would be an odd way to hold anything that size with two hands though. If it was a piece of fabric why use two hands?

It's not a can of coke either at this point, its a thin piece of flattened and sprayed red aluminium. May well be something else but it really matches the colour and is in keeping with the reports IMO

The can thing has been buzzing round my brain as sounding a little crazy, then I remembered these exist. Stash cans for hiding whatever. Could fill it with rocks or builder's sand or something,tip it out after and just put in a bin.
61v9moL3LwL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Yes! We used to have one as kids, but I don't remember what we used it for. ...Fill it with something heavy like coins and you've got an innocent looking weapon.

Yep. Not impossible but seems wildly impractical and would probably take a long time to incapacitate someone with it, unless it’s frozen or something.

I think the source may have been describing the relative shape and size and in true Mail fashion they’ve run with it as a “omg drinks can” headline because they’ve little else to add to their earlier content.

“A police source said officers believed the red item was an ‘object like a drinks can’.”

The word ‘like’ is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

I would not trust the Daily Mail as the reporting is so badly worded at times. The one thing is it is a metal object. As we can rule out knives the best we can say is it is rounded and heavy enough to kill a person. I just cannot see a can of cola filled with rocks being used

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member