Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The masking tape reminds me of Fred and Rose West.

To an extent, yes, though they used brown parcel tape which is much stronger and wider. At least one of their victims was buried with her head completely wrapped in it. Even her nose and mouth were covered with holes poked through and straws inserted so she could breath.e

I don't think the tape was to keep him from seeing her face. I think he was planning to take her alive to another location, probably his empty grandmother's house, until which time he got what he wanted, money or whatever, a promise to do as he wanted, anything. He used the tape so she wouldn't see where he was taking her, could have knocked her out and the tape was for if she woke up. Maybe he didn't mean to actually kill her, she suffocated some way, all this is just conjecture of course, but it's hard for me to believe she had any type of relationship with this man. According to an insider, the family didn't like M.S. the Peake family, but adored S.E. I think she probably had the same opinion of him as they did.

I don't think the tape was to keep him from seeing her face. I think he was planning to take her alive to another location, probably his empty grandmother's house, until which time he got what he wanted, money or whatever, a promise to do as he wanted, anything. He used the tape so she wouldn't see where he was taking her, could have knocked her out and the tape was for if she woke up. Maybe he didn't mean to actually kill her, she suffocated some way, all this is just conjecture of course, but it's hard for me to believe she had any type of relationship with this man. According to an insider, the family didn't like M.S. the Peake family, but adored S.E. I think she probably had the same opinion of him as they did.

A bit risky to use g/mother house, given its location -plus other family members had keys, so could have come in at any time, particularly if they saw his van on the driveway.

I agree re the relationship - I dont think SE would have been remotely interested in him.

If he's the kind of man who would kidnap and threaten I can't imagine be has many fans, what a shame she crossed his path

Just posting a big

viannen_01.gif

to all the new/newish posters who have joined on this thread - always good to have plenty of opinions and theories.

Last edited:
Late to the thread as I was awaiting admin approval.

I live around 1 mile from the location where Samantha was found. A few posters have asked if the quarry 4x4 rally would have gone ahead on Sunday 29th July - it likely did given that the Police didn’t close the lane off until Saturday. Allegedly they were there since Thursday 2nd Aug - quite a number of Police came past our property on 3rd Aug with lights but no sirens. The helicopter was also out around the area.

The lane itself is single track, very over grown with a number of ditches. I would assume MS knew of the place as it’s not known all too well locally - there are many other woodland places better known that he could have taken her to.

I am unsure if it was here or somewhere else but I have read that the father may own/have connections to the quarry.

I am thinking kidnap gone wrong, I have a feeling that he has tried to scare her and its gone horribly wrong. At this point we don't know much about his character, but he is a family man with a small child. Obviously I don't know him, but he just doesn't seem like a cold blooded killer. The whole scenario doesn't seem like its been thought out well.

I'm totally leaning this way as well. Nothing so far to suggest he was a dubious character. Neighbours shocked etc. And the whole thing is so bungled it smacks of an amateur who suddently found himself totally out of his depth. I think he was trying to scare her not kill her and panicked when something went wrong. Maybe he taped up her eyes because he didn't want her to know it was him?? Tried to do it while she was sleeping. IDK, anything's possible.

This latest info is awful. She could of possibly still been alive when transported hence the masking tape. wrapping her in a duvet cover would be enough to cover her face I would imagine if .

I agree, the duvet would have covered her face, so the tape was used for another reason I think -
The tape could've been used immediately after he'd killed her to cover her eyes/face so he didn't have to look at what he'd done, particularly if it was strangulation. The quilt was most likely used later when he needed to move her body.

This clears up affair in my mind then maybe he was infatuated with SE or she knew he was having an affair. I saw a news article which suggested he had alot of pictures on his FB of SE before he took it down.

I'm leaning towards kidnap gone wrong. I think what you have said about the Peake family, the fact he joined JP on door enquiries, let it go on for so long and him possibly still not confessing shows what type of person he is.

I am new, but read everyone's comments with interest as it's such a weird case. I am a single woman, and have been surprised (should be flattered but no I'm not), at builders etc, who have decided that because I'm single, I would want their attentions. They've been very mistaken and it's been very embarrassing for me and for them. Imagine how that would be for someone like MS, who is a friend and married, and what we don't know is, he may be narcissistic and obsessive and not take rejection.

So Here is my theory:

That after Samantha's relationship breakup with John Peake, Michael Stirling became infatuated/obsessed with the thought of Samantha living as a single woman alone. And perhaps even fantasising and delusional that she is now single because she has an interest in him.

Taking the theory further, Samantha would inadvertently have given him reason to think she felt something for him by getting him around to build the summer house, which was simply a genuine job she innocently asked someone she knew to help her with. Stirling then sees her everyday and continues to build a fantasy in his head that she has feelings for him. At some point, he tries to make a pass and declare his interest/passion. (This has happened to me with builders. Very embarrassing and awkward forever after.) She will have been surprised and rejected him outright - he's her ex s-i-l's husband. And no doubt, she also has issues with the summerhouse project as well and rejects that also.

Together, she may have rejected Stirling as a man and rejected his work, and probably not wanted to pay him either. He may be worried she'll tell his wife. These combined to make him threaten her - saying she led him on etc. Getting him around to build the summerhouse, being friendly etc. His rejection has festered into hatred. Resulting in him going to her house to await her return from work and confront her, demand payment maybe, at which point he's also attacked her in a rage and/or abducted her after first injuring her.

My 2p worth.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82