Found Deceased UK - Samantha Eastwood, 28, Stoke-on-Trent, 27 July 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SE was a female who lived alone - this made her potentially vulnerable. It is not unusual for teenagers to go off grid and later return home sheepishly, hence why police are reluctant to act too soon without evidence of real risk. Her circumstances, when added to urgent concerns expressed by colleagues, friends and family due to evidence presented would lead police to view SE as High Risk.
I hear you. But still - 20 minutes??

yes maybe she had already logged his threats with the police, hence they knew who to look for.

And his poor carpentry skills with Trading Standards? That would make a workman very angry. I know it has been assumed that he might have been demanding payment from SE for work completed which she may have been withholding...but perhaps SE had already paid him up front and was demanding he compensate HER for the shoddy workmanship which would have to be put right.

None of which excuses MS in any shape or form. I also believe the theory that he had developed a crush on SE in her newly single status and completely misread her initially friendly signals. The top 3 motives for murder are apparently money, sex and revenge. I think this case has all 3 elements.

Its my guess that SE had refused to pay for the shed until it was finished/ re-built MS threatens "pay up or else" possibly adding a deadline. SE tells colleague "MS has given 24/48 hours to pay him so if Im not here Friday night ect "
When SE fails to show up at work, colleague reports to LE who immediately establish TS is deffo missing and without anything concrete to go on, LE arrest MS on suspicion of kidnapping as his threat included a demand for money. MS's initial threat was just to scare TS enough to pay up so he goes round when dead line is up expecting TS to hand over the money but TS refuses tempers flare the situation escalates until he snaps. Afterwards he covers her face so he doesn't have to see what he's done. Deciding he needs to move the body away from the house (in case he was seen going in) he gets the quilt to move the body to car/van drive to chalk pit and bury. MOO

Seriously - do you think the Police in the UK have either the ability to detect, or the foresight to think "hmm let's think of a strategy to mitigate our *advertiser censored* ups if we get it wrong?"

Have you heard of Gaia Pope - it's very recent?

Young girl (i.e. teenager) with mental health and other health problems, who was in love with a particular place - went missing.

Instead of looking for her there, the idiots in the UK police decided to ignore the fact that they were TOLD the timing on the CCTV footage were out by 1 hour (due to daylight saving time), and concluded that she must have been murdered by an 80 (or however year old) woman who needed to be permanently hooked up to an oxygen tank just to stay alive.

Yes, that is the state of the UK police force, and why anything that comes out of their idiotic mouths is exactly what it means word for word.

Yes I am familiar with the GP case and I take your point about teenagers with MH difficulties who would normally be identified as High Risk and receive a priority response. Somebody messed up badly.
Are you familiar with the Joanna Yeates case? Chris Jefferies won a huge libel case against 8 national newspapers for sullying his name and reputation; also against Avon and Somerset Police who had announced he had been arrested on suspicion of murder, detained and subsequently released him, but failed to notify the public who continued to view CJ as a pariah due to his vilification in the media.
It is probably fair to say UK police are renowned for their political correctness IMO so it is absolutely fair to also assume that they are extremely mindful of the heightened media interest in the SE case and their own conduct in how they manage suspects. After all, if they get it wrong, the murderer may escape the full weight of the law which we would all wish to see upheld in this tragic case.

I know a lot of people think the shed is too trivial to murder someone over, but people have been killed for a lot less. No matter what you think of the quality of the work, it was still a lot of work. If they hadn't had a falling out about it, I think it would have been finished, as it clearly is not. I would say for some reason she was not happy with the work and was refusing to pay. I think he went there on the day before his holiday to try to collect the money and when she wouldn't comply, he lost it. He may have really needed it. She doesn't seem the type of person who would have become involved with this guy romantically. I was sure it was something more at first but my gut is saying this is what happened. We'll see, but usually when I have these gut feelings about a case, they're usually right on the money.

MS was self employed, we do not know how financially stable he was. He was leaving for a family holiday, so it is likely that he would need access to money to cover these costs. He may have been on the brink financially, and perhaps the fact that SE was supposed to be a friend/almost family and she was refusing to pay up (for substandard work) may have pushed his buttons. He may have felt validated in his anger towards her and perhaps even apportioned some of the blame for his financial predicament onto her because she wouldn't pay him 'what she owed him'.

As a medical professional she perhaps saw the warning signs if he had indeed made threats, and confided in friends, but again unfortunately, she may have trusted that their 'friendship' would prevent him from following through on them.

It is such a sad case, three families devastated, for a summer house.

Chris Jefferies won a huge libel case against 8 national newspapers for sullying his name and reputation; also against Avon and Somerset Police who had announced he had been arrested on suspicion of murder, detained and subsequently released him, but failed to notify the public who continued to view CJ as a pariah due to his vilification in the media.

CJ was not successful in suing the police. They did nothing wrong: they had every right and reason to arrest him as a suspect, and they did not name him publicly.
It was the media who were entirely at fault here, and he certainly won considerable damages against several newspapers.
Unfortunately the media seemed to have learned little from this disgraceful episode, and continue to name people arrested before they are charged.

And his poor carpentry skills with Trading Standards? That would make a workman very angry. I know it has been assumed that he might have been demanding payment from SE for work completed which she may have been withholding...but perhaps SE had already paid him up front and was demanding he compensate HER for the shoddy workmanship which would have to be put right.

None of which excuses MS in any shape or form. I also believe the theory that he had developed a crush on SE in her newly single status and completely misread her initially friendly signals. The top 3 motives for murder are apparently money, sex and revenge. I think this case has all 3 elements.
I’m sorry , I know it’s not the kind of thread to laugh on but the trading standards made me lol . I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with the rest of what you said though, no pun intended!

I can't give you a link, it was a friend of JP's. I also think that he was a suspect the day he went with JP searching. I think he was a suspect from the get go.

So do you know this friend personally? It's always interesting to hear from someone with links to the people involved. Has he told you anything else about MS?

So do you know this friend personally? It's always interesting to hear from someone with links to the people involved. Has he told you anything else about MS?
Not well but I know he's friends with him and that's all he said, was that JP didn't like MS, the only one who did was KS. And are we sure MS really went on vacation? The only thing I can remember reading is that the neighbors thought he was going on holiday because of the box on top of the car.

CJ was not successful in suing the police. They did nothing wrong: they had every right and reason to arrest him as a suspect, and they did not name him publicly. The police were extremely naive. They allowed the media to take over the road so people couldn't go about their business. They should have managed it differently and eventually the Chief Constable gave a public apology to CJ for not making it clear sooner that he was innocent.
It was the media who were entirely at fault here, and he certainly won considerable damages against several newspapers. Yes I have already mentioned this in my post.
Unfortunately the media seemed to have learned little from this disgraceful episode, and continue to name people arrested before they are charged. True. /QUOTE]
Anyway the main thrust of my comment was that some police forces might be more mindful of these types of high profile cases and be more inclined to choose 'kidnap' over 'murder' in the absence of sufficient evidence including, at the time, SE's body.

Last edited:
Not well but I know he's friends with him and that's all he said, was that JP didn't like MS, the only one who did was KS. And are we sure MS really went on vacation? The only thing I can remember reading is that the neighbors thought he was going on holiday because of the box on top of the car.

It says in a newspaper they left to go on holiday but like you've said it's only reported by neighbours maybe MS just wanted Ks away from the house incase the police came and suggested going out.

I really feel for JP and KS they must be heartbroken over this tragic event. I hope with time they can move on to lead a happy life. I also feel the media is totally out of order for printing their pictures. They are innocent victims in this and should of been protected.

Last edited:
I hear you. But still - 20 minutes??
Yes it's incredible isn't it! Of course we don't know the nature of his threats, whether she had already alerted the police and, as someone else suggested, whether MS was already known to the police.

are we sure MS really went on vacation? The only thing I can remember reading is that the neighbors thought he was going on holiday because of the box on top of the car.

It says in a newspaper they left to go on holiday but like you've said it's only reported by neighbours maybe MS just wanted Ks away from the house incase the police came and suggested going out.

Yes, I've wondered about the "holiday" - whether the neighbour knew for a fact that they were going away, or if it was just an assumption.

I also feel the media is totally out of order for printing their pictures. They are innocent victims in this and should of been protected.

Like I said a few posts above, the gutter press learned absolutely nothing from the Chris Jefferies debacle. Callous and thoughtless behaviour.

I am thinking kidnap gone wrong, I have a feeling that he has tried to scare her and its gone horribly wrong. At this point we don't know much about his character, but he is a family man with a small child. Obviously I don't know him, but he just doesn't seem like a cold blooded killer. The whole scenario doesn't seem like its been thought out well.

We know he threatened her, but no one has confirmed these were "death threats" maybe hes threatened to harm her over the issue, he's turned up at her house to scare her, hes tied her up and lead her away somewhere and she has suffocated to death. In a panic he has then called his father and friend and they have come and helped dispose of the body in the quarry. I wonder if he has confessed to someone? Maybe Katie? and thats how they pinned him down so fast and also knew it was kidnap?

This is in no way defending the actions here BTW, But just some food for thought. Maybe this guy began with the threats and bitten off alot more than he could chew.

BBM

We thought that Nathan Matthrws, who killed Becky Watts was a 'normal family man' until the evidence came out at trial & afterwards ...

My nanna used say, no one knows what goes on behind closed doors and my goodness, that's true!

It never fails to amaze me when people think they can judge character by a still photograph or two.
I remember someone insisting the police must have arrested the wrong man for the April Jones murder because he had "a kind face". :rolleyes:

Yes, I've wondered about the "holiday" - whether the neighbour knew for a fact that they were going away, or if it was just an assumption.

Like I said a few posts above, the gutter press learned absolutely nothing from the Chris Jefferies debacle. Callous and thoughtless behaviour.
I've only been able to find this about the holiday "82-year-old Doreen Nixon, said Mr and Mrs Stirling went on holiday 'on Friday'." I'm sure I read of another stating that the box was put on the car Thursday and thought they were going on holiday. I don't see how they would have had time to go anywhere. Friday was the day she disappeared and police were seeking cctv footage from between 9 and 11 near the grandmother's house, Saturday he was searching with JP, and Sunday he was arrested for kidnap. Where in that time could they have went on holiday?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaniMiranda82
Back