GUILTY UK - Samantha Ford charged with murder of her twins children, Margate, 27 Dec 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Mrs Marple

Reaction score
Redirect Notice

Odd case whereby a crash was reported in the media. It transpired there were two twin babies left in house in Margate, who subsequently died.

The mother had moved there three weeks ago from another area, it is not known if the father was also living there. Photo from Twitter in the article 5 days ago. The children were found on Boxing Day morning. Poor babies.

Kent Police (UK) on Twitter

A woman has been charged with the murder of two children in #Margate. Read more here - Woman charged with the murder of two children in Margate
upload_2018-12-29_5-37-59.jpeg

Policing news
Woman charged with the murder of two children in Margate
28 DEC 2018
scd-5-6.jpg

Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate have charged a woman with murder following the deaths of two children in Margate.

At around 3.35am on Thursday 27 December 2018 officers attended a property in Castle Drive, Margate due to concerns for the welfare of the occupants. The South East Coast Ambulance Service also attended and two young children were taken to hospital, where they were later confirmed deceased.

Samantha Ford, aged 37 and of Castle Drive, Margate was arrested and on 28 December, following authorisation from the Crown Prosecution Service, was charged with two counts of murder.

She has been remanded in custody to appear before Canterbury Magistrates’ Court on Saturday 29 December 2018.

Updated at 6.49pm on 28 December 2018.

Mum Samantha Ford charged with murder over deaths of 23-month-old twins in Margate

COPS have charged a mother with murdering her 23-month-old twin babies before crashing her car into a lorry.

Samantha Ford, 37, was charged with killing the tots after officers went to a house in Margate, Kent, and discovered the dying toddlers early yesterday morning.

[
...]

Medics battled to save the children – named as Jake and Chloe – but they were pronounced dead shortly after arriving at hospital.

Samantha was transported to a different hospital with minor injuries before cops arrived to arrest her on suspicion of murder.

Yesterday, forensic teams were seen going into the £210,000 semi-detached new build and officers removed two pillows in evidence bags.

She is thought to have crashed her Ford Galaxy on the A299 between Whitstable and Herne Bay, Kent, at around 2.50am.

Police are understood to think the car was smashed deliberately into the back of the truck.

[...]

[...]

It’s not known if the couple had split but Mr Ford shared cryptic messages on Twitter in recent weeks.

He wrote on December 16: “Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face…. My face hurts.”

https://www-thesun-co-uk.cdn.amppro...eath/amp/?amp_js_v=0.1&usqp=mq331AQGCAEoAVgB#
[...]

Thank you for the additions Cybervampire it was really late and l should have already been asleep.

This reminds me of the case at Easter a few years ago when a mother killed her three children. I think one of them had a life limiting illness. This was in South West London. She was sent to a psychiatric hospital, the husband remained fully supportive of her. I wonder if mental illness has played a role here.

Thank you for the additions Cybervampire it was really late and l should have already been asleep.

This reminds me of the case at Easter a few years ago when a mother killed her three children. I think one of them had a life limiting illness. This was in South West London. She was sent to a psychiatric hospital, the husband remained fully supportive of her. I wonder if mental illness has played a role here.

It sounds like possibly a mixture of mental illness and a relationship break up.

I'm not getting a sense of malice from it as much as internal pain, but there could be malice directed at the ex.

The grieving father captioned his image: 'Daddy's twins xx. My beautiful babies. I love you.'

WzEyMjkxMjIwMTgsImN4by5hIiwiaHR0cHM6Ly9pLmRhaWx5bWFpbC5jby51ay8xcy8yMDE4LzEyLzI5LzEwLzc5MjcwOTQtNjUzNzA4NS1pbWFnZS1tLTI0XzE1NDYwNzg4NDExNTguanBnIiwicm5kNzg1NyIsImM0N2Y2NjUiXQ==

His post comes as the twins' mother appeared at Canterbury Magistrates’ Court in Kent charged with murder.

The court was told she was charged with two counts of murder but no other details were given.

She cried as the charges were read out during the brief hearing, which lasted just a couple of minutes.

There was no application for bail and she was remanded in custody to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on Monday where it is expected she will appear via video link.
Relatives of 23-month-old twins found dying on Boxing Day speak out over 'terrible tragedy' | Daily Mail Online

Judge David Griffith-Jones QC said the hearing would proceed in her absence as she appeared to have “chosen not to remain available on the video link”.

She will enter pleas on January 18 and a provisional trial date before a High Court judge was set for June 3. It is expected to last up to three weeks.

Ronnie Manek, defending, said there were mental health concerns and a psychiatric report was awaited.

Mum accused of twins' murder fails to appear in court

It sounds to me as if the couple had split up. The report says the father is at their former home in Charing, Ashford.

From the father's tweet it sounds like she may have already been emotionally and physically abusing him before they split up which is not nearly as uncommon as some may think.

I dont know how it is in the UK but here almost 1 million 911 calls per year are from men who have been physically assaulted by their female partner.

For a long time in our society males never reported repeated abuses done to them by a female. They are still the least likely to report DV but it is being reported more now.

At one time the police rarely arrested a female for DV assault even if quilty but thankfully that has also changed in the last 10 years or more since LE has had more in depth training concerning DV which is committed by both genders. They have been taught to recognize both can be and often are DV offenders.

I cant remember a case at the moment when a mother murdered her children where the mentally illness excuse wasn't immediately given.

However..I cant remember one case where a father who murdered his children was ever given the same excuse for him doing the very same evil acts.

However..in truth..in all murder cases overall the defendant...both genders...were only ruled to have a mental illness approximately only 2 to 4 percent of the time.

Imo so mothers who murder their own children are no more mentally ill than fathers who murder their children.

In fact the last statistic I read both bio mothers and fathers murder their children as often.

When it comes to gross neglect and horrific abuses concerning maltreatment of their children 59 percent of the time it is done by their bio mother.

So we cant keep pretending it's only fathers or other males who are cold and callous to innocent children. For abused and murdered children to have equal value in all criminal cases where they are the victims we must look at the brutal truth of the offender no matter if they are mothers or fathers or are committed by either or by both genders.

I see this same kind of case quite often on ID shows and often the motive is revenge where the husband/father tires of the constant chaos/ verbal or physical abuse and wants out the relationship but their children mean everything to the father and the mother knows it.

So they begin to plot their premeditated plan to murder his beloved children knowing he will have to live the rest of his life with tremendous pain and suffering and how they died and knowing who took them away.

It's the same motive many fathers have had. If anyone watches all of these true crime cases involving parents murdering their children all the different various motives each one had for doing so are very similiar no matter which parent did it.

Jmo

Last edited:
From the father's tweet it sounds like she may have already been emotionally and physically abusing him before they split up which is not nearly as uncommon as some may think.

I dont know how it is in the UK but here almost 1 million 911 calls per year are from men who have been physically assaulted by their female partner.

For a long time in our society males never reported repeated abuses done to them by a female. They are still the least likely to report DV but it is being reported more now.

At one time the police rarely arrested a female for DV assault even if quilty but thankfully that has also changed in the last 10 years or more since LE has had more in depth training concerning DV which is committed by both genders. They have been taught to recognize both can be and often are DV offenders.

I cant remember a case at the moment when a mother murdered her children where the mentally illness excuse wasn't immediately given.

However..I cant remember one case where a father who murdered his children was ever given the same excuse for him doing the very same evil acts.

However..in truth..in all murder cases overall the defendant...both genders...were only ruled to have a mental illness approximately only 2 to 4 percent of the time.

Imo so mothers who murder their own children are no more mentally ill than fathers who murder their children.

In fact the last statistic I read both bio mothers and fathers murder their children as often.

When it comes to gross neglect and horrific abuses concerning maltreatment of their children 59 percent of the time it is done by their bio mother.

So we cant keep pretending it's only fathers or other males who are cold and callous to innocent children. For abused and murdered children to have equal value in all criminal cases where they are the victims we must look at the brutal truth of the offender no matter if they are mothers or fathers or are committed by either or by both genders.

I see this same kind of case quite often on ID shows and often the motive is revenge where the husband/father tires of the constant chaos/ verbal or physical abuse and wants out the relationship but their children mean everything to the father and the mother knows it.

So they begin to plot their premeditated plan to murder his beloved children knowing he will have to live the rest of his life with tremendous pain and suffering and how they died and knowing who took them away.

It's the same motive many fathers have had. If anyone watches all of these true crime cases involving parents murdering their children all the different various motives each one had for doing so are very similiar no matter which parent did it.

Jmo

What tweet, the one were he refers to being hit in the face? I'm not sure that was meant literally. I hope it isn't the case that she was already abusive and she's been allowed to move miles away with two small children in tow. It's a good 40 minute drive between Charing and Margate, it's not as though someone could pop in daily.

I hope it isn't the case that she was already abusive and she's been allowed to move miles away with two small children in tow. It's a good 40 minute drive between Charing and Margate, it's not as though someone could pop in daily.

Tragically it probably is. We've been having issues with neighbours - we've heard the mum hit the dad on several occasions, whilst the 3 children (ages 1-9) were present. We've reported it to the police, social services repeatedly (along with many other issues including their daily pot habit). 18 months in and they're still living with her. The last time I talked to the police about it, they were only interested if alcohol had been consumed.

I am, of course, not implying that Samantha and her (ex) partner are anything like my neighbours but I can sadly imagine that it is possible that a mother could hit her partner and still retain custody of her kids.

I did read the tweet as he had been hit - as in, everyone thinks they know what they will do in this situation until it actually happens.

Tragically it probably is. We've been having issues with neighbours - we've heard the mum hit the dad on several occasions, whilst the 3 children (ages 1-9) were present. We've reported it to the police, social services repeatedly (along with many other issues including their daily pot habit). 18 months in and they're still living with her. The last time I talked to the police about it, they were only interested if alcohol had been consumed.

I am, of course, not implying that Samantha and her (ex) partner are anything like my neighbours but I can sadly imagine that it is possible that a mother could hit her partner and still retain custody of her kids.

I did read the tweet as he had been hit - as in, everyone thinks they know what they will do in this situation until it actually happens.
I think it would be unusual to mention his face if his face wasn't actually hit. It's an unusual metaphor otherwise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joyousjg
Back