UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs ARREST* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the BBC video link

We have already approached our lawyer and our lawyer is representing us in Rawalpindi High Court. The next court hearing is on 19th September 2023. I

I do not understand this why there is a court case if they have not yet been changed with anything ? Do their legal representatives know where they are or can give police contact details which could be traced?

Last edited:

part transcript -

Caroline Davies Pakistan Correspondent BBC News –

We have spoken to the Pakistan police about some of those allegations that have been raised by Beinash Batool and Urfan Sharif and they have said quite adamantly that they are baseless and they have said that all of these allegations of harassment, and also in the course of that video Beinash Batool alleged that some of her family had been subject to torture, they’ve said that all of those are false. They have also said that there were allegations in that video as well of the police being accused of having taken jewellery, mobile phones, the police have again said those are all false and completely baseless. Now the police chief has said that if the family has any fears that they should be going to court to seek protection. I would also add that the BBC were unable to verify the exact conditions of course that this video was made in, or the location of Beinash Batool and Urfan Sharif.

You also heard her mention er talking about court case appearances as well. Now because she’s mentioned a decision, a verdict that was come to by the court yesterday morning, we believe that this video must have been recorded in the course of the last day or so. Now the other element of course that’s crucially important here, is that this is the first time we have heard from the couple since they left the UK on 9th August and this is also the first time that we’ve heard them publicly say that they want to work with the UK authorities to fight their case, [...]

Beinash's main concern "is that the Pakistani police will torture or kill us."

I wonder if this woman has given any thought to what poor Sara's main concern was, in the weeks, days, hours leading up to her death.

part transcript -

Caroline Davies Pakistan Correspondent BBC News –

We have spoken to the Pakistan police about some of those allegations that have been raised by Beinash Batool and Urfan Sharif and they have said quite adamantly that they are baseless and they have said that all of these allegations of harassment, and also in the course of that video Beinash Batool alleged that some of her family had been subject to torture, they’ve said that all of those are false. They have also said that there were allegations in that video as well of the police being accused of having taken jewellery, mobile phones, the police have again said those are all false and completely baseless. Now the police chief has said that if the family has any fears that they should be going to court to seek protection. I would also add that the BBC were unable to verify the exact conditions of course that this video was made in, or the location of Beinash Batool and Urfan Sharif.

You also heard her mention er talking about court case appearances as well. Now because she’s mentioned a decision, a verdict that was come to by the court yesterday morning, we believe that this video must have been recorded in the course of the last day or so. Now the other element of course that’s crucially important here, is that this is the first time we have heard from the couple since they left the UK on 9th August and this is also the first time that we’ve heard them publicly say that they want to work with the UK authorities to fight their case, [...]
Thank you for your transcripts.

I wonder if that court decision has precipitated the video. Have been he Pakistani authorities been given permission to arrest and hold them and they now think dealing with the British authorities is a preferable option?

I'm not sure I understand her reference to a court case... does anyone know? I thought people need to be charged with an offence before they go to court, but my understanding is that the police (Pakistani or British) haven't found them and therefore haven't been able to charge them with anything.

Dbm

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand her reference to a court case... does anyone know? I thought people need to be charged with an offence before they go to court, but my understanding is that the police (Pakistani or British) haven't found them and therefore haven't been able to charge them with anything.
I was thinking about this and was wondering if the court case could be to do with them officially appointing a relative to be a guardian to the children should they,the parents, be detained in custody or extradited to England.

IMO, the court case is likely to have been brought by them, against extradition and / or against the Pakistani Police. Possibly as a time-wasting manoeuvre, where their lawyer will repeatedly fail to turn up for the hearings, with multiple appeals etc. The courts in Pakistan do not have jurisdiction to try them for a crime committed in Britain.

ETA: I do not believe they have any inclination to return to the UK to face police questioning. I believe the video they released was a result of pressure from their relatives. I doubt that they're considering what's going to happen long-term. They may believe the video will stop the police harassing their relatives, and that their lawyer will magically make this whole thing go away. That's not going to happen.

Last edited:
I think the court case that Beenish may be referring to is that Urfan's family have taken Jhelum police to court twice. As Urfan's father mentions in an interview reported by the BBC:

"Urfan's Pakistan-based family have taken Jhelum police to court twice, accusing them of detaining several of Urfan's brothers and brothers-in-law illegally. On the first occasion the police said they would not arrest them further. In court on Tuesday, the police denied holding them; the judge told the police they must produce a report in the next two weeks explaining what has happened.
"We have had so many problems the last three weeks," Muhammad Sharif told us. "Some of my sons are on the run, others are with police. No one is making contact with us because of fear of the police."

The Polish Programme "Uwaga!/Attention!"

I watched it and posted link below (but it is in Polish)

Many new photos!

I only mention here NEW FACTS that were not reported in British Press:

- Olga said when son was born, her husband changed.
He prohibited her going outside alone.
Once, when she wanted to meet a friend (girl) he started to suffocate her with a belt.
He threatened to throw hot oil on her.

Olga's mother wanted to talk to him, but Olga begged her not to interfere in case he retaliated.
He was abusive.

- Once a neighbour said to him that they are a nice family (with a Pakistani new wife/partner), and he answered "We are not as nice as we seem".

They separated and kids lived with Olga.

- Olga said that once she slapped Sara on the bum (b/c the girl showed a naked bum to some boys).
Sara told father and he called Social Services.
The Family Court decided kids to live with father.

-When stepmother started problems between Olga and kids, Olga repeatedly contacted Social Services.
But as kids were being poisoned against mother, they didn't want to see her.

So SS said they could do nothing, that Olga had to wait.

- Olga's mother said that Olga had a breakdown and wanted to commit suicide.

- Olga's mother said they are terrified about the fate of Sara's brother.
Polish family are worried about boy's mental state.
They think he knows what happened to his sister.
They want to have him back.

This is my ad hoc translation.
But all details are in the text in the link.
You can use Google Translator - it is very good.
I translated only new info.
The morgue identification I have already posted up thread.

Last edited:
Think they might be realising their family have had enough, and I am sure UK prisons are preferable to Pakistani prisons, so maybe they are already opting for the ‘softer’ option? Willing to work with authorities means they would have to talk to Uk LE, hopefully in person.

I’m so impressed the Pakistan authorities have kept the pressure on this case.

The Polish Programme "Uwaga!/Attention!"

I watched it and posted link below (but it is in Polish)

Many new photos!

I only mention here NEW FACTS that were not reported in British Press:

- Olga said when son was born, her husband changed.
He prohibited her going outside alone.
Once, when she wanted to meet a friend (girl) he started to suffocate her with a belt.
He threatened to throw hot oil on her.

Olga's mother wanted to talk to him, but Olga begged her not to interfere in case he retaliated.
He was abusive.

- Once a neighbour said to him that they are a nice family (with a Pakistani new wife/partner), and he answered "We are not as nice as we seem".

They separated and kids lived with Olga.

- Olga said that once she slapped Sara on the bum (b/c the girl showed a naked bum to some boys).
Sara told father and he called Social Services.
The Family Court decided kids to live with father.

-When stepmother started problems between Olga and kids, Olga repeatedly contacted Social Services.
But as kids were being poisoned against mother, they didn't want to see her.

So SS said they could do nothing, that Olga had to wait.

- Olga's mother said that Olga had a breakdown and wanted to commit suicide.

- Olga's mother said they are terrified about the fate of Sara's brother.
Polish family are worried about boy's mental state.
They think he knows what happened to his sister.
They want to have him back.

This is my ad hoc translation.
But all details are in the text in the link.
You can use Google Translator - it is very good.
I translated only new info.
The morgue identification I have already posted up thread.

you
Thank you very much for this Dotta
I tried to put kisses but they were censored lol

I've had a suspicion all along that Batool was the instigator behind the decision to flee, with implications for who might have been responsible for harming Sara. Pakistan has a society where it would be unusual for women to live outside a traditional family structure, so it would be difficult for Batool to flee on her own. Plus, the children would obviously need to remain with her, as their "mother", and she would be viewed negatively in Pakistan if she abandoned her children. Conversely, if a man commits a crime and flees to Pakistan, they wouldn't take their whole families with them. The reasoning being that the wife/mother was not involved and could therefore remain in the UK taking care of the children. A lone man travelling to another country and living there without his children is not as unusual as a woman doing the same. Plus, they went to stay with her relatives upon reaching Pakistan, not his.

Batool also seems to have instigated other forms of harm (that we know about) against Sara.

Alienating her from her mother (contact with Olga was reportedly cut off after an argument with Batool).
Parentifying her (reports that Sara was observed taking care of her siblings).
And removing her from school.

Sara's father was a taxi driver and is likely to have been out of the house for long periods and all / odd hours. Batool was a housewife. And Sara was at an age when she may have started to identify more with the parent / caregiver of the same gender.

IMO, I think the phone call to police (by Sara's father) may have be driven by the guilt of leaving her but, at the same time, I think he was under Batool's thumb and was not allowed to alert authorites until she thought they were untouchable. A lot of people seem to have been pulled unwittingly into this nightmare because of what I believe to be one person's actions.

JMO
I'm wondering whether she would harm the other children - hold them hostage perhaps?

Last edited:

Police have said the first video of Sara Sharif's fugitive father and stepmother since they fled to Pakistan is 'significant' in their investigation into the 10-year-old's death.

In a new statement, Surrey Police added that the welfare of the five children who also fled to Pakistan is now a 'priority' as the investigation continues.

In their statement today, police said: 'We were made aware this morning (6 September), of a video apparently featuring Urfan Sharif and Beinash Batool that had been obtained by the UK media, in which Beinash Batool suggests that the family may be willing to cooperate with the British authorities.

Clearly this is significant, and we have been liaising with our international partners, including Interpol, the Foreign, Commowealth and Development Office and the National Crime Agency, to determine the next steps.

'As you will appreciate, progressing these enquiries through the appropriate channels has to be handled carefully and sensitively.'

They added: 'The welfare of the five children who travelled to Pakistan on 9 August is a priority for us.

'We remain absolutely committed to conducting a thorough investigation into Sara's death. Any co-operation from the people we want to speak to will assist the enquiry.'

Police said the investigation, starting in August, has been 'fast-moving, challenging and complex'.

From the BBC video link

We have already approached our lawyer and our lawyer is representing us in Rawalpindi High Court. The next court hearing is on 19th September 2023. I

I do not understand this why there is a court case if they have not yet been changed with anything ? Do their legal representatives know where they are or can give police contact details which could be traced?
I suspect it is to do with extradition.

This is some of the statement.
whaaat?
How long exactly did they 'live with a dead child in the house'?

i know we thought about this, that she may have been dead for some time before authorities were informed but we were speculating at the time.

Is she saying Sara was dead for a long period of time ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTM
Back