UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering if the 3rd person they want to speak to is the brother. The neighbours don't seem to have mentioned an uncle or grandparent living there.
I do not think there was space for any other adult to be living there permanently,though it is possible that family lived locally and frequently visited the home. I found it interesting that Olga did not mention her son in the interview she gave to the paper. The press have not mentioned the 13 year old boy either, as in saying, for example ,her brother is being comforted by close family

Another thing I noticed in press bio mum is still using Sharif surname of her ex husband from 6yrs ago. It seems an unusual choice. Would the papers do this to avoid revealing her real name for some reason?
I am not sure it is that unusual to still be using her married name, maybe she feels connected to her children by still using it ,or it is still her name on official documents ,such as her passport. She might be in another relationship and will change her name when she remarries. I

People have been focusing on cultural issues here but imo I think it is more likely she suffered at the hands of a violent man - maybe not helped by the fact her mother wasn't around to look out for her.
With respect, I'm not making the assumption she suffered at the hands of a violent man. With so little information, we really don't know and there are other possibilities on the table, imo.

We don't have enough info but we have clues. One clue is the mom and step-mom had a falling out that resulted in the mom being cut off from her kids.

jmo

This case hit news in my country - Poland

Would it be possible for you to translate these ,please .

Would it be possible for you to translate these ,please .
It is all the same as in DM.
Word for word :)

I will be following this case closely here and if some new info appears I will translate and post here.

If the burial is in Poland I think lots of info will appear here.

PS
I have a feature in my android phone "Translate"

It is all the same as in DM.
Word for word :)

I will be following this case closely here and if some new info appears I will translate and post here.

If the burial is in Poland I think lots of info will appear here.

PS
I have a feature in my android phone "Translate"
Thank you for your reply. I find a translation from a native speaker much better than a translation app. I always have been so grateful in other cases where people have translated articles for us. Thank you for offering to do it if new information is posted.

People have been focusing on cultural issues here but imo I think it is more likely she suffered at the hands of a violent man - maybe not helped by the fact her mother wasn't around to look out for her.
Her mother didn't have custody.

I’d like to know where Stepmom is at the moment.

Also like to know if Sara was the oldest female child in the house.

I’m not ruling out an honour killing. An honour killing is very possible and it could have absolutely nothing to do with Sara. She could have been the one singled out to be killed as a punishment to the father. Honour killings make no sense and typically it’s a female that is killed for the perceived “sins” of her family or family member.

Also not ruling out a child marriage. Again, this could very well be the case. If Sara was difficult, or had become quarrelsome with respect to being sold off to some man from Pakistan, her own family member may have killed her as she had now brought dishonour and embarrassment to them for expressing her disdain at what was going to occur.

The trio who fled to Pakistan May have been a family unit that came to Britain to meet Sara, determine suitability as a “wife”, negotiate terms etc. Sara’s family could most likely need some extra cash with all those mouths to feed. It would also explain how they managed to leave the country so quickly. They already had return tickets.

All MOO

I’d like to know where Stepmom is at the moment.

Also like to know if Sara was the oldest female child in the house.

I’m not ruling out an honour killing. An honour killing is very possible and it could have absolutely nothing to do with Sara. She could have been the one singled out to be killed as a punishment to the father. Honour killings make no sense and typically it’s a female that is killed for the perceived “sins” of her family or family member.

Also not ruling out a child marriage. Again, this could very well be the case. If Sara was difficult, or had become quarrelsome with respect to being sold off to some man from Pakistan, her own family member may have killed her as she had now brought dishonour and embarrassment to them for expressing her disdain at what was going to occur.

The trio who fled to Pakistan May have been a family unit that came to Britain to meet Sara, determine suitability as a “wife”, negotiate terms etc. Sara’s family could most likely need some extra cash with all those mouths to feed. It would also explain how they managed to leave the country so quickly. They already had return tickets.

All MOO
We would all like to know where the step mother is! Sara was the oldest child. She had an older brother and 4 step brothers/sisters.

I personally would be extremely surprised if it is anything to do with an honour killing or arranged marriage. The papers have said the three who have fled were well known to Sara , which is usual paper speak for close family members.so I do not think anyone travelled from abroad.

I would think the family would qualify for various benefits . Rent for a council house is less than a private rental and they could well receive housing benefit.So I do not think they would have needed to sell Sara for a bit of extra cash.

Last edited:

Three people known to 10-year-old Sara Sharif booked one-way tickets to Pakistan, and flew the day before her body was found

The BBC has spoken to a travel agent in the town who said he was contacted by someone known to Sara, wanting tickets for three adults and five children.

The travel agent in Woking identified the person making the booking on the evening of 8 August to travel the following day, whom he said had used his services before.

The BBC has spoken to police in Pakistan who have said that no formal approach has been made by the British authorities over the case.
Pakistan and the UK do not have a formal extradition treaty.

Last edited:

Three people known to 10-year-old Sara Sharif booked one-way tickets to Pakistan, and flew the day before her body was found

The BBC has spoken to a travel agent in the town who said he was contacted by someone known to Sara, wanting tickets for three adults and five children.

The travel agent in Woking identified the person making the booking on the evening of 8 August to travel the following day, whom he said had used his services before.

The BBC has spoken to police in Pakistan who have said that no formal approach has been made by the British authorities over the case.
Pakistan and the UK do not have a formal extradition treaty.

www.bbc.co.uk
3 adults and 5 children - so who is the other adult? Woudn't the eldest child be an adult for booking a flight? How long had Sara been dead - look like it was more than 24 hours before she was found? This is just awful :(

3 adults and 5 children - so who is the other adult? Woudn't the eldest child be an adult for booking a flight? How long had Sara been dead - look like it was more than 24 hours before she was found? This is just awful :(

I think the 13 yr old is included in the 5 children count.

My guess for third adult would be a family member, maybe a grandmother ?

Yes, poor Sara must have been killed on the Tuesday ( or earlier ? ) :(

all MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members