UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual call could have been hours before, the time stated might be when they arrived at the address. From my professional experience police are struggling to complete welfare checks in a timely manner as there's just not enough of them available :(
All moo.

Speculating, maybe the girl had some special needs and the family took action to relieve her/ or their own difficulties? I’m trying to understand why there would be a need to kill a 10 year old, surely too young for an honour killing at that age. Interesting wording from the DI that it was a ‘devastating’ incident, which of course it must be, but I wonder if that choices of words also links to the scene of the murder and what they found.
Too horrific to contemplate, but the fact that 3 suspects have been involved is very concerning.would have thought pictures would be released of them if they are on the run.

ETA swaying towards this being an honour killing, with 3 people involved, cars on the drive, well calculated escape plans seems very well planned. Also, the person who had ‘safety concerns’ and called it in, must have known something was amiss / going on.

Last edited:
  • Quoted from the Mail article posted above.
Two cars disappeared from the driveway of the house where a 10-year-old girl died the night her body was discovered, neighbours claim.
Locals living in Hammond Road in the village of Horsell, near Woking, say the vehicles were at the property hours before the child, named locally as Sara, was found dead in the early hours of Thursday morning.
But locals say both cars were gone by the time emergency services swarmed the residential road at 2.50am amid reports of concern for a child's welfare, the Mirror reports.
It comes as police continue an international manhunt for three people they want to speak to over Sara's suspected murder at the £550,000 home, after confirming the trio had left the country on Wednesday night.
Locals say Sara's family, headed by her father 31-year-old Urfan Sharif, moved into the three-bedroom council house in April.

It ,as reported by the neighbours,the two cars were there hours before the police arrived at the house, it does not leave a great deal of time to leave the country.

I would be interested to know if the other children had been seen in the house that evening or were they passengers in the missing cars. I am presuming the two cars belonged to the family,but maybe one was a friend/family member. Using cameras it cannot be too hard a task to trace the route the cars took.

I don't know why but initially I thought it was three men the police were searching for, but now I see it says three people, not specifically men. Because originally I wondered if the mother of the child had not left and had reported her death.

It is not known if Sharif is one of the three people who Surrey police say they are looking for and who fled the country the day before the girl's body was found.

On his social media, he has uploaded videos of him in the garden of the family home in Woking and the furniture in the footage matches that seen after police had left a back gate open. There are also several clips of former Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan.

Sharif attended the local mosque but was described as being 'not very religious', by friends.

I don't know why but initially I thought it was three men the police were searching for, but now I see it says three people, not specifically men. Because originally I wondered if the mother of the child had not left and had reported her death.
In earlier reports it did say three men,but since yesterday it has changed to people.

I too had wondered if his wife was away with the children who lived in the house . I also wondered whether he had children with his previous wife and not all of them lived permanently with him.

In earlier reports it did say three men,but since yesterday it has changed to people.

I too had wondered if his wife was away with the children who lived in the house . I also wondered whether he had children with his previous wife and not all of them lived permanently with him.
We don't know the configuration of the household yet. If he has children by two wives, it could be a conflict within the sets of parents that put a 10yo at risk. We just don't know anything.

If the father is 31, the 10yo was likely an older child in the family, just guessing.

Goes without saying how heartbreaking it is that a young girl died and that the younger children are likely traumatized by all this.

Who fled? Who called police? Who is taking care of the kids now?

jmo

One local, who asked not to be named, told the Mirror that youngest of the family had just turned one, and their eldest boy was in Year 8, she said. They had moved to the area around "four or five months ago", she said, and appeared to be a "good happy family". She added: "I have seen that little girl - it’s just so heartbreaking."

It is not known if Sharif is one of the three people who Surrey police say they are looking for and who fled the country the day before the girl's body was found.

On his social media, he has uploaded videos of him in the garden of the family home in Woking and the furniture in the footage matches that seen after police had left a back gate open. There are also several clips of former Pakistan prime minister Imran Khan.

Sharif attended the local mosque but was described as being 'not very religious', by friends.
It seems to me that it is the father who fled the country with two other persons unknown. I say that because if he was innocent and grieving in the background it would have been really insensitive to plaster his face only on the front of the news.

The police may not be releasing the names but the news can give us tips it seems.

JMO

It seems to me that it is the father who fled the country with two other persons unknown. I say that because if he was innocent and grieving in the background it would have been really insensitive to plaster his face only on the front of the news.

The police may not be releasing the names but the news can give us tips it seems.

JMO
I agree. The police have been very guarded in what facts they have released. The press appear to have gained most of their information from speaking with the neighbours.

Speculating, maybe the girl had some special needs and the family took action to relieve her/ or their own difficulties?

If a child has special needs, they need love and care all the more. And sorry but what "difficulties?" They live(d) in a nice 3-bedroom home in a country that provides medical care and therapies for children. I'm not saying the medical system is perfect, but being in a large county in the UK where services would be available to the family makes the idea of harming a child because of their needs as atrocious as it gets.

This could well be politically motivated killing if anybody is following news of Imran Khan currently/

Another neighbour confirmed the identity when shown his social media profile and added: 'He was a big fan of Imran Khan and had a picture of him in his car.'

Malik Urfan Sharif

He has been a taxi driver for at least ten years, normally based at Woking railway station.

Fellow hackney carriage driver Sultan Mahmood, 65, said: “He is a nice person” and “sometimes he would bring his kids to the rank”.

He described Sharif as a hard-working family man and a good friend.

Another acquaintance said that the taxi driver was “very pleasant and very talkative”.

all very positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members