UK - Sara Sharif, 10, found murdered in house, Surrey, Aug 2023 *POIs sought*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Police in Pakistan say they did not receive a request to search for the family of Sara Sharif until five days after her body was found in the UK.
They say the request was via Interpol. Surrey police have not said when they asked Interpol for the search to start.
The body of 10-year-old Sara was found on 10 August in Woking.
UK police want to speak to her father, Urfan Sharif, his partner, Beinash Batool and his brother Faisal Malik in relation to their murder investigation.
According to new details the BBC has been told about the Pakistan investigation, police now believe they were staying with family in Pakistan until early on 13 August. After this date, the police say they don't know where they went in the country.
Along with my team we have been following the trail.
Over 8,000km (4,971 miles) from Woking, it runs cold.

We are walking through the streets of a small hamlet near Domeli in central Punjab, Pakistan; dirt tracks barely wide enough to drive a car through, surrounded by fields, woodland and dramatic hills on the horizon.
This, the Pakistan police tells us, is the last location they know Urfan Sharif, Beinash Batool and Faisal Malik visited. According to their investigation, the family arrived at the home of Mr Sharif's sister and her brother-in-law here late at night on 12 August, leaving around 05:00 local time the following day. From there the police say they don't know where they went.
We visit the family home, but all they will say is that Mr Sharif's brother-in-law was taken by police several days ago; they haven't seen him since. The brother-in-law's uncle, Ameer Afzal, does speak to us.
"Yes, Urfan Sharif visited us," Mr Afzal tells us. "I didn't meet him personally, but my family told me in the morning that he visited with his family at night."
"We are very worried about why the police took my nephew. If there is any issue with the Urfan's family, we have nothing to do with that."

Last edited:
From article linked above:

The police have begun to reveal more information about the family's first few days in Pakistan. They were already known to have landed at Islamabad airport early on 10 August. It was from here that Mr Sharif made a 999 call which led officers in the UK to the house in Woking where they discovered Sara's body. An inquest heard she had sustained "multiple and extensive injuries" likely to have been caused over a sustained period of time.
According to Pakistan police, Mr Sharif and his family were collected by family members from Islamabad airport and then driven to Jhelum, over 130km (81 miles) away. They then spent nearly two days at the family home before relocating around 23:00 local time on 12 August to his sister's home for a few hours.
"His brother-in-law said that they were leaving the house at 5am and I asked them you came at 12 in the night now you are leaving so quickly?" Syed Khurram Ali, Regional police chief with the Punjab police tells us.
"They said we have some important thing to do, but didn't explain what. When we asked the family what was the reason for the visit, they say it is just a routine visit."
During our conversation, Mr Ali tells us that the Punjab police were told to begin their search for the family on 15 August after receiving a request from Interpol through Pakistan's Federal Investigation Agency or FIA. Sara's body was found on 10 August.

Perhaps the suspects will spend the rest of their lives feeling miserable, knowing they could have had a nice life in the UK but can't anymore, because of their own horrific choices.

It is, however, terribly tragic for all of the children, innocent lives ruined.

A cousin of Ms Batool has now urged her to "come back to the UK" and hand herself in to the police.

It is the first time anyone from Ms Batool's family has spoken to the media.

Ms Batool's cousin - who is originally from the city of Gujrat in Pakistan - said Ms Batool was estranged from her parents, having eloped to marry Mr Sharif.

"The relationship [with her family] is finished," the relative added.

"She married secretly, and her father said, 'she is not my daughter'.

"She hasn't spoken to her parents since."

The comments from Ms Batool's relative come after Mr Sharif's father - Sara's grandfather - urged his son to hand himself over to police as part of the investigation.

So
No hijab for stepmother as photos above show.
Why was it forced on a little girl then?
To make her a victim of bullying at school?

Also,
both families of women (Polish/Pakistani)
had misgivings about this man.
Rightly so!

JMO

So

Also,
Rightly so!

JMO
It could have been Sara's own choice to wear hijab. Hijab is not a punishment, it's something that many girls choose to begin to wear in late childhood and teen years to express their faith.

Hijab wasn't what killed Sara, being beaten and otherwise abused was.

MOO

So

Also,
Rightly so!

JMO
Was the little girl really bullied at school for wearing the Hijab or did stepmother use this as an excuse to keep her home? There is no mention from school that the little girl was bullied at school.
In this case, the stepmother may have forced the child to wear hijab to cover the bruises as report states that the little girl's injuries was 'likely to have been caused over a sustained and extended period of time'.

Her mother was not in favour of the hijab as she wanted the girl to decide when she was older.

Last edited:
Was the little girl really bullied at school for wearing the Hijab or did stepmother use this as an excuse to keep her home? There is no mention from school that the little girl was bullied at school.
Let's be realistic.

Anybody who stands out at school is usually a victim of bullying.
Or a laughing stock.

JMO

The school Sara attended seems to be in a very diverse area. It's very likely she was not the only girl in the school wearing hijab.

We've seen nothing indicating Sara was bullied, except for a statement made by her stepmother. Who has now fled the country after her stepdaughter was found dead in the family home.

All moo.

The school Sara attended seems to be in a very diverse area. It's very likely she was not the only girl in the school wearing hijab.

We've seen nothing indicating Sara was bullied, except for a statement made by her stepmother. Who has now fled the country after her stepdaughter was found dead in the family home.

All moo.
I wouldn't sing praises to this school.

Didn't the child attend it bruised, cut and subdued???

Wasn't the child withdrawn from school the next day???

What was the teacher's response???
"Dear children
Your friend Sara will be home schooled"

Is it OK?
Is it the right response from the school?
Was Police informed of the state of the child???

But maybe it is all right in schools there.

Sorry, but my response to this situation as a teacher I am would be completely different.

JMO

I wouldn't sing praises to this school.

Didn't the child attend it bruised, cut and subdued???

Wasn't the child withdrawn from school the next day???

What was the teacher's response???
"Dear children
Your friend Sara will be home schooled"

Is it OK?
Is it the right response from the school?
Was Police informed of the state of the child???

But maybe it is all right in schools there.

Sorry, but my response to this situation as a teacher I am would be completely different.

JMO
It's been stated that the local council was aware of the family. We have no idea how or why. It's very possible it was due to a situation at the school.

The school, of course, would never divulge any information like that regarding a pupil, past or present, especially during an ongoing investigation. We have no way of knowing, at this point, what the school knew and what actions they took.

I prefer not to use a broad brush to infer that somehow, the school is to blame.

The school did not kill Sara.

MOO

It's been stated that the local council was aware of the family. We have no idea how or why. It's very possible it was due to a situation at the school.

The school, of course, would never divulge any information like that regarding a pupil, past or present, especially during an ongoing investigation. We have no way of knowing, at this point, what the school knew and what actions they took.

I prefer not to use a broad brush to infer that somehow, the school is to blame.

The school did not kill Sara.

MOO
In a school I work we have procedures concerning kids who are vulnerable.

1. If a child is "known to authorities" the school is informed.

2. If any bruises/cuts are observed, the child is looked over by a school nurse.

3. If behaviour/mood is changed (the child is subdued/seems frightened) a school psychologist talks to a child.

4. If bruises noticed by a teacher/school nurse are a sign of abuse - Police is informed.

This is the LEAST we as school workers can do to HELP a child who is maltreated.

We never turn our heads away when a child is being harmed.

This is what being a TEACHER means.

No further comments.

JMO

In a school I work we have procedures concerning kids who are vulnerable.

1. If a child is "known to authorities" the school is informed.

2. If any bruises/cuts are observed, the child is looked over by a school nurse.

3. If behaviour/mood is changed (the child is subdued/seems frightened) a school psychologist talks to a child.

4. If bruises noticed by a teacher/school nurse are a sign of abuse - Police is informed.

This is the LEAST we as school workers can do to HELP a child who is maltreated.

We never turn our heads away when a child is being harmed.

This is what being a TEACHER means.

No further comments.

JMO
We have zero evidence that the school did not do exactly that.

So

Also,
Rightly so!

JMO
Unlikely she would have been bullied for wearing the hijab in a school in the UK; it’s a very very ethnically blended place, particularly schools, in fact many schools in the South East are majority ethnic minority populated nowadays. JMO, but I can’t see how she would have been bullied for wearing a hijab in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210