GUILTY UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London, Clapham Common area, 3 Mar 2021 *Awaiting Sentencing*, #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah pretty sure that's where the snapchat photo was taken apparently it looked like mounds burning.. I dont know I didn't see it but I know it was controversial and got an entire thread closed down here... I know some people downloaded it here and I wouldn't mind seeing it myself..

That picture I thought was discounted fairly early on. I can't remember exactly why, but I think it was either the date or location were wrong.

That picture I thought was discounted fairly early on. I can't remember exactly why, but I think it was either the date or location were wrong.

Looks pretty legit to me now given what we know about the axe and him burning the body...

It was posted on the day he was arrested at night but the photo is clearly taken during the day so it could have easily been in the right timeframe and location.. The mounds are covered in axed down small trees that are burning... If it was him He didn't have a clue what he was doing hence him going back multiple times

I've followed these threads from almost the beginning. As soon as we knew that Sarah Everard had been killed it was impossible to see it as anything other than horrendous situation, but there was that weird (but hardly consoling) notion that it was an indecent exposure incident that had gone horribly wrong; that WC (appropriate initials if ever there were any!) hadn't intended for her to die. But no - now we know how planned and intentional the whole thing was. Sickening.

I've read in some of the articles that "the rest of the evidence" will be opened at his sentencing in September. Do we know what this means? Does that mean more details will be released to the press? I wonder if the CCTV footage will be released - it has been in other cases, so I suppose that must be standard? It would surely be awful for the family though... :(

I've followed these threads from almost the beginning. As soon as we knew that Sarah Everard had been killed it was impossible to see it as anything other than horrendous situation, but there was that weird (but hardly consoling) notion that it was an indecent exposure incident that had gone horribly wrong; that WC (appropriate initials if ever there were any!) hadn't intended for her to die. But no - now we know how planned and intentional the whole thing was. Sickening.

I've read in some of the articles that "the rest of the evidence" will be opened at his sentencing in September. Do we know what this means? Does that mean more details will be released to the press? I wonder if the CCTV footage will be released - it has been in other cases, so I suppose that must be standard? It would surely be awful for the family though... :(

I hope they release the CCTV because it will bring it full circle and allow me to wrap the case up and move onto another ....I already spent way too long on this and sleepless nights

Reportedly, CW stopped talking after he gave authorities the bogus, Eastern European gang story. I think any available details are probably limited to the electronic footprint. I don't think we will ever know the true story. MOO

I dont understand this pile of rubbish left in the forest, fires there - where is the Forest Service???

No, we don't have such a thing in the UK. Our woods aren't really taken care of like your national parks etc. with a dedicated organised service overseeing them, not on a local or national level. No rangers, nothing.

Our woods are just left and it's usually down to the public (runner, dog walker etc) to report or notice anything wrong. I'm sure some woods never have many people in ever. It's too potentially dangerous and unsafe. Woods scare us.

If there is a fire in woods or forest (very rare occurrence) then someone will notice smoke and the fire brigade will be called out and they will deal with it.

If a county council or local council manages the land, it doesn't really have anyone taking care ot it, on a week to week basis, probably just general seasonal maintenance work. And that forest and woods wouldn't be a priority for council money.

Plus, most of the land in the UK is privately owned (owned by a person or company). There isn't much spare land, we're so very small.

I hope they release the CCTV because it will bring it full circle and allow me to wrap the case up and move onto another ....I already spent way too long on this and sleepless nights
Dont have sleepless nights! Hopefully her killer will remain in prison until he dies (whole life sentence)

No, we don't have such a thing in the UK. Our woods aren't really taken care of like your national parks etc. with a dedicated organised service overseeing them, not on a local or national level. No rangers, nothing.
[...]
If there is a fire in woods or forest (very rare occurrence) then someone will notice smoke and the fire brigade will be called out and they will deal with it.
[...]

SBM

Hmm, not sure why you would say this actually. National park and forestry land in the UK is looked after by paid, professional rangers who take care of woodland management, flora and fauna management, fire safety and public safety. Most public forest land also has volunteer rangers. Fires on forestry land are not rare at all, particularly in the summer, and are increasing in frequency and scale.

None of this is necessarily relevant to the matter at hand, though, as the area of woodland in question was part of a parcel of land that WC and his wife own privately, which is not uncommon either. Fire in woodland usually attracts prompt attention whoever owns it, though, for the obvious reason that it can spread quickly if unchecked.

National governance

Who looks after National Parks? - National Parks

How I became a National Park Ranger

A walk in the woods with Community Ranger Tim

Local governance (eg)

Protection of the Forest

Ashdown Forest Staff

Fire

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8960660/ashdown-forest-fire-huge-blaze-winnie-the-pooh-wood-wildfires/

Ashdown Forest fire prompts fresh warning ¦ East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service

Wildfire officially recognised as a major UK hazard - School of Environment, Education and Development - The University of Manchester

British wildfires are getting more frequent. Here's what that means

But as he went through the process of hiring the car, he made a crucial error that would lead to his detection and capture.

RSBM

IIRC you need to present a valid drivers licence to hire a car - so the mobile number wasn't the only "mistake"?

IMO what this shows is that he probably would have got away with this, if not for the bus CCTV capturing his plate - though presumably, having seen the car on the buss CCTV, that could have trolled other cameras to find another image of the potential car?

So I was one of the few who managed to see the picture on SC before it was removed. Locations on there aren’t 100% precise but the picture was in the vicinity of where her body was found.
The picture was taken during the day (he was arrested later that night) and there was no active fire it was more the smouldering remnants of a heap which had been burnt. My gut instinct when I saw the image was that it was related, and the person who posted the picture had captioned “what the hell is this” (or something along those lines) as it was deep within a wooded area and not somewhere that a Bon fire or something would usually be lit.. whoever had lit it had stayed around to ensure what they wanted to burn was done so and then put out (I’m not an expert on starting fires or anything but I imagine it could of got out of control and attracted attention otherwise). I didn’t personally save the image and once it was discussed a tiny bit on here it was then removed very promptly

RSBM

IIRC you need to present a valid drivers licence to hire a car - so the mobile number wasn't the only "mistake"?

IMO what this shows is that he probably would have got away with this, if not for the bus CCTV capturing his plate - though presumably, having seen the car on the buss CCTV, that could have trolled other cameras to find another image of the potential car?

I agree, the bus cam images were a game changer. I seriously doubt he would have been arrested if that bus had not passed when it did, or not anywhere near as quickly. Not because he was particularly clever - he wasn't - but because the labour-intensiveness of the investigation would have been too great to get fast results IMO.

You know - I dont understand this pile of rubbish left in the forest, fires there - where is the Forest Service??? Also a big building bag in the stream?? Didnt it obstruct the flow of water? Can people do what they want there? In my country forests are monitored by services, rubbish is cleared at once and fires there are absolutely forbidden!

As I understand it this was private land. There is no state agency which would take care of private woodland. The Forestry Commission (actually, I don't think it's even called that anymore) looks after state owned or operated forests but that was only originally set up to manage commercial forests which were grown to provide the likes of pit-props and boarding for coal mines and suchlike. You do pretty much what you like if it's private land.

As I understand it this was private land. There is no state agency which would take care of private woodland. The Forestry Commission (actually, I don't think it's even called that anymore) looks after state owned or operated forests but that was only originally set up to manage commercial forests which were grown to provide the likes of pit-props and boarding for coal mines and suchlike. You do pretty much what you like if it's private land.

Forestry Commission

You do pretty much what you like if it's private land.
It is such a shame:( A piece of woodland is a paradise for children - they should play and relax there close to nature. It should be treasured and looked after. But instead a madman turned it into a rubbish site and a place to burn corpses :(

Last edited:

It definitely will be. His sentencing isn't going to be until September and is slated for two days, apparently! The sentencing for murder is framed on the statutory rules in the Criminal Justice Act 2003 and is dependent upon the facts of the crime. In order to sentence him correctly (and it will be an automatic life sentence, the judge needs to set the tariff) the particular facts as to how he did it and the level of pre-planning, sadism etc, must be taken account of. The investigation as to what he did, specifically is still ongoing so all the facts are not yet known. Everything relevant will be laid out by the court as it all constitutes the court's reasons for applying a particular tariff. There is a lot to come out.

As a side note; when he entered his guilty plea, he did so via video link. I sincerely hope that he is required to attend court (by violence, if necessary) to hear exactly what is put to him and that he is actually made to look at the judge when he is handed his inevitably very, very long prison term. The man is complete and utter scum of the highest order.

I don’t think he did much at the garage tbh - maybe a recce if anything , it’s too open and too many people can enter it

I'd read somewhere that the sentencing was going to take two days. Can recall where though

Yes, I think that was in the Times article.

So does all the evidence that's opened to the court become public information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyefoundation798