UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think she would have passed this north side camera, if she came out the back gate of lethwaite road onto the A205 she wouldn’t have been near this camera, no?

Edit to add - plus it’s time stamped at 21.27, that wouldn’t be enough time to get to Poynders and be picked up on the door cam at 21.30

yes body language is all wrong, but I'm certain I saw a spaceship before in one of these stills, so the brain can play tricks on you. ;)

I think a poster above made a really excellent point about the 5 minute gaps, and although I knew that going in whilst researching, and yes there is still a chance something could be spotted, those gaps in time mean anything could happen.

Absolutely, it's amazing how many interpretations of one image people can have.

The body language seemed weird, like the person nearest to the road was reaching up to their neck. Obviously this is just my interpretation.

Fully agree - this is nowhere near where the last apparently verified sighing is on the A205/Poynders Road.

I don’t think she would have passed this north side camera, if she came out the back gate of lethwaite road onto the A205 she wouldn’t have been near this camera, no?

Edit to add - plus it’s time stamped at 21.27, that wouldn’t be enough time to get to Poynders and be picked up on the door cam at 21.30

Where is this camera located?

Am I missing something on this discussion? I thought this camera was at Clapham Common north side (which is some distance on foot from the last supposed sighting on the A205/Poynders Road?)

I think it’s based on a fairly cryptic Twitter post between someone (a friend of SE? Not sure) and LE discussing that they were looking into a “likeness” on this cam further.

edit to add: I agree I think we can rule out this cam around 9:00-9:45pm given the sighting on Poynders and general time it would take to get from there to Northside, but I guess it’s not impossible that by 22:21 she could have made her way here with/to meet the other figure either voluntarily or forced. I’m not overly convinced personally, but keen to explore any lead.

I could be wrong, but I think where I’ve drawn this v poor line in yellow is being interpreted as some as the head of a figure standing sort of side on and looking behind them at an approaching 2nd and taller figure, that has either a mask on or something that’s caught the light (vape? Cig? Glasses?).

Thank you.

On it now. But I just thought one figure - no 4 legs in view - with one hand up to head, maybe on phone? and perhaps carrying something?

I know - i do think the first one I posted is a jogger (thanks to the enhance of that it looks like a jogger now), and i hardly think she was dragged through the streets of Clapham, from South to North, etc. etc without grabbing tons of attention....sadly.

Particularly if she was spotted on Poynders. But you never know what happened. So i'm clutching.

Where is this camera located?

Am I missing something on this discussion? I thought this camera was at Clapham Common north side (which is some distance on foot from the last supposed sighting on the A205/Poynders Road?)
Someone posted this picture on twitter saying the outfit might look similar, I guess people are trying to help checking all the CCTV's archive pics in this area

A clearer map from BBC if anyone is interested in it

_117493434_map.png

I could be wrong, but I think where I’ve drawn this v poor line in yellow is being interpreted as some as the head of a figure standing sort of side on and looking behind them at an approaching 2nd and taller figure, that has either a mask on or something that’s caught the light (vape? Cig? Glasses?).
it's low quality jpeg compression artifacts and the wall that runs along the left - at least to my eyes...

In these screenshots, there is a white van hanging around the area in different positions. At 21:10 it's coming this way down the road, at 21:20 (parked or stopped on the side of the road?), then coming this way again at 21:26.

I am sure there are more than one white van in London, but just making a note of it, since it was pulled over (not in a parking space at 21:20).

Is it the same van in all 3 screenshots?

(Screenshot from Plunder's video of all the stills).
First van looks like a police van, the other two pictures I would say it could be the same van?

If she was picked up / forced into a vehicle between cavendish and kings on poynders road - there are no traffic cameras in between or up Clarence Avenue where her phone last pinged - so the perp could be clever avoiding the cameras which would suggest some planning maybe

agree with Jimmy, moving images will do a lot more good. The image is total tat quality anyway, but have ramped up the colours that were actually there and sharpened (which just sharpens the crap quality mostly)

Brilliant work sir, I do have to say it looks like the individual on the left is wearing more a white parka? and holding/wearing a bag across her waist?

Hi everyone - as promised, some observations from the walk I did this afternoon between Clapham Junction and Brixton Hill to run an errand. This will be quite a long post so I have done subheadings to make it easier to read/digest, I hope that's ok!

For those new to the thread, I am a longtime local, a woman Sarah's age and build who is comfortable walking around the area in the dark. Today I followed Sarah's generally accepted route - the A205 along the Common from Clapham Junction, onto Cavendish Road, onto Poynders Road. I then branched off in a way that I will explain further down.

The A205 along the Common
No police activity on the road/pavement itself, but there was a large police van parked up by the Windmill, as other have noted. Officers were getting into it, it looked like the dive team packing up for the day. That bit of the Common and around the allotments are full of areas where what looks like building rubbish has been dumped and which will have required, and may still require, careful and length searches.

Cavendish Road/Poynders Road/Agnes Riley Gardens
I found I naturally stuck to the left hand side of the road as I walked along it. Partly my natural direction of travel, partly this feeling like the less sketchy side - the other side has several abandoned buildings, what looks like an empty timber yard etc. This may have been discussed upthread but my feeling is it would have made sense for SE to do the same, unless something made her uncomfortable enough to cross over. From the bottom of Trouville Road onwards it's basically all flats/estates, none of which seemed to have doorbell cams. The somewhat dilapidated 1930s (I think) estates on both sides of the road – Poynders Court and Gardens – were both having their front gardens searched by police with sniffer dogs. I saw no police activity in Agnes Riley Gardens when I passed at about 4.20pm.

Clarence Avenue/Rodenhurst Road
Clarence Avenue is even creepier than I remembered even in daylight – bar the Londis the parade of shops on the corner with Poynders Road is all abandoned and boarded up like something from a horror movie. I am confident walking alone in London after dark but I would only go down there at night if I really, really had to, and even leaving aside why she might have needed to take a diversion that would have popped her out in what seems to be the wrong direction I cannot easily imagine SE walking down here voluntarily. However, there is a turning off Poynders Road before Clarence Avenue onto Rodenhurst Road that would make more sense as a shortcut on foot to the Brixton Hill area (if that is where she was going). The first bit of the road when you turn onto it off Poynders Road is all flats, so no door cams, but a bit further down it is all the sorts of houses that cost £1 million plus, quite a few of which seem to have door cams. The police – plainclothes, interestingly, but with radios – were going door to door here.

I walked all the way up Rodenhurst Road, cut through Crescent Lane onto Lambert Road. Again, no police presence, but quite a few journalists knocking about trying to get quotes from locals! At this point I turned around as the light was starting to go and it was getting cold.

I felt desperately sad on my walk home, the pain that SE's loved ones are going through is unimaginable, and the fear locally is really present. There were so many young women out after work walking in pairs or jogging, as we have been all thoughout the past year, and I heard a number discussing the case. I truly hope that the investigation makes swift progress.

A note on the new footage from Clapham Common/Northside: this would seem to be entirely the wrong side of the Common for SE to have been out after setting out from where she did, and aiming for Cavendish Road - it's a real zig zag route that would add about half an hour to the journey for no clear reason.

In these screenshots, there is a white van hanging around the area in different positions. At 21:10 it's coming this way down the road, at 21:20 (parked or stopped on the side of the road?), then coming this way again at 21:26.

I am sure there are more than one white van in London, but just making a note of it, since it was pulled over (not in a parking space at 21:20).

Is it the same van in all 3 screenshots?

(Screenshot from Plunder's video of all the stills).
YES, I obsessed over this whilst creating a gif video last night of this Camera - and i could not help noticing what looked suspicious (or at least noticeable.)

21:10 and 21:26 are different vans I think. 21:10 One looks like it has police writing on it (Police van, ?)

The one in Endymion Road is pulling out (IMO) but could be sitting there I suppose...

Hi everyone - as promised, some observations from the walk I did this afternoon between Clapham Junction and Brixton Hill to run an errand. This will be quite a long post so I have done subheadings to make it easier to read/digest, I hope that's ok!

For those new to the thread, I am a longtime local, a woman Sarah's age and build who is comfortable walking around the area in the dark. Today I followed Sarah's generally accepted route - the A205 along the Common from Clapham Junction, onto Cavendish Road, onto Poynders Road. I then branched off in a way that I will explain further down.

The A205 along the Common
No police activity on the road/pavement itself, but there was a large police van parked up by the Windmill, as other have noted. Officers were getting into it, it looked like the dive team packing up for the day. That bit of the Common and around the allotments are full of areas where what looks like building rubbish has been dumped and which will have required, and may still require, careful and length searches.

Cavendish Road/Poynders Road/Agnes Riley Gardens
I found I naturally stuck to the left hand side of the road as I walked along it. Partly my natural direction of travel, partly this feeling like the less sketchy side - the other side has several abandoned buildings, what looks like an empty timber yard etc. This may have been discussed upthread but my feeling is it would have made sense for SE to do the same, unless something made her uncomfortable enough to cross over. From the bottom of Trouville Road onwards it's basically all flats/estates, none of which seemed to have doorbell cams. The somewhat dilapidated 1930s (I think) estates on both sides of the road – Poynders Court and Gardens – were both having their front gardens searched by police with sniffer dogs. I saw no police activity in Agnes Riley Gardens when I passed at about 4.20pm.

Clarence Avenue/Rodenhurst Road
Clarence Avenue is even creepier than I remembered even in daylight – bar the Londis the parade of shops on the corner with Poynders Road is all abandoned and boarded up like something from a horror movie. I am confident walking alone in London after dark but I would only go down there at night if I really, really had to, and even leaving aside why she might have needed to take a diversion that would have popped her out in what seems to be the wrong direction I cannot easily imagine SE walking down here voluntarily. However, there is a turning off Poynders Road before Clarence Avenue onto Rodenhurst Road that would make more sense as a shortcut on foot to the Brixton Hill area (if that is where she was going). The first bit of the road when you turn onto it off Poynders Road is all flats, so no door cams, but a bit further down it is all the sorts of houses that cost £1 million plus, quite a few of which seem to have door cams. The police – plainclothes, interestingly, but with radios – were going door to door here.

I walked all the way up Rodenhurst Road, cut through Crescent Lane onto Lambert Road. Again, no police presence, but quite a few journalists knocking about trying to get quotes from locals! At this point I turned around as the light was starting to go and it was getting cold.

I felt desperately sad on my walk home, the pain that SE's loved ones are going through is unimaginable, and the fear locally is really present. There were so many young women out after work walking in pairs or jogging, as we have been all thoughout the past year, and I heard a number discussing the case. I truly hope that the investigation makes swift progress.

thank you so much, useful insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member