Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading his Tweet I really think that much of what we have be theorising and surmising although so shocking/scary/sad, given what he tweeted and therefore what other evidence they have, may be nothing in comparison to what really happened.

I agree and believe much info has NOT been disclosed. Awful

Another speculation by me (sorry)... what if WC did actually drive Sarah home to her house (which we think was on a quietish road around Brixton Water Lane) and the attack only happened there, in a much quieter road.. then on to Kent? Might explain why nobody saw any evidence of force etc at Poynders Road. Jmo

Possibly but that street has a large number of Ring doorbells and other cameras, that I noticed anyway.

Wonder if he has had a full on mental break of some form.... that he had moments of clarity an emailed about the fire arm etc in the hopes that he could reduce chance of hurting someone...
Or he is just a nasty piece of work and has tried setting up his defence..

Wondering what action was taken after the emailing stating he was stressed and didn’t want to carry firearms? Would it have been referral to counselling
The MSM up to now have reported he returned from a shift working on the day we was arrested. Could this also be part of the probe if emails about stress, requests leave, not wanting to work with firearms anymore, etc. were not heeded by his superiors?

Everything we know about the police officer arrested for Sarah Everard 'murder'

Yes, it’s not like if he has a bad day a spreadsheet won’t get done, his job is to protect embassies and our country and people. He carries weapons. Surely even the slightest signs of something wrong have to be taken very very seriously. I think the Met may need some serious reforms after this ...

God that tweet has sent shivers down my spine. I can’t bear to think what he did to her (allegedly, I know he’s not been convicted yet)

The defendant wore a grey tracksuit and appeared to have a red wound on the top of his forehead.

Couzens spoke only to confirm his name and personal details, sitting between two plain-clothes officers in the dock and leaning forward for most of the hearing.

Chief Magistrate Paul Goldspring asked prosecutor Zoe Martin to give a brief summary "given the nature of the case and the interest".

The court heard the officer is accused of kidnapping Ms Everard in the Poynders Road area of Clapham.

Ms Martin said Ms Everard was reported missing by her boyfriend on 4 March and that a body discovered on 10 March in a wooded area of Ashford, Kent, had been formally identified as the missing woman using dental records.

A post-mortem examination has taken place but no cause of death was given in court.
Before his court appearance, Scotland Yard said that Couzens, of Deal in Kent, was taken to hospital for a second time in 48 hours on Friday for treatment to another head injury sustained in custody, before he was discharged and returned to a police station.

He was previously treated in hospital for a separate head wound on Thursday, also sustained in custody when he was alone in his cell.

Meanwhile, police in dry suits were seen on Saturday continuing to search around the area where Ms Everard's body was found near Ashford.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick visited search sites in Kent to thank the teams involved in continued searches in relation to the investigation into the 33-year-old's murder.
Sarah Everard's body found in builder's bag and identified using dental records, court told - LBC
upload_2021-3-13_8-40-31.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m trawling to find the link, but do I recall rightly it was mentioned at some stage that WC was allowed to continue working whilst under police surveillance? Which implies to me he did go back to work at some point prior to his arrest. And after notifying his supervisor he didn’t want to carry a firearm. I’m looking for a MSM article. At this stage MOO from memory of a previous discussion.
This is how I remember it, trying to look for earlier shifts that were stated too.. wasn’t he arrested after arriving home from work? and it was definitely stated he worked a shift till 8pm on the night Sarah disappeared so I’m confused with these new times.. what is correct??o_O

To consider.....

Sarah was simply walking home. A well-traveled route with CCTV and traffic enough. A place she had every right to feel safe.

If you were a CCTV or a pedestrian or a driver, saw a car stopped at the side of the road, and a passenger enter, you'd NEVER think kidnapping. In the US, you'd think Uber.

Just as it was staged to appear IMO by a perpetrator who lulled an innocent, trusting, unknowing victim into his car.

I am reminded of a thousand episodes of Criminal Minds were a victim feels the kindness of a stranger or the relief of a ride until that horrid moment when the passenger door lock clicks.

And by then it's too late to scream.

Horrifying.

JMO

Two front passenger doors open seems a bit odd unless there were two people in the vicinity. I mean you get in the car, you pull the door shut..get out of the car, close it before walking off..something about that is bothering me.

maybe a “my wife’s just nipped down the road to get help” JMO pure speculation

Wondering what action was taken after the emailing stating he was stressed and didn’t want to carry firearms? Would it have been referral to counselling

Yes, it’s not like if he has a bad day a spreadsheet won’t get done, his job is to protect embassies and our country and people. He carries weapons. Surely even the slightest signs of something wrong have to be taken very very seriously. I think the Met may need some serious reforms after this ...

Agree with this. I would have thought carrying a fire arm is an integral part of his role. At least from the officers l have seen when lived and worked in London, those on patrol were seen to be carrying a firearm.

I agree and believe much info has NOT been disclosed. Awful

Reporting restrictions around ongoing trials are quite common (sometimes for reasons which become apparent only once the restrictions are lifted)

IANAL so do not know if this is the guidance currently in force, but I guess there wouldn't be that much change in approach between now and 2016 (date of the last revision)

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/reporting-restrictions-guide-may-2016-2.pdf

I would be really interested to know, from anyone with a legal background, what evidence a defence lawyer would need to produce to claim mental health issues. I would hope it would include evidence from before a crime was committed and not just the reaction of a suspect thereafter....
ok not a criminal lawyer but they would need to adduce expert evidence from a mental health expert (eg psychiatrist or psychologist) to show that they did not have mental capacity sufficient to establish intention or mens rea required for murder. I believe then that may result in a not-guilty of murder charge but immediate order of committal to a secure mental institution such as Broadmoor indefinitely I’m going to qualify that with “a best of my knowledge caveat” as criminal lawyer would know the detail better.

short answer to your question is that it would need to be put forward in argument and supported by a suitably qualified expert witness who would be subject to cross examination.

Last edited:
This is how I remember it, trying to look for earlier shifts that were stated too.. wasn’t he arrested after arriving home from work? and it was definitely stated he worked a shift till 8pm on the night Sarah disappeared so I’m confused with these new times.. what is correct??o_O

It’s massively confused me too. As I understood it his shift pattern was 2pm - 8pm. We discussed parking permits on Poynders etc based on these times. It seemed to fit that if he finished at 8pm, returned his weapon, uniform etc, he could feasibly be travelling through Clapham at 9:30pm. Then I’m sure I’d read they were watching him under surveillance at work prior to his arrest.

These new times have baffled me. I do question whether his wife was in any way aware. I expect he might have told her he was off to work (JMO)

That Irvine Times article (link) contains a whole host of new information.

Saying he was stressed and emailing his boss saying he doesn't want to carry a fire arm any more?!

Googling SE and "Astra" and "Stress" shows many other MSM also reporting the same facts

I tried googling that and got a hit for the Standard Sarah Everard latest: Accused killer remanded in custody and the bit about him being off with stress and the Astra seems to have been removed but it is still there in Google's cached version. Wondering if this has been reported by mistake?

Hi everyone, long time lurker, new poster. I've been following this case with my heart in my throat since day 1, but couldn't catch up!

It's really hit home for me as for many others because I've done the same walk as Sarah's (also to visit friends I have in Clapham South while I live near Brixton) and so I'm very familiar with the route. My friends live really close to Poynders and they have also been very impacted by all this. I'm surrounded by young single women that live alone and this has kept us (and it still keeps us) in shock. I really can't stop thinking of Sarah, her family and her friends, particularly the friend she was visiting as I can only imagine the suffering for them right now.

Quoted this post because I remember looking at CCTV of Poynders Road and seeing police lights in one of the clips. Can't remember which one, I'm really sorry, but it was posted in this forum for sure (that's how I've seen it). I remember thinking surely the police would check with that car if they had any dashcam footage but I never saw anyone mentioning it until now.

Out of that article, what really stands out for me is that on March 6th Couzens emailed his supervisor saying he didn't want to carry firearms anymore. It's just a weird thing, don't you think?

Thank you all for your insights into this case!

I’m sure it wasn’t the first odd thing they noticed about him - it’s just something that we are hearing about now because of what’s happened. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke