Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. The media thread for this case is out of wack with the dates of news releases. It’s difficult to follow a timeline of events to get caught up. IMO

He was apparently working a 2pm-8pm shift the day Sarah disappeared so was not off sick in that day so was fit to work. I work in mental health and am familiar with Broadmoor (worked there for many years at the beginning of my career). There is a huge difference between ‘mad’ and ‘bad’ and this guy is clearly on the psychopathic scale.

The kidnapping was clearly premeditated. He is a sexual deviant and his behaviour has escalated. He indecently exposed himself three days before the kidnap in McDonalds to another woman. The MET police investigated but minimised it and was probably laughed off.

The behaviour of this man mimics a lot of what happened in the Libby Squire case. A man who engages in flashing and other sexually inappropriate behaviours towards frightened women which end up in him lurking around and cruising the streets for someone to have easy sex with, which ended up in rape and murder.

I don’t think for a minute this guy can claim he has no capacity to be in control of his decisions. He drove her miles away from her home and the remains of her body took time to be identified which shows the extent of his cover up and what he must have done to her.

Police are now searching tunnels in Dover. This guy should never be associated as being mentally unwell.
He is a steroid using, misogynistic, sexual predator who used his status to lure her in when in reality he should be protecting people on our streets.

As for the head banging incident, for someone so violent to others and in a moment of self pity and having no other means in a police cell to harm himself, he probably saw this as a good distraction / easy way out. Easy to say he doesn’t remember anything with a head injury!

JMO

But this is getting into the right lane, which loops back round the Common and either left to Poynders Road or down past Clapham South tube. Also I looked a LOT and didn't find a single other Astra in the area. Anyway it's there, it may well be wrong and inconsequential.

You're one junction too early. You need to be in the right hand lane there simply to avoid the left hand turn at Elspeth Road (you cannot go straight on from the left hand lane)

Yes a driver could take any one of the right hand turns further along the road and circle the Common. But the lane choice here is not giving any clue other than 'not turning left'

That McDonalds looks to be just inside the Kent border according to this map. The McDonalds is just inside the small loop off the A20, sorry I couldn't magnify it any more!
The McDonalds is actually just inside the Borough of Bromley, so Greater London and therefore covered by Met Police. This has already been covered on another post.

Okay, this is where I assumed he’d returned to work and was under surveillance.

Sarah Everard: 'Murder suspect' Met officer found via CCTV from bus camera | Daily Mail Online

The case has prompted the possibility that perhaps for the first time in the Met's history, armed surveillance officers were watching one of their own firearms officers while he was on duty guarding one of the most important building's in London.

The police insider said: 'There are two possible approaches the Met could have taken when the officer emerged as the main suspect.

'They could have changed his duties slightly and given him a role in which he would not have been required to use a firearm.

'However, there is a risk that he could have twigged that something was up.

'Another option, therefore, would be to maintain his normal duties whilst having an armed capacity on the surveillance team watching him.

'This means that some of those officers could have been armed for his and other's safety.”

I’m much more inclined to believe he was due off work anyway now and that they arrested him before he returned. This is the Daily Mail hypothesising. But this is where I think my mind was going when I’d assumed he had returned to work prior to arrest.

There's been much debate on why she needed to be ID'd through dental records. I can't understand why a policeman would theoretically try and make a body hard to ID when virtually everyone these days knows bodies will be ID'd through DNA.
This leads me to think damage was part of his crime, something he set out to do from the start. Or He thought he could destroy the body to make it easier to dispose of but was caught halfway through the process.

It may be as simple as severe injuries to her face/head where she couldn’t be recognized conclusively by sight. Based on the Met’s statement when they found her they seem to have known it was her (maybe clothes, size, hair) but were waiting on an official ID.

With regards to how he got Sarah in the car, could he have mentioned a false emergency?

Most people in London know that knife crime is a problem. So could he have just pulled up beside her, flashed his badge (and possibly, also had his police radio visible) , and said urgently that there was a knifeman loose nearby and that she should get in?

I know that this is still a stretch, but if he said all the correct things (like he is an officer from so and so division etc..), it may have been enough to get her in the car. JMO

Thinking about the hire car I have so many questions, assuming he hired it himself he would have had to get to Dover to pick it up, did he drive there and leave his car parked somewhere to collect later, did he get a lift or go by public transport? If so what did he say to EC about why he needed a hire car, was his off the road for some reason. If he wasn't due to work on the 3rd I wonder if he pretended he was working or what he told EC he was going to do that day

When did he return the hire car, did he have clean it up, how quickly where the police able to get hold of it for forensic testing? How many miles had it covered during the hire period?

To me this is a strange element of the case and I'll be very interested to find out the full details and reason behind the hire

JMO

Yes, the hire car is a mystery. It does seem premeditated to me.

There's been much debate on why she needed to be ID'd through dental records. I can't understand why a policeman would theoretically try and make a body hard to ID when virtually everyone these days knows bodies will be ID'd through DNA.
This leads me to think damage was part of his crime, something he set out to do from the start. Or He thought he could destroy the body to make it easier to dispose of but was caught halfway through the process.

Isn’t the point likely to have been to remove his traces of DNA rather than make the body hard to identify?

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told | BreakingNews.ie

Good god, this is awful. Knowing this now I wonder (and I’m ever so sorry for being graphic) has he beaten her so badly she was unrecognisable? Poor Sarah, innocently walking home and her life just finished. This is not how its meant to be for anyone :(

Her poor loved ones, I’d never be able to get over this. I really really hope she was unconscious quickly and he didn’t have her alive during the drive into Kent or longer. Horrible, just so awful and heartbreaking.
It makes me so sad and angry to know that there are people out there who feel it’s their right to take a life.

I can recognise at lot of names from the Libby thread, sorry (in the nicest way poss) to have to see you all again so soon :(

I think so, so he wasn’t actually meant to be working and it was extra or cover for someone but if he finished at 7am that morning would he be allowed to start another shift at 2pm? I would expect firearms are particularly strict on this, you wouldn’t want someone sleep deprived in charge of a gun!

No, you're getting mixed up.

He finished the 7pm to 7am shift the day he did the kidnapping.

He finished the 2pm to 8pm shift the day he was arrested.

There was a week between them!

Exactly how do we know that something happened to her body? There have been no reports of this as far as I know, and all I see is people drawing wild conclusions based on their interpretation of the semantics of the reporting. Sorry, but it’s doing my head in, it’s almost like people are gunning for this being more horrible than it already is.

All we know is that she was identified by dental records. I’m not an expert but I can think of many reasons this would be the case. She was identified by sight, but the confirmation was done through dental records for instance. The body was decomposing and didn’t want to put the family through having to see her like that. Maybe her belongings weren’t there. Maybe fingerprints were difficult to obtain, or they had nothing to compare it to. Maybe going to her flat to obtain something with her DNA, analysing both samples and comparing them was more lengthy and troublesome than obtaining dental records.

Unless an expert comes here and says that the only possible scenario ever for dental records to be used is a body being desecrated beyond recognition, this just comes across as macabre gossiping, because we just don’t know that something happened to her body.

I just want to make it clear that I'm far from an expert, but I have some lab (particularly molecular/cell bio) and forensics (academic, not practical) experience. IMO, a DNA match could potentially take longer than an odontology identification purely because they have to have a reference sample (which one would assume they would obtain as soon as they realise they are looking for a body), and then a sample from the body, plus the processing itself. If they have antemortem dental records, then an x-ray of the deceased's oral cavity is all that's needed for comparison.

Particularly during covid restrictions, I could imagine this being used as the only people involved would be the dentist providing the antemortem records, the pathologist/individual carrying out the x-ray, and the forensic odontologist. DNA is, ofc, a great way to identify a body, but forensic odontology is considered a quick, reliable method of identification when there are existing dental records. This is ofc JMO.

Also, I've lurked here for a few years but this is my first post. I don't *think* I'm breaking tos, but if I am I'd be happy to delete.

I think the information that’s being reported from the hearing does make it seem very likely (IMO) that some ruse was used rather than force to get Sarah into the car.

As I considered earlier, it seems most likely that the events did not look suspicious at the time to a passing driver - and only reveal themselves to be so with the benefit of hindsight knowing the appalling way this played out.

Whether it was lockdown laws or protecting her from some kind of threat, we may never know for sure. But using a police warrant would certainly lend credibility to the ruse.

That makes it all the worse - that not only is it a serving police officer who has been charged, but it appears the crime may have involved abusing the trust that people like Sarah have placed in the police.

KentOnline may be the best source for anything regarding that search. There was a photo from ground level that showed a tent there though, and that's available via KentOnline.

It's interesting as the garage isn't exactly in a secluded spot, albeit is set back from the road via the driveway you mention.

I seem to recall that it was stated that that location was deemed a crime scene, but I'm not sure if that was journalistic embellishment! I have photos of the inside of the garage as of a year ago, and I'm not sure whether it's a location that you'd store anything. It's clearly a local spot for graffiti and accessible.

Maybe those photos would be of interest to LE? JMO

I'm not in London but at the start of the 3rd lockdown there were a lot of local issues in my area of police being over zealous in stopping people out and about and it was clarified that walking outside is not against lockdown rules and I can't imagine anyone calmly accepting a warning for doing something perfectly legal but I accept that things might be different in London

JMO

Agreed
That is very interesting. It seems to have "suddenly closed" in the same year as the garage - JMO. And was used to tip a lot of stuff (link above).

Says 2019? Garage closed 2015.

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told | BreakingNews.ie

Good god, this is awful. Knowing this now I wonder (and I’m ever so sorry for being graphic) has he beaten her so badly she was unrecognisable? Poor Sarah, innocently walking home and her life just finished. This is not how its meant to be for anyone :(

Her poor loved ones, I’d never be able to get over this. I really really hope she was unconscious quickly and he didn’t have her alive during the drive into Kent or longer. Horrible, just so awful and heartbreaking.
It makes me so sad and angry to know that there are people out there who feel it’s their right to take a life.

I can recognise at lot of names from the Libby thread, sorry (in the nicest way poss) to have to see you all again so soon :(

I am wondering if he covered her in concrete to disguise her as builder's rubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke