Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I found that tweet from the court reporter a little odd. Of course whatever happened to her was scary - she was abducted from a street on her way home and later turned up dead in a builder's bag.

JMO, but I don't feel like there's anything in that "scary" that adds any extra colour to what I could already imagine happened to this poor woman.

JMO - I took that as a hint that there are reporting restrictions in place (which I think is pretty normal) and that only limited information is to be put in the public domain at this stage. Because it won't be scrutinised in open trial until month in the future, and it would be unfair to have anything other than the very basics available for comment (could prejudice the actual trial?)

Last edited:
I am local to the Clapham / Brixton area and have been doing a lot of thinking about how SE could have ended up in the car. I have walked, driven and cycled up that road numerous times so something that was troubling me was the accused’s ability to stop in a single lane of traffic with both car doors open for an extended period of time. There is enough regular traffic even at night to draw a lot of attention to something like that, especially with hazards on. I was having another look at where the forensics team were focused and the surroundings of Poynders Court. There is a small road that forms a U around the back of Poynders Court with an entry and exit that then comes back onto the main road (the curb is dipped here to make it easier to re-enter). Is it possible the accused went round the back and then actually stopped on the pavement itself (at a 90 degree angle to the direction of the road)? This wouldn’t disrupt traffic and having two front doors open would block the view from the road. He could have either seen SE as he was driving along and went ahead or used this spot as a vantage / watching point as he could have stayed quite far back off the pavement and moved forward easily if needed. The railing and area of curb there was a lot of forensic attention on would also be on the passenger side of the car so would make sense if there was a scuffle on that side. I’m not sure yet how much of the kidnapping included force or coercion but IMO the positioning of the car like this would make sense. JMO

Police cordon off flats in search for missing woman Sarah Everard

I’ve been thinking about this too. I don’t believe that we’ve had any more information on the location of the vehicle or how it was parked/facing.

So when the 2nd bus passes and there’s no mention of any people, could SE have been just placed in the boot by the accused? She wouldn’t be able to get out (if she was still conscious) and while driving no one would have heard/noticed her scream or kick on the inside of the car.

If no one has answered before tomorrow and I know its trivial but I'm going to be near where CMW rentals is/was so I will look and see what it is now and if its still a rental what cars are there while I'm in the area.

And maybe if the cars have dashcams or audio listening or anything, but only if you feel comfortable to do so.

Can somebody please correct me if I am wrong but hasn’t it been stated the car was parked on Poynders Road?

Also these are Bus Cameras and Car Dash Cam so surely they are pointed at the road in front of them. These cameras do not look at cars parked off the side of the road as that would be pointless? They would be placed at the front of the car and look directly onto the road.

I can’t imagine her entering the car on him producing a badge alone. He was in an unmarked car and any one of us would be very weary before this of getting into a car even if a badge was produced.

This is the big unanswered question I hope we get answers for. He must have incapacitated or threatened her.

I go from thinking the accused persuaded her into the car using his police badge to thinking he used just brute force and the element of surprise. The white Astra kind of validates the theory of using his authority because he has unlimited choice in rental car, yet he has chosen to rent the typical Police car in the UK. On the contrary he strikes me as someone who is not emotionally manipulative and more likely to use brute force. But this is just MOO. He could have used several excuses to initiate conversation but whatever he used it worked without anyone noticing.

Referring back to the Irish case of Jastine Valdez, she was kidnapped in broad daylight in a car and this incident, despite being a much more rural area than Central London, was spotted immediately as suspicious and reported to police. It definitely is one of the the big unanswered questions in this case and I'm very curious to find out what happened at that point.

With that term "kidnapped by force" being used (whereas was not for Libby Squire) and with what @lello2 pointed out about the driveway going across the pathway, so dipped kerb and he could have pulled up on it on the pavement and probably just looked like an Uber picking up/dropping off (so no immediate alert in her mind or anyone else's), it makes sense that he could have easily and quickly snatched her (given his training) without anyone even noticing on the night - and hence it was only by chance having the police and bus dashcam footage to study afterwards they worked out what happened.

Even though he most probably could have taken her by force quite quickly (due to his size advantage and training), I still cant quite see that happening. Sure there could have been no people on that stretch of road but there still were vehicle's driving past and properties over looking the scene.

My gut instinct as ive mentioned before is the false emergency scenario. He could have pulled up near her and showed his badge, police radio and urgently said there was a knifeman loose nearby targeting women and that she should get in for her safety.
Just my speculation of course but I do think he got her in that car under some set of false pretenses. IMO

Another way he could her got her in the car is by pointing a deadly weapon at her that was either real of fake.

Of course for us sluthers, how he got her in the car is the million dollor question.

Can somebody please correct me if I am wrong but hasn’t it been started the car was parked on Poynders Road?

Also these are Bus Cameras and Dash Cam so surely they are pointed at the road in front of them. These cameras do not look at cars parked off the side of the road as that would be pointless?

Most have cams facing out of the doors to see people getting on/off which also pick up stuff going past.

Thank you @smucklecrumble for the link about bus CCTV - I now know more than I ever thought I would want to!

There are a range of possible places to put cameras, and we don't know which that bus company uses. So exactly what/where could have been filmed from a bus isn't nailed down

Yes. For all we know there are multiple angles that were captured at each time code as the bus passed. From the front/side or back camera.

Can somebody please correct me if I am wrong but hasn’t it been started the car was parked on Poynders Road?

Also these are Bus Cameras and Car Dash Cam so surely they are pointed at the road in front of them. These cameras do not look at cars parked off the side of the road as that would be pointless? They would be placed at the front of the car and look directly onto the road.
They must have some wider angle other than just than looking at the road, otherwise how would you pick up somebody walking along the pavement? Also as a previous poster has pointed out, bus cams point all over and often do point to the side

I don't know if this fits with the two people on CCTV with both car doors open as there is mention of earlier footage of two people but doesn't specify this is Sarah and WC.
However I wondered if WC tried to stage some kind of incident. The only time I've ever seen two police car door flung and left open is when they are in pursuit, coupled with my husband saying he thought most people would be more suspicious of a police officer operating alone. Could he have have made it look like something was underway and for her own safety Sarah should get in the car?

Yes! Good point! Make it staged and say your colleague is in pursuit and has run around the corner. Meanwhile sit in here for safety until my colleague returns. That does make sense.

Finally caught up!
Just a thought in regards to the arrest of EC, would it be possible that she in fact had contacted the police herself? Perhaps the accused has been acting strangely, saying things, commenting on the case etc, and coupled with something like ‘can you say I was at home if anyone asks, can you wash these muddy clothes’ or similar, this has raised alarm bells to her? I assume if she had done any of these things she would still have to be arrested and questioned for assisting an offender? JMO and speculation.

It doesn't - it says that two people were seen on Poynders Road. And then it says a car was captured twice on buscams (once with hazards on and once with doors open)

"At around 9.35pm, a bus camera captured two figures on Poynders Road and a white Vauxhall Astra with its hazard lights flashing.

"Another bus camera captured the same car with both front doors open"

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

Also bus cams can be placed in various positions round a bus, and no information is available on what layout the buses in question had. Link from earlier in the thread

EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT BUS CCTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member