Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if this has been mentioned but I’m sure EC has changed her username on YouTube but kept the videos up of her children which I find very bizarre.

Having said that, I’m seeing lots of people vilify her on Twitter but she could very well be completely innocent in all this.
There are many cases I’m of men committing heinous crimes and their loved ones having no idea. At the worst they may have thought their partner was having affairs.

Yes until the full facts are known she could be completely innocent. But I guess people want to blame somebody as that’s human nature as wrong as it is.

I feel bad for her and her family as she didn’t commit this crime. It’s not her fault she married a monster and she is equally a victim.

moo

I don’t know if this has been mentioned but I’m sure EC has changed her username on YouTube but kept the videos up of her children which I find very bizarre.

Having said that, I’m seeing lots of people vilify her on Twitter but she could very well be completely innocent in all this.
There are many cases I’m of men committing heinous crimes and their loved ones having no idea. At the worst they may have thought their partner was having affairs.
My opinion is that the wife of the accused has not done anything serious judging by the way she has been treated by the police.

Has something happened in Birmingham? Haven’t seen that in here

I don't want to repost the MSM link but it's a few pages back - personally I think it's not related due to the timescale as the accused was there in 2018 and article is talking possibly historic evidence.

The accused has not yet been tried and we don't know what the outcome will be. That will be for the trial to determine. JMO Gentle reminder about subjudice during this case. Discussion of possible sentencing could suggest assumption of guilt. So we still need to be careful how we discuss IMO.

As per Silly Billy at start of thread

"This case is now under sub-judice.

Under sub-judice, the following is not allowed:

Any non compliance with an Order of the court
Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestions or direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "alleged killer" or the defendant)
A defendant’s previous history of any offences
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges/lawyers, any officer of the Court)
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence.

Please do not post anything that violates the above principles.

Thank you.

ETA for reference: UK Contempt of Court Act 1981"

I'm sorry but that's not how this works. You are absolutely allowed to talk about what the law states about sentencing. No one is stating that the accused is guilty. They are discussing that IF the defendant is found guilty at trial he COULD face XYZ consequence.

I suggest maybe we worry about our own posts and not police other people when they are not violating TOS. If you have a concern about someone's posts, you can report it to the mods. But this is getting excessive.

Can someone tell me (LE professionals here) whether a move to different duties would have been organised by the MET itself OR would have been by application from the PO himself please?

It can be both! Depends on resourcing and need, and having firearms training would absolutely influence it. Transfers are quite common.

Worth saying that it sounds like WC in his policing role never had to deal with the public

I think we need to be careful sharing this as that website is known to be very one-sided in its views and coverage. If we're coming down on sites championing the other side for being more critical of policing and policy, we should probably be coming down on this one too for being very much in the other direction. That they chose to feature this perspective fits in with their remit, and I don't know if this is very relevant to the actual case itself.

When her aunt, actual family as opposed to a friend, was interviewed, she said she hoped Sarah’s death would lead to a change, that it was awful women weren’t safe on the streets, defending the vigil so there are differing perspectives from her loved ones.

Yes he carried a gun and had a high pressured job so surely if he had months of claiming stress and asking for his weapon to be taken away he wouldn’t of been working at that stage anyway?

I asked my LE SO about this (who has also served as a Fire Arms Officer) and he told me that they do Psychometric and other associated tests but nothing he considered to be too 'in-depth'.

As a serving officer, wouldn't he have had to go through mental checks anyway?

It seems unlikely he could go from a serving officer to pleading insanity within a week.

Does seem like clear gaming of the system.
It has been mentioned in previous threads that these assessments are done via self evaluation assessment questionnaires supposedly.

afraid I don’t hAve a link as it was a poster with experience in the field.

Kalli was referring to the fact that the letter from Sarah's friend pleading not to politicise her death was ironically published in Spiked Magazine, which has a far-right bent and is notorious for politicising incendiary issues.
Whatever else it might be, Spiked is not far-right. That’s a daft thing to say.

Officers in the Sarah Everard murder case were this morning dredging drains.

Beth Robson, reporter at the scene, observed them using a machine and scouring through the sludge once it was brought up.

This was at the Guildhall car park in Cattle Market.

Ms Robson said this morning: "They are lifting drain covers, pulling up everything inside and combing it finely to look for any clues."

Officers were particularly centred around Millwall, a pathed area surrounding a stream,and all its entrances and members of the public were being turned away from there.

Ms Robson added: "There has been a dredger arrived and I wonder if that has been used to dredge part of the stream or not been needed."

Search teams dredge drains in Sarah probe

I asked my LE SO about this (who has also served as a Fire Arms Officer) and he told me that they do Psychometric and other associated tests but nothing he considered to be too 'in-depth'.

Thanks for the reply :)

Reading stuff like this scares me because I would hope people in such jobs were routinely assessed to make sure they were ok and able to carry out their duties. So much more is now being done about mental health so I hope we continue to make progress so stuff like this becomes less common.

I don't want to repost the MSM link but it's a few pages back - personally I think it's not related due to the timescale as the accused was there in 2018 and article is talking possibly historic evidence.
I think the article you were referencing was about Biggin Hill, not Birmingham.

Last edited:

Beth Robson, reporter at the scene, observed them using a machine and scouring through the sludge once it was brought up.

Ms Robson said this morning: "They are lifting drain covers, pulling up everything inside and combing it finely to look for any clues."

Officers were particularly centred around Millwall, a pathed area surrounding a stream,and all its entrances and members of the public were being turned away from there.

Ms Robson added: "There has been a dredger arrived and I wonder if that has been used to dredge part of the stream or not been needed."

Thank you for that information @MsMiniSleuth!
JMHO, but I think they're looking for a weapon.

Some dreadful jobs the Police have had to do - searching through drains etc. They are really working hard on this case. Hope they find what they're looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe