Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is firstly, to allow the defendant to make his plea
If his plea is not guilty then the PTP will check to ensure both Prosecution and Defence are ready to go to trial..or to at least confirm that they will be ready by the allotted date in October.
We will not hear anymore details re the case until the trial.
Thanks, that's helpful! x

Re the phone. If the accused felt this was a vital piece of evidence, he had plenty of time to destroy it - sledgehammer? Easy enough to crack a screen even by accident and online videos of how to dismantle an iphone I believe. Which is what makes me think they must have seen a phone being thrown somewhere on the cctv. Maybe the accused's phone? But then he had plenty of time to destroy that too - except his wife might have questioned that?

how will they unlock SE's phone when they find it?
My query would also be, what happens if the sim card has been removed ? I guess the police will already have phone records but there could be other helpful stuff on it perhaps.

SIM cards hold very little data that cannot be retrieved from the phone itself or the phone records. The phone itself will be the target. Even if they don't know if there is relevant info on it, they still need to try and retrieve it, if it's been dumped in the water by WC, it's further evidence linking him to SE...

My query would also be, what happens if the sim card has been removed ? I guess the police will already have phone records but there could be other helpful stuff on it perhaps.

Why would they look specifically for SE's phone? What information can be gathered from it's retrieval? The tower pings, the times of use of the phone, messages, et al have already been confiscated.

It is probably not essential. But if it does get found, in a location potentially having been visited by the accused, with potentially cctv identifying him throwing something into the water here, then unless there is a full video of her last movements indicating someone else is responsible for her death, then I think he would even more explaining to do. Although like I said in an earlier post, if the accused is innocent then he will be hoping that phone is found and found to have evidence that exonerates him (ie he might have thrown it in but then given up the location for some reason as part of his defence. I suspect this is slightly less likely.)

But either way it is likely a very important piece of evidence. But possibly not essential. As I said earlier we have no idea what the prosecution evidence is, or what his defence is. But the police will want to chase down all avenues until they have satisfied they have as water-tight case as possible for their charges. They won’t have charged lightly I wouldn’t imagine (what I mean by that is, this hopefully doesn’t hinge on one random piece of something inconclusive that risks not convincing a jury. Equally, there might be a very compelling defence that we are not aware of yet but that the accused can’t prove without her phone? Trying to be as open-minded and even-handed as possible here until we hear his plea or evidence at trial).

I wondered this so checked trusty ole google lol.
How to Track Phone Without a Sim Card (5 Simple Ways) | My Phone Locater

Will Installing a New SIM Card Delete My Information?

I think these two cover it. The phone itself stored the data. So they’ll likely still see text messages and calls but with the number instead of the contact name that may have been saved on the sim. MOO

In regards to being mentally ill and not just mentally ill but enough to be not guilty due to diminished capacity. People who fall into that category usually always have a history of mental illness, being in and out of the mental health system, they usually don't cover up the crime and hide evidence because they don't think what they did was wrong, they usually don't hold down a job and especially a job in such a high profile position.

That's not to say at the time of the offence the suspect wasn't in some way lacking capacity, I just don't believe, having seen his history that he was mentally unwell and not aware of what he was doing. By all things he was a happily married man, who held down a high ranking job and this is a shocking not in his character thing to have happened.

MOO of course.

Is the pre-trial hearing likely to include more details/evidence/argument from the pros/defence, or does it have another function?

Edit: Is there a better thread to ask these questions about the process? i'm worried about diverting from the issue more than has happ
ened already, lol

Maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself could set up a separate UK legal guide??

@Sillybilly what do you think?

I have a feeling the accused WC might be talking and will plead guilty.

He looks sad and guilty in the drawings from court. Not that I feel sorry for him! He doesn’t look confident or defiant in a way you’d expect someone to look if they are innocent or entitled or delusional.

I just watched a highlight clip of 2 LE on the bank and a diver in the water. One of the LE on the bank of the river sort of moved his arm like you would if you threw something in the river. Perhaps they have CCTV footage of something being thrown into the water and they are trying to find it from that.

Do you mean this clip from the daily mail already linked in this thread?

Police officer accused of kidnapping and murdering Sarah Everard finished his shift in the morning | Daily Mail Online

Hes not very intelligent if he's thrown it in where they are searching imo. I'd say that most people are aware what can be extracted from a phone these days. It would have been much better to destroy it totally then scatter in a larger area. He lives on the coast that would be a more obvious choice imo ( and less likely to be caught on cctv). Maybe he isn't the criminal mastermind I thought he could be. What if it is a weapon they are seeking , its much harder to destroy a weapon imo.

Last edited:
WRT the iPhone....if it was discarded into a body of water it will surely be damaged beyond repair at this point. iPhones are only water resistant at a certain depth and for a specific length of time only. They’re not waterproof so I’m curious as to what may be able to be recovered if it does turn up with significant water damage. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe