Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that is the distinction. In cases of abduction of eg a child by an estranged parent, the child might actually go willingly, but is not supposed to be there. Whereas kidnap is actually “against their will”. So kidnap in this instance could still be quite a short period of time and just refers to the “taking” not necessarily holding against their well. I am guessing that in this instance (MOO) the kidnap charge refers to them knowing somehow (cctv evidence) that she was not a “willing or knowing participant” in getting into his car and that is what he has confessed to as well - we know from his plea that he has agreed she was not a willing participant - we don’t know whether this was because she was kidnapped by “force” or by “fraud”. Although my guess is “force”. Since the police would only at that stage have had the cctv evidence to go on (and would have had no reason to believe she was a willing participant- therefore got into the car voluntarily). Unless he was talking from the moment police arrived on his doorstep, fessed up to everything and told them he tricked her into the car, I can only imagine it was actually a v terrifying ordeal. The forensic investigation at Poynders Court also suggests they were looking for evidence to perhaps support the evidence of struggle that was maybe captured by cctv. And if this was bus camera cctv it would likely only have been a v short set of images, so the forensic examination was to shed light and possibly contextualise the images that might have been unclear. But when they arrested him, initially for kidnap - they must have had some of evidence for this (since at the point of his arrest they didn’t know she was dead).

Not sure that is the distinction. In cases of abduction of eg a child by an estranged parent, the child might actually go willingly, but is not supposed to be there. Whereas kidnap is actually “against their will”
Snipped by me
This explains the distinction so well!

Thank you Lucy, Sherlock and Skigh for clarifying this.

I also think he will try and plead manslaughter - maybe manslaughter by an unlawful and dangerous act? I doubt the defence will think any grounds of diminished responsibility are worth arguing given that WC was employed by LE when the crime was committed. I think the evidence concerning the first two charges, rape and kidnap, is probably too strong to refute, and so pleading guilty to them enables WC/the defence to argue that SE was killed accidentally whilst be raped. WC may plead guilty to the murder charge as well - to save all the details of what he did becoming public and to save his family (and children) from having to go through a trial. I do hope this is the case, for Sarah's loved ones and also for WC's children, but obviously remains to be seen. JMO

Although given the psych/medical assessments that have been ordered, maybe they will try and argue diminished responsibility based on some sort of mental breakdown? Given that it is known WC went back to work prior to his arrest (if I remember correctly) it seems pretty far-fetched (at least in terms of standing up in a court of law)...but who knows (MOO)

I think as above posters have already said that the abduction/ kidnapping was semi caught on various dash cams and pieced together later by LE. There was intensive searching for days around the point where LE put SE when she came into contact with WC, then the car headed out to Kent. Sadly I don’t think SE died that night and I think she was kept prisoner for some time. I fear that the whole dreadful story if it does come out fully will shock us to the core. I think this was far FAR worse( respectfully ) if it ever could be than we imagine. MHO of course. I also think he will run a trial and not plead next month. He comes across to me as arrogant.

Although given the psych/medical assessments that have been ordered, maybe they will try and argue diminished responsibility based on some sort of mental breakdown? Given that it is known WC went back to work prior to his arrest (if I remember correctly) it seems pretty far-fetched (at least in terms of standing up in a court of law)...but who knows (MOO)
I seem to remember earlier reports that he handed in his firearm around the time of SE's disappearance because he was stressed and didn't want the responsibility.

Updated - found various reports in MSM:
Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

"On March 2 he began a 12-hour shift at 7pm before going on leave.

He was due back at work on March 8 but on March 5 he reported that he was suffering from stress.

On March 6 he emailed his supervisor to say he did not want to carry a firearm anymore."

Whether this stress was genuine as a result of what he'd done/fear of being caught or he was already thinking of his options, who knows - but his behaviour in custody suggests he wasn't calmly plotting his defence (banging his head etc)

The judge will pass sentencing remarks. Details will be within that document which the public will have access to. Also the MSM will no doubt publish all the horrific details as at present reporting restrictions in place. After that sadly it will be a free for all. This case hurts my heart.

I seem to remember earlier reports that he handed in his firearm around the time of SE's disappearance because he was stressed and didn't want the responsibility.

Updated - found various reports in MSM:
Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

"On March 2 he began a 12-hour shift at 7pm before going on leave.

He was due back at work on March 8 but on March 5 he reported that he was suffering from stress.

On March 6 he emailed his supervisor to say he did not want to carry a firearm anymore."

Whether this stress was genuine as a result of what he'd done/fear of being caught or he was already thinking of his options, who knows - but his behaviour in custody suggests he wasn't calmly plotting his defence (banging his head etc)

Based on this timeline, I think SE was killed between 3 and 5 March. Maybe he didn't want to carry a firearm for fear of using it on himself or others.

A number of posts have said that SE's kidnap was premeditated. What is this theory based on? Even if it wasn't a spur of the moment attack, it doesn't seem to be very well thought through at all.

I think things escalated and he panicked. Doesn't make the crime any less horrific, but I would be surprised if he has killed SO before (and LE would have even more to answer for). I really hope SE was his first and last victim. JIMO

Last edited:
Does this then imply that SE was held captive by WC before her death? Rather than abducted, raped and murdered fairly quickly?

This is what's plagued my mind... When he was 1st caught I just had the conclusion he abducted and killed on the same night and spent the rest of the time before he was arrested disposing of evidence.. But if he has kept her captive somewhere like his old garage they searched then it's horrific what she must have gone through that poor woman.. What a *advertiser censored*

June 13 2021
Women united by death of Sarah Everard on mission to make Manchester safer
''They were united following the death of Sarah Everard.

Now a group of women from Manchester have made it their mission to make the city's streets a safer place.

The Right to Walk MCR campaign began when Daisy Whitehouse and other women living in the city were triggered by the events that led to Miss Everard's death.''

"The question of whether I should park here or the really expensive car park because I know it’s safer.

"Getting the train or bus home after a night out is constantly terrifying."

After holding a virtual vigil for Sarah Everard, Daisy and the group decided to keep the momentum going.

"We felt like some of the conversations that had started after Sarah's death were starting to move away a bit," she said.''

I read your post as you do not feel he will plead guilty tomorrow.

I really have not decided which way he will plead.

I would be interested to hear other people's views.

Oh sorry, perhaps I was reading too literally. :oops:

I really have no idea which way he'll jump either. Both seem equally possible to me. Since I joined WS my capacity to be surprised has diminished greatly tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member