Found Deceased UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do a similar journey from London to my home in Kent, Ashford is almost an hour on, I can’t even imagine.

Something I don’t understand is if the accused was off duty that day why would he travel from home-to London to find a victim-and back to Kent to carry out a murder? There are women in Kent. It makes me think there was perhaps not an intention to kill but it happened and that’s where he ended up, back in Kent. JMO.
Perhaps the opportunity did not present itself in Kent. Sarah kind of walked into his path in a way, and these predators are opportunists. Also, we don't yet know what he did or did not do near in Kent...

For a moment I thought you meant you were in the middle of cooking dinner when they took it away!!! :D

Do the officers in the van just sit in there in shifts on rotation throughout the day and night guarding the house now?
Lol no xx
Yes they just all sit in van, for hours. Another van turns up that one pulls off and new one replaces it, maybe one small police car every now and then but they all stay in cars xx

Given the sub-judice rules about "Jurors are not to be privy to any prior history or suggestions of prior crimes," would MSM be able to report if the searches uncover that other similar type crimes have occurred? If additional charges were brought against a suspect, would those charges be announced?
I'd imagine they would, but I think it would be a different case unless it became an added charge.. like a superseding indictment... not sure, just a guess.

Re: Identification

Just listening to Lucy Manning's report on the BBC News at Ten and she said Sarah had to be identified by dental records so it still isn't completely clear. Could be poor/lazy reporting.

Yes not clear as the prosecutor in court said had been.....

"Ms Martin said Ms Everard was reported missing by her boyfriend on March 4 and that a body discovered on March 10 in a wooded area of Ashford, Kent, had been formally identified as the missing woman using dental records.''

Sarah Everard’s body found in builder’s bag, court told

I don't know how reporters could know anything more than them or Cressida Dick and it all gets a bit Chinese whispery IMO! I do wonder if C. Dick said 'appears to be human remains' because she was not there herself, so really she was just being accurate.

I do a similar journey from London to my home in Kent, Ashford is almost an hour on, I can’t even imagine.

Something I don’t understand is if the accused was off duty that day why would he travel from home-to London to find a victim-and back to Kent to carry out a murder? There are women in Kent. It makes me think there was perhaps not an intention to kill but it happened and that’s where he ended up, back in Kent. JMO.

Perhaps he’d told his wife he was off to work that evening and decided that London was a safer bet / more anonymity.

If we’re thinking he finished his shift at 7am, maybe he drove home, caught up on some sleep, then left for ‘work’ late afternoon. Realistically he couldn’t hang around his local town centre, so perhaps thought he’d continue with the pretence of going to work and chose to drive to London.

Or it could have been an even less calculated decision. His mind unraveling, not thinking logically, he just drove his usual route and didn’t decide on a plan until he hit the city.

JMO.

Last edited:

The suspected perpetrator finished work at 7am in London after a 12 hour shift and was somehow in London again that evening. I don't think he went home after work because he'd have had no sleep - not safe to do the journey. So maybe stayed in London. On the other hand there's the issue of when the the alleged perpetrator hired the hire car. If he stayed in London he must have already hired the car from Dover (although someone pointed out with big companies you can hire it in one location and drop it off in another).

So either he stayed in London, hired a car there and dropped it off in Dover (maybe just left it on the forecourt overnight). Or returned it next day (4th March) after leaving it somewhere the night before (yet the camera tracking shows it going fromm London to Dover which suggests one journey). Or he got the train back home after the 7am finish, dozed on the train, had a kip at home and told his wife he had to go back for a 2pm to 8pm shift. But that doesn't kind of add up as that's a lot of travelling back from London and back again to London in one morning with no sleep the night before.

Just lost myself a bit there! All supposition MOO.

Last edited:
For all dental records ID might not be that unusual, there is the suggestion IMO that the body may not be in a good state due to the wording "appear to be" human remains and maybe due to the post mortem being inconclusive. Although later it was reported as a body and would decomposition make post mortem results inconclusive? MOO, supposition.

Oh I agree that dental ID as a matter course is vastly preferable for everyone in a case like this but it was just the word 'had' versus 'was' is pretty important and one I would expect the BBC to be accurate about.

I've just watched some urban exploring from a month ago inside the garage and it really is in bad shape,still can't rule it out I guess but as mentioned in previous threads they weren't there long enough for it to have been immediate interest, huge though, the grounds I'm not familiar with x
Watched that last night, really delapidated and big, but was thinking that any little dogs sent in would've probably thouroughly checked it out fast, bless those little souls, only my thoughts...

Last edited:
Just looked at my own link again on the other page. The car was reported as hired in Dover - and tracked from London to Kent. So he definitely hired it in Dover, not London IMO. Which suggests to me accused maybe hired it on 2nd BEFORE going to London for the 7pm to 7am shift (left home, went to hire car place, hired the car, drove to London. Slept somewhere during the day in London then out that night in the hire car. So does sound premeditated. MOO, speculation.

Could have slept at a room at Poynders and hence why the car was already there. MOO, speculation.

Last edited:
Hi all,

First time on WS for a long time.

Devastated by this case. Sarah was my age, in a similar kind of job. I lived in London until lockdown 1 and would frequently walk home and about in the dark. Lived on an ex-council estate that non-locals would probably call quite dodgy.

So many parallels between her life and mine.

Just on thread 7 but trying to get caught up.

Her poor family and poor Sarah

Just looked at my own link again on the other page. The car was reported as hired in Dover - and tracked from London to Kent. So he definitely hired it in Dover, not London IMO. Which suggests to me accused maybe hired it on 2nd BEFORE going to London for the 7pm to 7am shift (left home, went to hire car place, hired the car, drove to London. Slept somewhere during the day in London then out that night in the hire car. So does sound premeditated. MOO, speculation.

Could have slept at a room at Poynders and hence why the car was already there. MOO, speculation.

I know LE has section houses in London — the accused could have stayed in one during the day, following his shift? A LE friend of mine stayed in one during a marriage breakdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth