UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps rose-tinted glasses but I struggle to believe they knew WC was the person in question and did nothing about it. I very much hope so.

I think it's more likely that the matter wasn't taken seriously. These types of incidents are not uncommon, around 100 (reported) a year in both Lambeth and Wandsworth. They're lucky if 10% are proceeded against. If the perp is unidentifiable or unknown to the local police force there's not an awful lot to go on in a city not short on crime.

Should these types of crimes be taken more seriously? Yes. But that needs a concerted effort to properly fund the police and for the public to make their voices heard on these matters - genuine activism that is about building not demolishing. Cuts have seriously impacted the ability of the police to do their job effectively, and (at the risk of getting political) militant activism that paints them as the enemy is wholly unhelpful. Trust is a two-way street and it needs to be rebuilt on both sides. Destroying one side of the street helps no one.

Remember that recent governments have essentially defunded front line policing.

It's not that it is not taken seriously but rather police on the ground have no time to investigate matters seriously. It is why so much talent leaves the force early

I would tend to believe that WC is a psychopath and has paraphilia disorder.

Psychopathy is a personality disorder manifested in people who use a mixture of charm, manipulation, intimidation and occasionally violence to control others and satisfy their own selfish needs.

Paraphilic disorders are recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies, urges, or behaviors that are distressing or disabling and that involve inanimate objects, children or nonconsenting adults, or suffering or humiliation of oneself or the partner with the potential to cause harm.

JMO MOO

I see a lot of people saying that Sarah wouldn't have just gotten in an unmarked police car because she was too professional or savvy or whatever. Aside from being victim blaming, respectfully, none of us (I think) knew her and we can't assume from what we've seen in the media about her background that she would respond a certain way when confronted by an authority figure telling her to do something. Women are raised to be polite and nice and not rock the boat, even if we're independent, successful women so a natural reaction to authority may be to just do what they say or trust them implicitly.

Thank you for this, I’ve read too many ideas on what SE would or wouldn’t have done, and what sleuthers personally would of done in regards to the car. It wasn’t helpful and didn’t feel right. We have had so many posts like that now, hopefully they will stop. You are completely right, we don’t know her so we can’t say. She may have been very street smart and savvy, she may not have been - in that situation who knows what happened and therefore her reaction. I know we want to try and figure out what happened but it’s a lot of posts saying the same things

I think its possible he went there as a kid to paintball or knew it from younger years

Thanks, that's a possible connection I was wondering about, will try to check this angle out. So basically an area he knew from his childhood, not particularly scenic by all accounts, yet he took his wife 30 miles from their home to visit and walk around, and now it's a potential crime scene. Hmm ...

Remember that recent governments have essentially defunded front line policing.

It's not that it is not taken seriously but rather police on the ground have no time to investigate matters seriously. It is why so much talent leaves the force early

The police have been doing the wrong thing for 50 years. If it was funded more, there would just be more police searching for Sarah’s body - rather than anyone preventing her death.

What this country (and London) needs are visible patrols, on foot, to prevent crime from happening in the first place.

It’s no use the police rushing, blue lights flashing, to the scene of the crime after it has already happened. They aren’t going to un-mug, un-stab, or un-murder you.

Can I just say the Police have been out in huge force over this case - to the point it has amazed most people and I don't think knocking them helps this case.

We don't know why the Indecent Exposure wasn't deal with sooner, but there were delays. But they did link the two cases and moved swiftly then.

IMO the investigation by a part of the force other than the Met is because the suspect is in the Met - and it is more appropriate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member