UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for this, I’ve read too many ideas on what SE would or wouldn’t have done, and what sleuthers personally would of done in regards to the car. It wasn’t helpful and didn’t feel right. We have had so many posts like that now, hopefully they will stop. You are completely right, we don’t know her so we can’t say. She may have been very street smart and savvy, she may not have been - in that situation who knows what happened and therefore her reaction. I know we want to try and figure out what happened but it’s a lot of posts saying the same things

With respect, I think that is the point of this forum? To discuss, debate and ponder different possibilities and hopefully find some sort of answer. Nobody is saying one thing or another definitely happened, but people are discussing the possibility of such (as many will be behind closed door in their own houses, only difference is this is a public forum).

I've seen very little (mercifully) victim blaming on this thread, only people (often women) empathising with being in her shoes in the evening and walking alone and considering what we may have done. Especially, being that this has touched the hearts of most if not every woman who has followed this case, due to the unsafety we often feel when simply going about our business.

Contrary to what you wrote about hoping these posts stop, I hope they continue, I hope women continue to share their input on this thread on what they might have felt or done. It's important to talk about.

The scene on Poynders road is still a bit of an enigma.

It appears that the lead to him came from a bus camera, they would have surely already checked all cctv from there as it was only a few minutes walk on from her last location.

So did the bus camera pick up the actual abduction?

If it was just the car driving around that area I wonder what led them to do such a specific search of just a few meters of pavement and the small grass park behind.

If it just captured more general footage of the car or her in the car you would expect the search area to be much wider

Long time member here, but I rarely post. First I want to send positive thoughts and heart-felt prayers to Sarah's family, friends and all that loved her. She sounds like an amazing woman. My heart also goes out to the whole community that is going to need a lot of healing after this.

Because it's not just those two - there are four others

Wondering if one or more relate to how police responded to first call reporting her missing. Hope not

It is standard practice for a police force to refer themselves to the IOPC in the case of a missing person case, which becomes a criminal enquiry into their kidnap or death etc. The IOPC have referred the investigation into the kidnap and murder back to the Metropolitan Police.

The same applies to serving police officers arrested for serious offences and where suspects sustain injuries or die whilst in police custody.

With respect, I think that is the point of this forum? To discuss, debate and ponder different possibilities and hopefully find some sort of answer. Nobody is saying one thing or another definitely happened, but people are discussing the possibility of such (as many will be behind closed door in their own houses, only difference is this is a public forum).

I've seen very little (mercifully) victim blaming on this thread, only people (often women) empathising with being in her shoes in the evening and walking alone and considering what we may have done.

And don’t forget her own family stated she would not have got in a car. Sarah Everard's family say 'she wouldn't take a lift with stranger'

Yet other posters feel they know better and everyone else is victim blaming...

The police have been doing the wrong thing for 50 years. If it was funded more, there would just be more police searching for Sarah’s body - rather than anyone preventing her death.

What this country (and London) needs are visible patrols, on foot, to prevent crime from happening in the first place.

It’s no use the police rushing, blue lights flashing, to the scene of the crime after it has already happened. They aren’t going to un-mug, un-stab, or un-murder you.
Who needs police on foot after this. I know 99 per cent of people are ‘sane’ but my trust issues have definitely intensified

I’m still interested in the idea that WC hired a car. As reported on MSM. When did he do this? Where from and were the numberplates discovered on Rodenhurst Road connected with this?

I think it appears he wasn't as clever with the number plate situation as you'd would expect of a PO. Why would he dump the no. plates rather than taken them with him and dispose of them as well as it appears he has done to poor SE's body. MOO

Edited because my post isn't clear - I don't think the dumped number plates are related (but god knows what's going on in this case tbh). But I would have expected him as a PO to not risk using the same number plates to commit crimes around London - completely stupid surely. MOOO

Last edited:
If the restaurant was in or close to the abduction, I wonder if it was a case of misidentification in targeting SE. I wonder if she's physically similar to the victim of the IE.
This whole case is just horrible. I feel so desperately sad for SE and her friends and family.

Thanks, that's a possible connection I was wondering about, will try to check this angle out. So basically an area he knew from his childhood, not particularly scenic by all accounts, yet he took his wife 30 miles from their home to visit and walk around, and now it's a potential crime scene. Hmm ...

theres a series of geocaches nearby....lots of people with children take part in this as a hobby. i know we do! may be a reason why they stumbled upon this area.....it takes us all over the place.

Thank you for this, I’ve read too many ideas on what SE would or wouldn’t have done, and what sleuthers personally would of done in regards to the car. It wasn’t helpful and didn’t feel right. We have had so many posts like that now, hopefully they will stop. You are completely right, we don’t know her so we can’t say. She may have been very street smart and savvy, she may not have been - in that situation who knows what happened and therefore her reaction. I know we want to try and figure out what happened but it’s a lot of posts saying the same things

Completely agree with this. And to add to this none of us at all have any idea how we'd react in that situation. Perhaps disorientated from walking in the dark and being accosted while listening to music through our headphones - even at home it takes me a couple of seconds to tune in if someone tries to get my attention when I have my headphones in. And who knows what adding the flash of a warrant card or weapon would do. There is no way we could put ourselves in that sort of situation and predict how we'd react.

I’m still interested in the idea that WC hired a car. As reported on MSM. When did he do this? Where from and were the numberplates discovered on Rodenhurst Road connected with this?

Perhaps he had it waiting for when he returned?

I was shocked to see this link earlier which rather alarmingly looked like a struggle in the Seat Estate WS owns or is remarkably similar. I believe it has been reported by another sleuther earlier in the chain, you can see the back windows go up and down repeatedly and the driver appears to shift to the back. It's probably clearer on the full site though.

https://livetrains.co.uk/jamCams/archive/00001.03901/vid/1614808846.mp4

It appears that the lead to him came from a bus camera, they would have surely already checked all cctv from there as it was only a few minutes walk on from her last location.

If it was just the car driving around that area I wonder what led them to do such a specific search of just a few meters of pavement and the small grass park behind.

If it just captured more general footage of the car or her in the car you would expect the search area to be much wider

and if it just picked up his car would they not have simply gone and asked him about it rather than as it seems keep him under surveillance for a while ?

I would say they only realised it was him after they worked out he’d taken SE.
That might well be the case. We will find out in due course I suspect. Without that information we don't know enough to draw any conclusions.

and if it just picked up his car would they not have simply gone and asked him about it rather than as it seems keep him under surveillance for a while ?

If he did indecently expose himself, what if he was wearing a face covering/mask - would have been harder to ID him maybe?

True. But if you don't even start an investigation, you'll definitely not get to the point of an arrest.

Maybe if they'd done everything perfectly, they still would not have identified him in time (mask obscuring features on CCTV?) Did they really do enough?

IMO he told his wife sort of taradiddle about the IE (perhaps presenting it as prank being misunderstood) but how it could wreck his career. So please would she say he was home by X o'clock on 3rd, because that'll save his job.

When she's questioned, the taradiddle comes out first. It's only later on that the enormity dawns on her, and she tells them enough to identify the real date of an under-investigated IE, for which they could swiftly identify him. Especially now they were trying to place him there. (As opposed to looking at footage and wondering 'how do we find out who that is?' - if they even got that far)

In my old town there were quite a few serial flashers. A group was set up for women in the area to post about it and carroborate their stories. Lots of reports were made to police but I don't think much was ever done about it, one woman was able to correctly identify one of the men to the police and they did say they would talk to him but they did use the excuse of him having 'poor mental health' to excuse the act and I don't think it was taken any further.

My point is, I would be really interesting in seeing what the correct protocol is in handling reports of IE. Was WC caught doing it after CCTV was reviewed and was formally warned prior to the SE abduction but just given a smack on the wrist? Or was the report made to the police, a description given matching his with the CCTV footage, which may not have been viewed and then officially confirmed once his photo was all over the media?

I did mention I didn't want to speculate - but it's so hard to stomach the idea that the met knew he had IE himself to a woman and didn't go harder on him. So many what ifs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton