UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to chime in on the number plates thing; I’m part of the local “next door” community. The number plates (presuming they are the same ones) are related to a separate unrelated incident where a local who’s car is usually parked on or around abbeville road (a few roads away from rodenhurst) was stolen. It’s a well known locally parked classic car that went missing around the time of the SE disappearance. The car was later recovered and the number plates were found on the side of a road nearby

Can’t help but think if he was investigated and stripped of his badge for the first IE, he would have still murdered someone, whether his wife and children, or someone else.IMO

This is no ones fault but his own. However, I hope it does encourage a 0 tolerance policy with behaviours like flashing, I know of some really disturbing cases from friends. Police need to start encouraging this behaviour to be reported, and following it up / creating records.

A previous poster mentioned she had been contact/ harassed on social media by WC some years ago (I can’t find the post), but I hope this has been reported and is being taken seriously.

Did you also report. It must be horrible to find. It’s horrible to view.
As a poster said above me, it can't be him. The police would have scoured this route. I focused on the similarity of the car to his. I was trying to reconcile in my mind how this has happened, so i stuck to the cameras to provide some answers. Of course there are none.

Someone mentioned the wing mirror didn't have flashing lights, that he had a hire car. Etc. Also it's so low res you could imagine all sorts of things, I've seen them on the other cameras. Rain on the lense, bad compression artifacts. It's just mainly knowing that he may well have been passing this very road, with poor Sarah in the back, or something worse. At that time.

I'm lost for words as to why anyone would do this. Yeah I know - he's a psychopath. But seriously, it's *advertiser censored****g horrendous beyond all imagination.

I would assume this South London McDonalds is the one in Clapham but just a guess. Also, it has no drive through, meaning you order the food on an app and they bring it to the car. (The indecent exposure could have happened in a car park, or with WC still sitting in the car.)

Sarah Everard suspect: Met faces inquiry over indecent exposure claim

Customers can go in an order at McDonald’s and wait for there food as normal. Just no sitting down. There aren’t any drive through McDonald’s in the area really, closest is Wandsworth..

Possibly but even if he did use a card payment, I don’t know how quickly police could obtain that information from the card processing company and then the bank. I know when a card receipt is printed it doesn’t contain full card details so they would need to contact the processor to get this info and then the bank. I mean flashing is horrific but I don’t know if any urgency would be given to this report over others.
Edit just responding to WC possibly being identified from the flashing incident via his card payment, if he used one.

H
Indeed I have been playing this on and off all day. There is an awful lot of front and back seat movement. I am CONVINCED in the very last frame (where is finishes) her head appears. Especially in full screen mode.
He abducted her in a hire car not the SEAT he owned

I've been flashed in the past a couple of times (when we didn't carry phones) and the best way I can describe the moment , was surreal. It's kind of like 'am I actually seeing this!' Taking a photo on a phone would have been the last thing I would have thought about. So I just can't see that would have happened IMO.

Yeah, the reaction is to get away from the creep to safety as fast as you can.

Not to take a photo.

I find this bit really scary. I wonder if he was lurking in the background waiting for her to finish her phone call. Would he have had to have been listening in outside the car, or could he have had access to data from her mobile within his car, so he knew when the call finished?

I think that's quite likely
And for that to work, he'd need to be watching from somewhere on foot, as a stopped or kerb crawling car would be just too conspicuous
Possibly easier as a pedestrian to engage with her, dupe her with warrant card, and get her to move to a good spot to bundle her into darkness of the estate and get her into a vehicle

With respect, I think that is the point of this forum? To discuss, debate and ponder different possibilities and hopefully find some sort of answer. Nobody is saying one thing or another definitely happened, but people are discussing the possibility of such (as many will be behind closed door in their own houses, only difference is this is a public forum).

I've seen very little (mercifully) victim blaming on this thread, only people (often women) empathising with being in her shoes in the evening and walking alone and considering what we may have done. Especially, being that this has touched the hearts of most if not every woman who has followed this case, due to the unsafety we often feel when simply going about our business.

Contrary to what you wrote about hoping these posts stop, I hope they continue, I hope women continue to share their input on this thread on what they might have felt or done. It's important to talk about.

Thank you for posting this emstarr, I appreciate you voicing the need for women to share their input. I assume Quackquackquack has taken issue with original post in which I theorised the possible scenarios that may have led to SE entering WC's car. Let me clarify first and foremost, I am absolutely not in any way trying to undermine Sarah or in any way victim-blame her. I'm not trying to make assumptions about her character or get some weird kick out of speculating what may or may not have happened that night. I think I speak for all the young women on here when I say that her murder has absolutely sickened me to my core, to the point where I couldn't leave my flat for days without the company of my flatmate, even during the day. The exact same happened to me two years ago, following Libby Squire's death, which still chills me to this day. My intention with the post was to simply voice that I cannot make any sense of why this sickening murder happened and how it could have happened in this day and age. I guess my way of trying to get to grips with the situation is to try and put myself in the shoes of Sarah and empathise with how the poor girl was feeling in the moments that led to her death. Sarah's disappearance has resonated strongly with me because I grew up very close to Clapham and am very familiar with the area. I have two younger sisters and each of us have been on many nights out in Clapham, so this has really hit each of us very hard. The thought that Sarah could have easily been one of my sisters or female friends feels all too real and chills me to my core. Anyway, I don't want to rabbit on and inflame anyone. I just wanted to clear the air on any misconceptions made about my original post and its intent.

Well I always thought the footage from the bus was obtained later. Can imagine after trawling through all the traffic cam CCTV, then going to bus companies, waiting for them to come back it may take time...? But don't know.

I don't think this looks like his car though? It's an SUV. His SEAT was an estate if I remember correctly.

I've seen others speculate that the scene at Poynders was a bit of a diversion to allow WC to be arrested on his return from work that day? Still think it's a relevant scene though but a possibility perhaps.
Yep you might be correct just that people are giving it added credence in their own mind because it looks like a SEAT (in their view). Footage is disturbing tho

Sorry I may well have missed this with how quickly things have moved. Is it a fact that there is a third car that is hired rather than one of the two cars at his house being paid for under some sort of contract that would equate to being hired? Sorry, just thinking of the multitude of options when it comes to buying a car these days!

I may have missed something but we need a link to the hire car mention if possible just for clarification if anyone has it please?

I'm a little confused about the 'hire car' TBH

How would they know it was him? How should they investigate?

CCTV from the fast food restaurant (or drive thru) number plate taken...linked to his card or the hire car in his name. Credit/Debit card details from when he paid. Physical description, maybe still had MET uniform on? Loads of ways he could be identified.

Sorry I may well have missed this with how quickly things have moved. Is it a fact that there is a third car that is hired rather than one of the two cars at his house being paid for under some sort of contract that would equate to being hired? Sorry, just thinking of the multitude of options when it comes to buying a car these days!

The inference from the press based on what the police said is that he was in a hire car. I doubt very much that they would refer to a car bought on PPI as a hire car. That would be unusual. The inference is definitely that it was not one of their family cars, therefore we should rule out any footage of SEATs or 107s being relevant.

Can’t help but think if he was investigated and stripped of his badge for the first IE, he would have still murdered someone, whether his wife and children, or someone else.IMO

This is no ones fault but his own. However, I hope it does encourage a 0 tolerance policy with behaviours like flashing, I know of some really disturbing cases from friends. Police need to start encouraging this behaviour to be reported, and following it up / creating records.

A previous poster mentioned she had been contact/ harassed on social media by WC some years ago (I can’t find the post), but I hope this has been reported and is being taken seriously.

Agreed. Regardless of whether he'd been disciplined it doesn't mean he wouldn't have gone on to do something like this to someone else. Maybe not Sarah, but potentially another poor unsuspecting soul. JMO.

SBM

Well I always thought the footage from the bus was obtained later. Can imagine after trawling through all the traffic cam CCTV, then going to bus companies, waiting for them to come back it may take time...? But don't know

Good point. However another poster upthread pointed out that F&F have appealed again for witnesses. I would infer from this that the actual abduction/attack/act has not been captured on camera (or surfaced yet).

(From earlier this afternoon/evening: Sarah Everard disappearance: Family pay tribute to 'kind and strong' missing woman as suspect treated in hospital for head injury)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ray@Payton