UK UK - Sarah Everard, 33, London - Clapham Common area, 3 March 2021 *Arrests* #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The neighbour @LeopardLeotard has kindly reconfirmed that no third car was removed from outside the Couzens house on the night of the arrest so the whole issue of the hire car remains a big mystery. Of course as it was part of WC subterfuge there are reasons for him to have parked the hire car elsewhere (if this car even existed). Would note that in the early part of the search of the Great Chart Golf Course area a reference was made to a burnt out car being seen at this location. I quote this snippet below snd story link.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sarah-everard-missing-police-search-23656635.amp

“A burnt-out silver Ford Focus was seen in the grounds just inside the gates beside a large pile of rubbish.“

Wow. So they identified him as a flasher before SE murder, but it was put on the back burner? Not taken seriously? Even with CCTV of the incident!

MOO

Name of owner doesn’t necessarily mean WC. If he was using a hire car or someone else’s car (I’m thinking of the term “car that has been linked to the suspect” that has been used) then perhaps the name they found wasn’t WC and had yet to find a link to him. If, of course, it was him.

Latest Evening Standard article puts a bit of a different spin on the indecent exposure incident which it is now reported happened at a McDonalds.

“It is understood that the officers had carried out a number plate check on a vehicle after the offence was reported online and obtained the name of its owner. But they had yet to carry out an interview.”

So it seems that WC was a flasher and the victims at the restaurant reported online and his car number plate was caught on CCTV (maybe on MCDonald drive-thru cameras?) or else reported by witnesses. Police had not yet followed up. It’s not as if WC had been named in person for this IE offence and was directly under suspicion in the run up to his attack on SE.

Police probe if Sarah Everard suspect linked to other crimes

BBM
But he had been named once they obtained the name of the person who owned the vehicle? Unless of course the owner and driver were different people, in which case they had a different name at the time. MOO, but the "issue" is whether they discovered WC's name in relation to the reported IE incident before the disappearance of SE.

"Reported Online" is an interesting and specific inclusion there. That suggests that the Restaurant reported the alleged incident via an online reporting tool? I wonder if that affects the time taken to investigate it.

I’ve been thinking more about the referrals to the IPOC, not the referral because of the injury WC received in custody as that referral would have been standard procedure, but more specifically the conduct of the investigating officers of the IE incident. I wonder whether:

1) The IE complaint may not have been investigated immediately as it could have been deemed low priority when weighed up against other crimes that were being investigated. I’m not saying this is right, but it could have been put in a pile of other cases and not necessary at the top of the pile because nobody was physically harmed.

2) As above, but swept under the rug not because it was “low priority”, but because it was determined that the suspect was a Met Officer and they didn’t want the bad press.

3) It was being investigated, but WC was kept on duty and being monitored (line of duty style) and fell off the radar, rather than being suspended pending investigation.

Regardless, people suspected of committing IE offences need to be dealt with promptly as we know based on this case (and Libby) that this behaviour can escalate. With the press surrounding this case, I hope that a new law is passed so that the police approach to IE offenders has to change, and that these offenders are removed from our streets before they go on to kill.

The Times and The Mirror reported that a burnt-out silver Ford Focus could be seen in the grounds of Great Chart Gold and Leisure where LE were searching. Was this the hired car used to abduct Sarah?

The Kentish Express had this photo (attached) from the site - an old dumped ford ka but there is plenty of other debris on the site. Burning a hire car could be noticed by the neighbouring property too.
Capture.PNG

I've a feeling this latest update will be significant!
I would have thought the Police would have searched the field directly behind the house before now, will be interesting if they have found something there!
I'm really puzzled by the way there is still such large scale searches going on in separate locations. They have found the body , what else could they be spending so much manpower and time searching for? A phone maybe?

Wow. So they identified him as a flasher before SE murder, but it was put on the back burner? Not taken seriously? Even with CCTV of the incident!

MOO

I believe the IE incident was a few days before SE disappeared. Not sure how long it takes to act on such reports or what priority it would be, but doesn't necessarily mean it was put on the back burner as such.

I’ve been thinking more about the referrals to the IPOC, not the referral because of the injury WC received in custody as that referral would have been standard procedure, but more specifically the conduct of the investigating officers of the IE incident. I wonder whether:

1) The IE complaint may not have been investigated immediately as it could have been deemed low priority when weighed up against other crimes that were being investigated. I’m not saying this is right, but it could have been put in a pile of other cases and not necessary at the top of the pile because nobody was physically harmed.

2) As above, but swept under the rug not because it was “low priority”, but because it was determined that the suspect was a Met Officer and they didn’t want the bad press.

3) It was being investigated, but WC was kept on duty and being monitored (line of duty style) and fell off the radar, rather than being suspended pending investigation.

Regardless, people suspected of committing IE offences need to be dealt with promptly as we know based on this case (and Libby) that this behaviour can escalate. With the press surrounding this case, I hope that a new law is passed so that the police approach to IE offenders has to change, and that these offenders are removed from our streets before they go on to kill.

1 or 3 would provoke a discussion and certainly raise serious questions. But 2 would be horrific.

I've a feeling this latest update will be significant!
I would have thought the Police would have searched the field directly. behind the house before now, will be interesting if they have found something there !
I'm really puzzled by the way there is still such large scale searches going on in separate locations. They have found the body , what else could they be spending so much manpower and time searching for? A phone maybe?
I can tell you that they definitely did not search all of it, at all in the last few days, today they have really paid attention to directly behind property, in a line, walking slowly back and forth x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tametn