UK - Shay Kang, 10, Murder, 4th March 2024, Rowley Regis

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Amonet

Reaction score
"Shay Kang, aged 10, was discovered with injuries at an address in Robin Close, Rowley Regis, West Midlands, at about 12:10 GMT on Monday, police said.

She was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 33-year-old woman, understood to be known to the girl, was arrested on suspicion of murder and remained in custody, the force added."

A woman arrested on suspicion on murdering a 10-year-old girl was reportedly seen laughing as she was taken away by police, claim neighbours.

The young victim has been named locally as popular schoolgirl Shay Kang. The schoolgirl was tragically found dead at her home in Rowley Regis, West Midlands on Monday, March 4 at around lunchtime. Shocked locals claimed a woman was seen allegedly laughing maniacally as she was led from the terraced property by cops.
Moving tributes addressed to "Shay" was left at the scene earlier today, reports the Mirror. A local on the Brickhouse Estate posted on Facebook: “People who live nearby, who saw the arrest go down, saw her laughing as she was arrested.” Neighbours said Shay may have been dead in the house for up to two days before police were called. One mum, who lives three doors down, said: “I had seen the little girl out playing last week.

"She seemed a bit shy but just a normal kid. My neighbours say they hadn’t seen her since before the weekend. Lots of people are saying she could have been dead for two days in the house before she was found.”

A 10-year-old girl whose mother has been charged with her murder has still not been buried as coroners need parental permission to release her body, the girl's godmother has said.
Shay Kang was fatally stabbed and found dead at a house in Rowley Regis, West Midlands, on 4 March.
Her mother, Jaskirat Kaur, also known as Jasmine Kang, was charged with her murder and Shay's father is thought to have never met his daughter.
Kayleigh Coclough, the 10-year-old's godmother, told the BBC: "I just want to be able to bury her. It keeps me awake at night."
Shay and her mother lived with Ms Coclough for the first five to six years of Shay's life, when Ms Coclough took Ms Kaur into her home after she had to leave shared accommodation during her pregnancy.
Neither of them had partners so they shared the role of parenting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE
Back