GUILTY UK - Sian O'Callaghan, 22, Swindon, Wiltshire, 19 March 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chief Superintendent Steve Fulcher, leading the inquiry, said: "If there is a second body, we believe it relates to an incident some years ago and it is an adult.

"Wiltshire only has one outstanding missing adult case and that is from some years ago."

It is understood teams investigating the murder of Melanie Hall, 25, in 1996, are to liaise with officers in Wiltshire, while the 2001 disappearance of Tina Pryer in Trowbridge is also being looked into again.

Miss O'Callaghan's body was discovered yesterday near the famous "White Horse" landmark in rural Oxfordshire.

Could this be the girl missing since 2001 that the Police are searching for.

There are also looking at a few other murders as well, I'll link to the article rather than given specific names here - http://www.anorak.co.uk/277072/media/sian-ocallaghan-murder-did-the-pagan-supermoon-make-chris-halliwell-do-it-and-other-theories.html

Excellent article, for which much thanks - Anorak is in rare form on this one, blending bits about the "pagan Supermoon" and the (again) pagan history of the White Horse of Uffington and naming names of other "possibles" in the Halliwell blame-game. A good read not to be missed in a case which turned both inexorably sad and dizzyingly bizarre with yesterday's announcement of the not one but two bodies.

BTW I'm a Canadian that watches a lot of Corrie so I know most of your terms, I wouldn't think most in NA would know vice girl=prostitute, but maybe!

Maybe or maybe not, this woman went missing 10 years ago on almost the same date, possibly last seen getting into a car.
Husband was convicted of her murder but is backed by family and claims miscarriage of justice, her body was never found

from link
Linda Razzell, a mother of four then aged 41, officially went missing on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 after failing to arrive for work at Swindon College, where she was a learning support assistant.

BTW I'm a Canadian that watches a lot of Corrie so I know most of your terms, I wouldn't think most in NA would know vice girl=prostitute, but maybe!

Thank you! I was going to ask about this. I was thinking she was a police officer... :blushing:

http://m.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/mar/25/sian-ocallaghan-police-search-northleach?cat=uk&type=article

Fulcher gave more details of how the arrest of the suspect came about. He said police had a "breakthrough" on Tuesday when CCTV footage indicated O'Callaghan had been abducted by an individual driving a green Toyota Avensis estate car.

Fulcher said her mobile phone records showed it was in Savernake forest, 12 miles south of Swindon, 32 minutes later. He believes the body was subsequently moved to the spot near Uffington where it was found.

Wow, the developments yesterday may have been because they found the first site she was left/buried.

I find this whole thing awful but the fact that she KNEW him makes it worse to me. She must have trusted him to take her home or saw him outside the club.

A bit on location of the second (possible) body that I hadn't seen, from Sky News:

---
Sky's midlands correspondent, David Crabtree who is near Eastleach said: "Chris Halliwell brought the police here, to a specific field on Baxters farm, to a very small area.

"He (Halliwell) pointed at what was a ploughed field so today there is a digger digging quite deep trying to find out if there is a body.

"The police really do not know what they are up against until this search has reached its conclusion."

Ch Supt Fulcher said the operation was a "painstaking" one.

"It is not a simple issue to ascertain whether there is a second body at that location so we do not know what we are dealing at this stage."
---
much more at Sky: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...r_Missing_Woman_As_They_Hunt_For_Second_Body_

Swindon Advertiser updated within the hour:

---
Around 15 officers and forensics experts are searching land at Baxter's Farm, between the villages of Eastleach and Filkins.

They have removed part of a dry stone wall and have excavated two trenches in the corner of the field, where officers in protective clothing were on their hands and knees in the mud.

DCI Sean Memory, who is leading the search, said officers had received "relatively specific" information from a man held in connection with the 22-year-old's death but that nothing had yet been found.
---

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...LAGHAN__Police_continue_hunt_for_second_body/

Yes indeed hellinor, this is what he reportedly implied about his second victim yet to be recovered. Who is going to believe anything a cowardly, murderer says about anyone.

Yes indeed hellinor, this is what he reportedly implied about his second victim yet to be recovered. Who is going to believe anything a cowardly, murderer says about anyone.

Reminds me of S. Littleton and Dick and Gladis Russell. He sent everyone on a wild goose chase trying to find Dick and Gladis' remains. By the grace of G-d, both elders were found, but SL certainly did not help at all...in fact, he hindered.

Reminds me of S. Littleton and Dick and Gladis Russell. He sent everyone on a wild goose chase trying to find Dick and Gladis' remains. B the grace of G-d, both elders were found, but SL certainly did not help at all...in fact, he hindered.

That had crossed my mind, he personally identified an area and there the police are, digging trenches, up to their knees in mud, even taking down part of a wall. He could get a buzz by exercising power over the police, leading them up the garden path.

It has just been reported that the police language is changing regarding the search.They are now saying " if there is anything there at all "

Guardian has a new one up, a good overview of what's happened today as well as possible identities for the second body - if a second body is indeed found.

Sian O'Callaghan police take 'step into the unknown' in search for second body
---
Officers said the excavation of the farmer's field in Gloucestershire was likely to be a painstaking process that could take several days. Detective Superintendent Steve Fulcher, who is leading the inquiry, said: "Until that has been completed we will not know what we are dealing with."
---
Fulcher said there was only one outstanding missing person in Wiltshire's force area from that time, whom he did not name. Police later clarified that this did not mean that this was the person possibly buried in the field. Sources also pointed out that they could not be sure that there was a body at the site.
---
the rest at Guardian link above

Reminds me of S. Littleton and Dick and Gladis Russell. He sent everyone on a wild goose chase trying to find Dick and Gladis' remains. By the grace of G-d, both elders were found, but SL certainly did not help at all...in fact, he hindered.

You are so right SurfieTX.

After Richard Russell's body was found in Chattanooga TN, Littleton, who had already confessed to the murder of the couple, said Gladis Russell's body could be found "across town" from where Mr. Russell's body had been located. Eleven days later, Mrs. Russell was found. She was not "across town," not even close. Her body was found 200 miles away in southern Georgia.

C. Halliwell has confessed as well, but might be buying himself some time by giving LE the wrong location of the second body.

Regarding wfgodot's link, amazing all these innocent husbands locked up for murdering their wives, so many miscarriages of justice...:innocent::innocent:

The Telegraph plays up the "missing wife" factor

Sian O'Callaghan murder: teacher may be Swindon suspect’s other victim
Linda Razzell, 41, went missing on her way to work in March 2002 in Swindon, a short drive from the nightclub where Miss O’Callaghan was last seen a week ago.
---
Officers are understood to be unsure of the identity of the woman Mr Halliwell claims is buried in the field, but Mrs Razzell, a mother of four, is one of the few people to have gone missing in the area who has never been found.

Her estranged husband Glyn, a former bank worker, was convicted of her murder in 2003, but has always protested his innocence.
---
It is understood that Miss O’Callaghan’s body was naked, but police would not say whether she had been sexually assaulted.
lengthy, interesting article at Telegraph link above

I would love to know why he confessed to murdering another woman. Perhaps he fancies himself a serial killer - and maybe he is. Maybe it's just for the reputation.

I read that the day before his arrest, Halliwell went to the police station to be interviewed and voluntarily gave a DNA sample. He may have felt that that somehow sealed his fate in another case (or other cases) and thus he could at least maintain control of the situation by actively confessing and then leading police to the burial location of the second victim.

I wonder, in the first place, why he showed them where Sian was buried; there went any chance at a defense - I suppose he could have, as I think I posted earlier, had a fit of conscience, (allegedly) having just murdered a close friend of his daughters and step-daughters.

On Sky News's previews of Saturday's front pages, the headlines:

Daily Star: "Sian killer FOUR possible victims"

Daily Express: "Was Sian final victim of serial killer?"

Daily Mirror: "Sian murder suspect: 'Mr Nice Guy' "

Daily Telegraph: "Teacher may be Swindon suspect's other victim" [see post above]

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Th...paper_Front_Pages_On_Saturday_March_26,_2011#

ETA
Here's the new Star story, a fairly thorough account of who else might be a victim:

SIAN KILLER POSSIBLE VICTIMS

New Sun account features two exclusive short videos of Halliwell, one fishing, the other at a wedding:

My brother has a dark side. I’m not shocked
---
The sister said she loathed Halliwell and told how he "did strange things showing no emotion" as they grew up together.

She added: "He has always had a dark, disturbing streak. It came to the surface when he was a little boy and may have again."
---
Last night it emerged the cabbie had enough paracetamol pills on him to overdose when he was arrested.

A police source said: "He was shaking like a leaf. There were packets of tablets stuffed in almost all his pockets."
---

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry
Back