UK - Simon Shotton, 49, murdered & dismembered & found in 3 locations,a couple charged with murder, Bournemouth August 2023.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A man has been found guilty of murdering his lodger before scattering his severed body parts in packages and a suitcase.

Benjamin Atkins, 49, killed Simon Shotton, of the same age, at their home in Bournemouth in August 2023 following a dispute over money, prosecutors said.

Atkins' partner, Debbie Pereira, 39, was found guilty of perverting the course of justice.

They are due to be sentenced at Winchester Crown Court on 26 July

It's also a huge shame seeing their mugshots vs their Facebook pictures and the visual decline as a result of their drug use :(

A man has been jailed for a minimum of 19 years for murdering his lodger and scattering his severed body parts in packages and a suitcase.

Benjamin Atkins, 49, killed Simon Shotton, of the same age, at their home in Bournemouth in August 2023, following a dispute over money and drugs, Winchester Crown Court heard.

Atkins' partner, Debbie Pereira, 39, was jailed for four years for perverting the course of justice and preventing the burial of a corpse.

The judge, Mrs Justice Stacey, said Atkins' actions were "gruesome" and "shockingly callous".

I heard a podcast on this case which was truly shocking and was a warning of the dangers of casual drug taking. I think the sentence for the woman was about right, she was in fear of the man who was her partner and committed the murder. Bournemouth is an example of a town/city that used to be a resort with plenty of housing that now hosts problem families and people from other areas and attracts people that have no jobs to a lovely coastal area. It is my prediction that it won't be long before we hear of a similar case from the Bournemouth/Boscombe area.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LRak10
Back