Identified! UK - Studland shore Dorset, Fem, dental work, Dec'18 - Gilberte Andree Elisabeth Pincemin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wasn't 100% sure, my knowledge on which details are mandatory here in the UK to be taken by the coroner/forensics teams is not extensive.. but i did have my doubts since in at least this case there seems to be absolutely no DNA info or samples to be found ANYWHERE or even any clue they've been taken at all.
If you ask me, i think its insane that they don't ALWAYS take DNA samples from remains, surely it should just be a given??
So many things could be gleaned from it; ethnicity, so many physical characteristics, their definitive sex. It seems such a necessary massive piece of information

They did take DNA and the inquest heard that they couldn’t match it anywhere:

Woman's body washed up on the beach still unidentified nearly six months later

Truth is, a person who lays dead for two years unclaimed and unnoticed probably had a similarly disconnected life. For one reason or another.

They did take DNA and the inquest heard that they couldn’t match it anywhere:

Woman's body washed up on the beach still unidentified nearly six months later

Truth is, a person who lays dead for two years unclaimed and unnoticed probably had a similarly disconnected life. For one reason or another.
Understandable that they'd not be able to match it to any family on a DNA database, but what about her ethnicity and other physical characteristics? Unless they weren't able to get any kind of DNA profile whatsoever,- in essence unless the actual DNA sample was a bust and wasn't able to actually be processed or profiled, then surely tend be able to get SOMETHING from it?
I could be wrong but surely surely they could glean something

What about 3D forensic facial reconstruction?

I believe this technique was successful in solving another longstanding UK UID victim in recent years....( unfortunately I can’t remember her name or precise details of the case....but I believe she was Chinese & was found on the moors somewhere in the North of England. She remained unidentified for many years but when eventually a facial reconstruction was done & shown on National TV, someone immediately identified her as a former neighbour, who was thought to have returned to China, but had in fact been murdered ( by her husband?)

Presumably in ‘our’ case here, examining the skull could just possibly give some clue about ethnicity.

Last edited:
What about 3D forensic facial reconstruction?

I believe this technique was successful in solving another longstanding UK UID victim in recent years....( unfortunately I can’t remember her name or precise details of the case....but I believe she was Chinese & was found on the moors somewhere in the North of England. She remained unidentified for many years but when eventually a facial reconstruction was done & shown on National TV, someone immediately identified her as a former neighbour, who was thought to have returned to China, but had in fact been murdered ( by her husband?)

Presumably in our case, examining the skull could possibly give some clue about ethnicity.
I think facial reconstruction would be greatly helpful for us here, I'm just not sure how to go about getting something like that done, -or even if it could be done now since there aren't any photos or scans of the skull or head (since we don't know how much soft tissue if much at all was left) or anywhere else for that matter (that i can find at least).
I think the only way we'd be able to do something like that would be to contact the coroner -which i did look into doing, but i don't know if members of the public are really allowed to enquire on cases like this when we aren't suspected kin or family.

Hi, just to say that I submitted the French clothing brands info to the Missing Persons unit website just after they posted her case on there (late 2018/early 2019). They were very kind and passed the info on to the investigating police unit.

Hi, just to say that I submitted the French clothing brands info to the Missing Persons unit website just after they posted her case on there (late 2018/early 2019). They were very kind and passed the info on to the investigating police unit.
Oh that's fantastic, nice one! what info did you submit to them if you don't mind me asking?

Oh that's fantastic, nice one! what info did you submit to them if you don't mind me asking?

I was worried about wasting their time so I just said that I think she was French because Cache Cache and Dim are French brands. I sent the email in July 2019 and they replied not long after.
I was staying in France at the time and frequently walked past a Cache Cache shop so I felt I should send it in even if they already know. I just wanted them to know someone else was thinking about her and wondering who she is.

I tried to look for a publicly accessible missing persons database specifically for France but I couldn't find anything, I suspect the stringent privacy laws prevent them from having one.

I was worried about wasting their time so I just said that I think she was French because Cache Cache and Dim are French brands. I sent the email in July 2019 and they replied not long after.
I was staying in France at the time and frequently walked past a Cache Cache shop so I felt I should send it in even if they already know. I just wanted them to know someone else was thinking about her and wondering who she is.

I tried to look for a publicly accessible missing persons database specifically for France but I couldn't find anything, I suspect the stringent privacy laws prevent them from having one.

That's right - it can be frustrating when a Jane/John Doe is obviously from France but you have to trawl through hundreds of local alerts and missing notifications etc.

I got very close with one person of interest for this JD. I was able to communicate with the family. They were even willing to send me a photo of their missing relative's plaster dental impression (which I then had an expert look at). All forwarded to NCA of course.

Countries are balancing the "right to disappear" with the desire to find someone who's disappeared; it's a strange balance.

That's right - it can be frustrating when a Jane/John Doe is obviously from France but you have to trawl through hundreds of local alerts and missing notifications etc.

I got very close with one person of interest for this JD. I was able to communicate with the family. They were even willing to send me a photo of their missing relative's plaster dental impression (which I then had an expert look at). All forwarded to NCA of course.

Countries are balancing the "right to disappear" with the desire to find someone who's disappeared; it's a strange balance.

wow that's fantastic!! ive been looking hard into this case for a long time and not found any true possible leads for names/families of JD. did your efforts lead anywhere?
ive looked through so many forums for families of french missing people and found nothing that i thought could be a viable match.
and yes the whole 'right to disappear' thing is very difficult to navigate, i just feel sorry for the families who have to reap the consequences of this controversial law :/ :(

I tried to look for a publicly accessible missing persons database specifically for France but I couldn't find anything…
There is

https://www.arpd.fr/

which has names, ‘avis de recherche’ and press articles concerning missing people in France (and French people abroad) and which is searchable to some degree. But it is not a comprehensive multi-field database.

From the Bournemouth Echo Newspaper website:
Cause of death into French woman found on Dorset beach unknown, inquest hears

Giving evidence, detective sergeant Rhys Griffiths said Mr. Princemin returned home from a cycle on November 11 when he found a hand-written note.

It said: “Sorry hunny, I am in too much pain, I feel very bad in my body. I won’t get over this with this medication that will make me crazy, I don’t want to be a burden.

Please take care of yourself, I love you. The sea is going to take me. I am leaving Caouennec.”

She suffered from Cruralgia, a severe nerve pain the the legs.

It states she was last seen on Trestraou beach in Perres-Guirec.

I just looked it up on Google Maps and her body actually travelled north, which is surprising, as you think it would be washed west, into the main body of the Atlantic.

Her body certainly was washed a long way in the ocean, about 200km/120 miles north, and right past the channel islands of Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney and Sark etc.

I feel sad that she had ill health and was in so much pain with cruralgia she decided to end her life.
RIP Madame Princemin.

Poor Gilberte. Chronic pain is terrible and some antidepressants sometimes do more harm than good for some people.
We still have to come a long way in how to treat chronic pain... i am a chronic pain sufferer, too... antidepressants are often prescribed for pain management but theyre not always effective and have terrible side effects. I was prescribed one and stopped after 5 days as i felt i was not myself anymore.

May her death serve as a nudge to the medical field to take chronic pain seriously and invest more in research.

Rest in peace, beautiful and talented lady!

Poor Gilberte. Chronic pain is terrible and some antidepressants sometimes do more harm than good for some people.
We still have to come a long way in how to treat chronic pain... i am a chronic pain sufferer, too... antidepressants are often prescribed for pain management but theyre not always effective and have terrible side effects. I was prescribed one and stopped after 5 days as i felt i was not myself anymore.

May her death serve as a nudge to the medical field to take chronic pain seriously and invest more in research.

Rest in peace, beautiful and talented lady!
Good point re chronic pain - I note that one of the other ‘possibles’ from @ApparentlyInDenial’s list, Vanessa Melet also suffered chronic leg pain which had affected her psychologically:
https://www.arpd.fr/actualite-3872-vanessa-melet-disparue-a-langrune-sur-mer-14.html

Of the others on the list:

Iris Atil was found safe and well:
Disparition inquiétante : la jeune fille a été retrouvée

Shui Phu - whereabouts remain unknown afaik

Beatrice Record - whereabouts remain unknown afaik. A condolance page was set up in 2019 which corresponds to her name/age/last location, indicating a date of death 1st March 2019, but I can find no corroboration of this:
https://www.enaos.fr/P1240.aspx?IdPer=557209&IdEsp=1046485&Info=depoth

Lea Petitgas - whereabouts remain unknown. Last seen 13th December 2017 in Nantes:
https://www.arpd.fr/actualite-4834-lea-petitgas-20-ans-disparue-a-nantes-44.html

It was a WS search for Lea Petitgas that initially brought me to this thread, having followed the case previously in the media - many similarities in terms of circumstances to the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence in the UK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back