Found Deceased UK - Susan McLean, 61, U.S. tourist, Aberfeldy, Scotland, 17 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just found Susan's thread. I wanted to chime in to thank los for bringing her case to our attention, my fellow WSers for their dedication to her case, and a huge :gthanks: to hippy hippy for joining us and lending your local perspective AND searching as well! :bow:

I am so very worried for Ms. McLean. I am on pins and needles, awaiting an update along with you all. It does sound as though the area from which she vanished can become quite treacherous (based on hippy hippy's description). I can't help but hold onto hope, through. :please:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can we start a new thread on Missing Amber Peat, 13, who has been missing from Mansfield, England since Saturday. 300 people searching for this child at the moment. In contrast, Police Scotland did not enlist anyone locally to help in the search for Susan Mclean...

thank you hippy......:(........her poor family, i really feel for them, how frustrating it must be and to be so far away now.....

i've certainly been wrong before (don't tell mr. bee) but i just can't get my mind to go to anything nefarious in this case.....i think she's out there and waiting to be found when the trees are clear :tears:

i have said it before, but even if there were problems no one was aware of between her and her husband, i don't see her planning an "escape" with her two adult sons along on the trip knowing they might be blamed for her absence.........and likewise i don't think her husband would have planned to harm her with their sons along......she was seen on the camera walking so she was fine leaving the resort........i think she's near, but no longer with us :(.....

oh susan my dear.......where are you?????

:rose:

Terribly sad. I tend to agree with the consensus here: It's hard to think that it's anything other than a terrible accident. A walk at dusk, going off-road on a small trail, a slip or fall in the darkness.

I would like to hold on to a sliver of hope that Susan will be found alive...the human spirit is amazing!

Excuse my ignorance but how far is Aberfeldy from Dundee? I am free this weekend and would be available to search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know that I'd go back to the states after just 2 weeks of my spouse being missing in another country. MOO!!

I don't know that I'd go back to the states after just 2 weeks of my spouse being missing in another country. MOO!!

Agreed. Could he have gone back on his original flight with the intention of picking things up from home and then returning? I hope so. I've not even seen a picture of him, or any reference to him at all really.

It's all very weird. I do think there must have been some sort of incident or argument at the hotel to make her go off in bad weather and just keep walking. I still hope (but doubt) she booked this holiday having made a Scottish friend online, and is off having an adventure somewhere.

I don't think she would book a holiday with Hubby and sons and go off to meet an online friend.
JMO

Her phone would probably show any calls.

jennibee Aberfeldy is about 1 hour drive from Dundee. From Perth take the A9 road toward Inverness and get off at the Aberfeldy exit then drive another ten miles inland to Aberfeldy. Tiny town with one wee town centre and a traffic light. Can't miss it.
I went up the Birks again yesterday evening to check cliffs and waterfalls but far too many dense trees and foliage to see anything...also very damp there and very slippery. Accident is definitely a possibility.
Btw, the helicopter was back this morning for a short time but don't know if it was searching for Susan or not.
Been speaking with Locals about the family. One waitress said thy had all been into her restaurant for a family meal Saturday night before she disappeared and Mrs was very polite and friendly, all four in jolly spirits and all four had a lot to drink...

If Susan went for a walk, from the description of the area and weather at the time, she probably had an accident. But something about the still shot from the surveillance video that is supposedly Susan out walking seems off to me. (A previous poster mentioned this, as well, but I didn't go find the post to link. Sorry!) Hopefully, the full video shows whether or not it is really her.

Thanks for that Hippy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi
Yesterday I parked at the Picnic area/scenic viewpoint just a little further up, or south, of the Gatehouse Nursery and did a four hour search with the dogs again in forestry and also along the actual road on the way back to the car in case she had been hit by a car and fallen down the banking. Also went up to two disused quarries. One is a very deep gorge but we climbed into the bottom of the pit and walked through the length of it checking the cliff faces as well as through all the boulders below. Dogs rushed over to the source of a rotting smell but it was just a deer, fallen over the edge. Heart was beating wildly. It could be that she could have walked up this road, then decided to turn back to Aberfeldy due to being wet, cold or the fact that it was getting late, and a car knocked her over? Very narrow road with little in the way of grassy verges to walk on. Several times the dogs and I had to climb down a steep bank to avoid cars...just another idea.

hippy hippy you are a :star:
:tyou: for all you have and continue to do for Susan and her loved ones! :heartluv:

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So it is Friday, and my collie has had surgery yesterday and is off her feet for walks for at least ten days. Therefore I shall walk up the A826 road alone wearing Sketchers, lightweight pants and a jacket, on a rainy afternoon and see how wet I am by time I reach the Garden Centre, ie last place she was seen by a witness, and then in a likely frame of mind that could match Susan's (but not suicidal because I want to rule that option out fttb, perhaps upset by an argument, perhaps drunk from a meal out with family who knows?.... in that frame of mind, I might get an insight into what she would decide to do. Would she keep walking up the road. Would she go off track where I have been searching, where the trail map is, or would she go back downhill to the resort. As I am walking back down hill on the road I shall also check the steep verges on either side, though I'm sure the police have done that. No harm doing it again.
There is a fb site dedicated to finding her and apparently some one locally has put posters etc up in the area but I've not seen a single one yet

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back