UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTES:

Websleuths is pro-LE unless there is something specific supported by MSM that substantiates allegations in a particular case. Generalized LE bashing is off topic and a violation of TOS. Zero tolerance.

Do not state information as fact without providing links to support. IF it is fact, you MUST provide a link to support; IF it is only your opinion, you MUST make that very clear.

Verified members do not have to provide supporting links to what they state as fact about their knowledge of the case or their particular area of expertise. In all other respects they are required to post in accordance with TOS. Do not argue with or challenge a VI or you may experience a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges

Misinformation is not a violation of TOS. Please don't Report posts by telling us "Well that's not true". If you think a stated fact is not true, find a link to refute or to support what IS true and post it on the thread.

Please don't Report a text 300 or 3,000 lines long with a note "there's no link to support this". Mods don't necessarily know what part of that lovely epistle you are referring to. Just politely ask the OP for appropriate links to specific facts and give them time to respond. They may be having a leisurely bath or sleeping and not get to you right away. If the OP fails or refuses to provide a link, then Report it for review and let Moderators know specifically which part requires a link. Mods aren't mind readers; please be specific with your Report.

Rudeness, snark and personalizing against other members is absolutely not tolerated at Websleuths. If you can’t post respectfully without being snarky, don’t post.

REMEMBER: ADDRESS THE POST AND NOT THE POSTER !! and/or SCROLL & ROLL

ADMIN NOTE:

I've removed my earlier Admin Note and any responses to it. It caused a kerfuffle and it was due to a misunderstanding on my part, and for that I most sincerely apologize.

Our Verified member has previously advised that they have no involvement in this case and would not be posting here if they had. They have provided information that is available in the public domain and other times have advised when it is their opinion based on information that is publicly available.

Websleuths verification process is to verify the identity of an individual. It is up to members to decide how much weight to assign to information provided by a Verified member. Regardless, challenging or bickering and arguing with a Verified member is not allowed. Members may respectfully ask questions of a Verified member and it is up to them whether they wish to respond or not.

Is there any published information regarding JC's movements the moment he left the Wormwood Scrubs bail hostel for the last time? I gather he claims he returned immediately to his mother's although this has never been verified and indeed has been challenged.

Is there any such information for any rapist released from WS in the first half of 1986? There would have been 20 to 30 such individuals; there seems no reason to obsess about one individual.

Just came across this.

Several suspects have been put forward: Convicted killer John Cannan, who is said to have had the prison nickname ”Kipper” and was living in a hostel after serving an eight year sentence for rape; Ipswich serial killer Steve Wright, who worked on the QE2 at the same time as Lamplugh in 1982; and Michael Sams, who kidnapped an estate agent in Birmingham in 1992.

AFAIAA, the source for the nickname "Kipper" was Gilly Paige, who supposedly heard it from Cannan, but then retracted the entire statement. Is there any other documented source for this?

Is there any published information regarding JC's movements the moment he left the Wormwood Scrubs bail hostel for the last time? I gather he claims he returned immediately to his mother's although this has never been verified and indeed has been challenged.

Is there any such information for any rapist released from WS in the first half of 1986? There would have been 20 to 30 such individuals; there seems no reason to obsess about one individual.
The Railway killers were around that time, I think @Cluesleuth highlighted that point a few months ago.

Serial killer perhaps, Suzi Lamplugh missing without a clue to her whereabouts, Claudia Lawrence missing without a clue to her whereabouts, Melanie hall missing without a clue to her whereabouts until her remains were found some 13 yrs later at the side of a motorway, 1986 Suzi Lamplugh, 1996 Melanie Hall, 2009 Claudia Lawrence .

Serial killer perhaps, Suzi Lamplugh missing without a clue to her whereabouts, Claudia Lawrence missing without a clue to her whereabouts, Melanie hall missing without a clue to her whereabouts until her remains were found some 13 yrs later at the side of a motorway, 1986 Suzi Lamplugh, 1996 Melanie Hall, 2009 Claudia Lawrence .
Where was Claudia in 2006? What were the dates of their disappearances?

AIUI, Claudia Lawrence's disappearance involves people who have implied their involvement in her likely death by refusal to co-operate with the inquiry into it. It is a group of her mutual acquaintances now in Cyprus, IIRC. Arguably, this is not that much of a mystery. She quite likely knew and crossed someone homicidal, who killed her for it. She was clearly taken by an acquaintance, because she disappeared on her way to work at about 6am. Random abductors aren't going to be looking for victims at 6am, so this someone who knew her route to work. CL herself was obviously happy to accept a lift.

The Lubbock killing at Michael Barrymore's house is similar. There is a limited list of just a handful of people who could have done it, but they've all closed ranks. They could all be involved (which is my guess - if you didn't kill someone why would you protect somebody who did?)...

Both cases tell us that when it's not a deranged random attacker off the street, then it's probably about sex, or money, or drugs. The Lamplugh investigations came up empty on finding a sex, money, or drugs angle, leaving the other one.

Both cases tell us that when it's not a deranged random attacker off the street, then it's probably about sex, or money, or drugs. The Lamplugh investigations came up empty on finding a sex, money, or drugs angle, leaving the other one.
How can you make such a ridiculously false assertion? The Lamplugh investigation is completely centred around a suspect, correctly so in my view, who is infamous across the land for his predilection for rape and sexual assault.

The Lamplugh investigation is completely centred around a suspect, correctly so in my view, who is infamous across the land for his predilection for rape and sexual assault.
With a mindset like that, it be OK for all other police forces to pin similar offences from the same period also on JC ...

The CPS weren't persuaded, correctly asking 'Where's the evidence'?

How can you make such a ridiculously false assertion? The Lamplugh investigation is completely centred around a suspect, correctly so in my view, who is infamous across the land for his predilection for rape and sexual assault.
There are about 4,000 rape convictions a year. What evidence eliminated the other 3,999?

Where was Claudia in 2006? What were the dates of their disappearances?
I should have put a question mark after perhaps, I was just putting it out there , perhaps abduction and murder whilst rare is not so rare , the the only link there is, is no bodies (intially, then 13 yrs after the fact In Melanies case), no witness's, no proof, just a bunch of dates ,the work of three clever individuals ? not ignoring the post about the Cyprus link posted by WL. I think its likely all knew their killers .

AIUI, Claudia Lawrence's disappearance involves people who have implied their involvement in her likely death by refusal to co-operate with the inquiry into it. It is a group of her mutual acquaintances now in Cyprus, IIRC. Arguably, this is not that much of a mystery. She quite likely knew and crossed someone homicidal, who killed her for it. She was clearly taken by an acquaintance, because she disappeared on her way to work at about 6am. Random abductors aren't going to be looking for victims at 6am, so this someone who knew her route to work. CL herself was obviously happy to accept a lift.
Snipped and bolded bit, thought the last she was heard of was the previous night .

Snipped and bolded bit, thought the last she was heard of was the previous night .
She spoke to her mum on the phone and texted a friend in Cyprus the night before, iirc, she didn’t reply to her friend around 9pm. But she was up early for work so could have fallen asleep. Or she could have gone out/been kidnapped. So it’s possible she disappeared the evening before or on the way to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en