UK UK - Suzy Lamplugh, 25, Fulham, 28 Jul 1986 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It could be the police simply weren't interested in the tennis thing because they weren't interested in any possibility other than she went to 37SR.
The blinkers were well and truly in place from the get go .Allowing the tail to wag the dog ensured no cold case investigation would get anywhere either . It's almost like any trait that made a good detective was absent enmasse . The one thing DL should have followed through with ,when she wanted to was hiring a private detective but that would not have ensured her with slots on prime time tv nor offered her a large portion of column inches or hotlines to those in power or a control over the narrative.
In general I've found the more media scrutiny and publicity a case has the less likely it will be solved .While I agree appeals can generate leads from members of the public but this turning of the missing person into a celebrity of sorts is ridiculous. The tabloids of past and present and in todays SM environment people start to focus on the" stardom of the case " and gossip and the important bits fall to the wayside

Last edited:
Well, two possibilities. One, maybe she needed the diary back sooner because it had 'phone numbers in it she needed to use and did not have written down anywhere else. So then she might bring forward the visit. Two, supposedly she was playing tennis that evening after the 6pm viewing, which might leave no time until the next day. The trouble is that the first is conjectural while the only source for this tennis engagement was DL and she was not the most reliable.

The wider points against her going to the PoW are that the WJ sighting at 12.40 undermines it, and that DV hasn't shown the pub wasn't open normally and busy. He may have established this and not written it up, but all we have is his book and there's no evidence in there that the pub was still closed at 1pm.
This is the problem in my eyes with DV if he had of had knowledge of the missing links alluded to in his book he would have included them . No point in saying checkmate if your opponent still has moves on the board

If the Tennis arrangement was a valid one and not an excuse given by suzy to her mother for whatever reason or one of DLs spiels. This and only this would be a reason to grab her diary earlier than arranged .As you state if she wanted to call this person to say she couldn't make it or would be delayed getting there ,and hadn't got their number memorised. But the red flag for me is Why did this person not come forward?
Well, we don't know that they didn't. That goes for all sorts of things. Just because someone or something isn't mentioned or reported doesn't mean that they remained as a loose end.

Although I don't believe there was a tennis arrangement for that day. There's only that one fleeting mention and DL could have got the day wrong. Or it was cancelled without DL's knowledge.

Well, we don't know that they didn't. That goes for all sorts of things. Just because someone or something isn't mentioned or reported doesn't mean that they remained as a loose end.

Although I don't believe there was a tennis arrangement for that day. There's only that one fleeting mention and DL could have got the day wrong. Or it was cancelled without DL's knowledge.
We don't know much tbh only what we have been allowed to know so you are right we don't know .But I thought the purpose of this thread was to extract details from the little we do know and speculate on that

A lot goes unreported in most cases, mostly negative results. So (to use the tennis example) if someone contacted the police and said,
"Yes, I had arranged to play tennis with SL on the Monday evening but something came up and I couldn't make it. We spoke on Sunday and rearranged the game for later in the week",
there's no earthly reason why that would be reported. It's a 'nothing to see here, move on'.
But people tend to assume that because they haven't been told about something, it didn't happen.

One reason why SJL might have been anxious to retrieve the diary could be that she intended to cancel the tennis. Or she now needed to given the new, 6pm viewing. But suppose the (personal) contact number was in that diary - someon's extension number at their office. She couldn'tget that off directory inquiries. So she couldn't go and get it anytime that evening, because she needed it before then.

That is, there could be quite mundane reasons she wanted it back, unrelated to any "salacious" content.

I think in the majority of the many many articles, books and documentaries about suzys disappearance. Unfortunately are imo built on pure speculation. Unreliable witnesses, hypothesis based on assumption by police officers .A media enthralled with DL rather than investigative journalists probing her friends for an unbiased view of suzy's life and very little merit given to the happenings in Suzy's life in the run up to her vanishing. People investigated that prehaps should not have been and other leads or more important possibilities not followed up on

Such as her planned move into a flat being bought by someone else whom never came forward . The prank calls to suzys flat ,did they coincide with the delivery of the flowers or was it just kids or someone who prehaps got her number from the advertised flat for sale .
The two bouquets delivered to suzys flat and place of employment. A company had to have delivered them ,were they paid for by cash ,cheque or Mastercard. Many Shops were cash only and possibly took cheque. Which florist took the order .It may have narrowed a location from which the person was from Phone records may have not been available at the time but florists took note of the transaction in order to deliver the flowers grant it a false name can be given but it may have offered a lead .

No heed in my opinion was paid to any perpetrators recently released or staying at the halfway house including cannan . No attention was given to suzys own complaints of what she was feeling in the days and weeks running up to her disappearance other than prehaps scribbled account in policeman's notebook .

And no timeline that I can see in print of what time KH rang the bank was it before or after suzy ? What time where these calls . Did suzy leave the office that morning on a different errand other than the 12.45 appointment ? and why didn't she tell her colleagues about the supposed viewing if the call came in during the course of the morning. If it was genuine in suzys mind was the call before or after the smoke break? How many times was suzy on the phone that morning? How many of those calls were incoming ?Did the secretary answer office calls first and pass through to the agents desk or did each agent have an extension number ?
i wonder who sent SL flowers to her flat, and also the office. was it the same man responsible for the strange phone calls she was getting months before she vanished. i think its all connected, and i doubt JC knew her address and phone number.

This is the problem in my eyes with DV if he had of had knowledge of the missing links alluded to in his book he would have included them . No point in saying checkmate if your opponent still has moves on the board
i came across a interview with DL in which she says SL told a close friend about a mystery man she was dating, and that she was scared of him. DL clearly says in the interview suzy told her friend who then told me. fast forward years later, and DL now says suzy told her about the mystery man she had been dating, and she appeared to be afraid of him. these 2 interviews show DL to be liar. SL talked to a friend about this mystery man, not her mother as she makes out.

Personally, I've pretty much ruled out JC if that helps LOL.
The thing with JC is that it's known he and SJL cannot be placed together ,it does not rule him out but importantly as the CPS say they will not charge, no body also means something else that cannot connect JC.So take the non connection does that mean JC was no where near after being released from the bail hostel? JC does not need to prove his whereabouts at least not until charged, the police have to prove his whereabouts which they cannot do, so in reality imo it could be any one whether they had previous or not, not because of.

All I will say is suzy was selling her flat ,the money that could have been gotten for that only covered repayment to the bank .. She was talking to her dad about a business man whom was putting up the money for another flat for her That the business man intended to use for post . She was was also involved in another business plan for the beauty salon which she did or was planning to back out of , This person went bankrupt within a few days or weeks after suzys disappearance , Imho suzy was getting into things over her head . This may have contributed to her disappearance MOO . With the diary entry seemingly a cover story I feel she was meeting this person or lured into meeting them .maybe she knew too much at that stage and the alleged pressure she felt was from this individual

Although JC is a sick individual and capable of the crime . I feel from what's known in the public domain he is sloppy and I think if he had any involvement it had to have been with another sex offender prehaps more capable in ways of concealment I also think JC would have left forensic evidence behind

Last edited:
i came across a interview with DL in which she says SL told a close friend about a mystery man she was dating, and that she was scared of him. DL clearly says in the interview suzy told her friend who then told me. fast forward years later, and DL now says suzy told her about the mystery man she had been dating, and she appeared to be afraid of him. these 2 interviews show DL to be liar. SL talked to a friend about this mystery man, not her mother as she makes out.
DL certainly abused her new found power and basically tried to run the investigation or manipulate it anyway she could .

I suppose from a perspective of what the majority of people do in regards of the death or presumed death of someone close to us we put them on a pedestal. Most people would have heard families speak of the dead as if they walked the earth in perfection, not a fault about them even if that person had not got a great moral compass .I cannot blame DL wanting to protect her daughter from the judgment of family , neighbours and the general public but if allegedly it was to the detriment of the investigation . She made sure they weren't going to find her daughter

I have my suspicions as to what led to suzys demise and my idea of whom the suspect may be is not someone that's been highlighted in books or MSM

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viki Cowan
Back