DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Dénouement

Reaction score
9c94bd60-21b7-11ef-baa7-25d483663b8e.jpg.webp
Baby Roman, 2019
7a648360-21cb-11ef-a13a-0b8c563da930.png.webp
A newborn baby found earlier this year in Newham, east London, is the third child abandoned by the same parents, the BBC can report.
DNA tests presented to the East London Family Court established that “Baby Elsa” is the sibling of two babies, a boy and a girl, found in very similar circumstances in 2017 and 2019.
Despite appeals by the Metropolitan Police, their parents have not been identified.
Snip
also been abandoned after birth in the same area of London.
They had been wrapped in blankets. One was also inside a bag.
Family Court documents stated Baby Elsa still had her umbilical cord, and doctors estimate she had been born only an hour before.

I wonder if they are using geographic profiling. IMO she lives in the area of 2 and 3. I thought maybe she was young but imo she’s no longer what I would consider young after seven years.

There must be something terrible going on with the parents.

I wonder if they are in some kind of modern slavery situation? I can't think of any other situation where there would be no family or social network to notice three term pregnancies that come to nothing. A normal such network would, surely, include at least one person who would ask questions and raise the alarm?

I agree. Something is going on and I hope they're able to figure out who the parents are because I have a sinking feeling the mother is in danger and is being abused.

Just all MOO

1717519780171.png
''Officers believe a woman seen in the area just before Elsa was found may have vital information.

She was wearing a large dark-coloured coat with a light-coloured scarf or hood around her neck, and was carrying a rucksack.''

“The abandonment of a baby in this country is a very, very unusual event and there are years where there are no children abandoned, and because of that it is the story of the abandoning of a child that is of public interest.”

I just saw this article on the news and came to see if there was a thread. How disturbing and desperately sad is this!

I too feel that this is along the lines of a modern slavery situation.

At least there seems to be an attempt by the mother (? or whoever is abandoning these infants) to place them somewhere where they might be found (as opposed to direct in a dumpster or a body of water). And also some attempt to protect the infant, e.g. wrapped in a blanket. JMO Still there are tons of things that could go wrong leading to the baby being seriously injured or dying.

Do they have baby hatches in the UK? Or can you leave a newborn anonymously somewhere else, e.g. at a hospital? If so, I wonder why the mother isn't doing so. I'd prefer to hear what's really behind this before I condemn the mother however.

Good wishes for the three abandoned babies.

MOO

DNA-tests have revealed that baby Elsa, found in a shopping bag on 19 January, 2024, is a full sibling of Harry, found in 2017, and of Roman, found in 2019. The two boys have been adopted, and little Elsa is in a foster home, but it's planned that they will have some contact while they are growing up. It's very strange that three full siblings have been found abandoned, I wonder why the parents are doing this, as it's obvious they are still together seven years after the birth of the first child.

All I can think of is Josef Fritzl, who held his daughter prisoner for decades and raped her daily. She was able to raise three of her kids in the basement dungeon and some of them were raised by him and his wife. I wonder if they can easily tell if the babies are a product of incest.

All I can think of is Josef Fritzl, who held his daughter prisoner for decades and raped her daily. She was able to raise three of her kids in the basement dungeon and some of them were raised by him and his wife. I wonder if they can easily tell if the babies are a product of incest.
I thought of that, too. Maybe someone with DNA expertise can tell us.

At least there seems to be an attempt by the mother (? or whoever is abandoning these infants) to place them somewhere where they might be found (as opposed to direct in a dumpster or a body of water). And also some attempt to protect the infant, e.g. wrapped in a blanket. JMO Still there are tons of things that could go wrong leading to the baby being seriously injured or dying.

Do they have baby hatches in the UK? Or can you leave a newborn anonymously somewhere else, e.g. at a hospital? If so, I wonder why the mother isn't doing so. I'd prefer to hear what's really behind this before I condemn the mother however.

Good wishes for the three abandoned babies.

MOO
No baby hatches here sadly. Shame as Elsa was dumped 5 mins from a fire station.
I did note that the common factor was either Greenway Trail or Newham Way and if you centre that the hospital is in the centre.

To me it sounds like it could be abuse.
Someone is getting this girl/woman pregnant and must obviously be aware and/or complicit in dumping the babies.
I really worry for this woman.
That's a really good point. It's also possible that it's the father of these children who is leaving the babies in parks.

What's playing on my mind is that there was a baby in 2017, another in 2019 and this last wee one in early 2024 ... so was there a baby in 2021/22 and, if so what happened to him/her? :(

To me it sounds like it could be abuse.
Someone is getting this girl/woman pregnant and must obviously be aware and/or complicit in dumping the babies.
I really worry for this woman.
I suspect this is the case also. I find it hard to believe that a couple would be abandoning their babies this way more than once, family/friends would notice the pregnancy surely? So I suspect this woman (or even girl) isn't around in public much.

It a very sad and traumatic situation but I'm glad the babies were found and are safe with adoptive and foster families. It could be much worse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back