GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I especially don't like that no one came forward and claimed she was meeting them...either she was meeting someone that no one knew about, or she was never meeting anyone.

I especially don't like that no one came forward and claimed she was meeting them...either she was meeting someone that no one knew about, or she was never meeting anyone.

i can't imagine a 12 year old going to town on her own,its not something i wanted to do when i was 12 i would have wanted my friends to come along but more to the point my parents never allowed it,i wasn't allowed to do stuff like that until i was 14.

either someone is not coming forward to arranging to meet her or the term "parenting" is used very loosely in that house.

personally i wouldn't let any of my children go to town/anywhere of a great distance on their own or even with friends.maybe i am just a little over protective.

i can't imagine a 12 year old going to town on her own,its not something i wanted to do when i was 12 i would have wanted my friends to come along but more to the point my parents never allowed it,i wasn't allowed to do stuff like that until i was 14.

either someone is not coming forward to arranging to meet her or the term "parenting" is used very loosely in that house.

personally i wouldn't let any of my children go to town/anywhere of a great distance on their own or even with friends.maybe i am just a little over protective.

Well I think she was lacking in supervision...that seems pretty obvious. Do we know if she had internet access at home? Just wondering if it is possible she met some creep online.

The police are liaising with the police who worked on the Shannon Matthews case. I don't think this is a Shannon Matthews case though. I hope for Tia's sake it is a faked abduction.

http://news.sky.com/story/970434/tia-sharp-police-liaise-with-shannon-cops

From that same article it says that they are now searching bins around the area. Why haven't the police searched these bins before?

It makes me so angry! If you aren't from a middle class family and have a pretty blonde daughter then very little is done! Limited coverage in the UK, nothing compared to the attention of one particular case in recent years. Heck, Shannon Matthews case received a lot more coverage than this.

I understand the Olympics are on but if you really want news on the Olympics you can turn on the BBC and watch it until your heart is content. I flick between the two channels, watch the Olympics for 56 minutes and on the hour I watch the news for 4 minutes, yes that's right - 4 MINUTES is all the coverage this case is getting. Disgusting!

Hi Newbie here

Ive been following this case on this site as the main news channels (BBC/SKY) are spending very little time on this case. I agree even the Shannon Matthews case had a lot more coverage than this case. It sadly seems a case with the British media that if your face doesnt fit you dont get the coverage.

Its very sad that Tia has been missing nearly a week and Ive seen about 1 or 2 hours worth of news coverage on this case in that time. Ive seen more appeals/posters about this case on Facebook than on the national news.

I think most people agree something just doesnt sit right with this case. I dont know the area at all as I live at the other end of the country but I know I couldnt make it into town without being caught on about 4 cctv cameras and its only a 10 minute walk for me.

Sorry if Im rambling on

Hi Newbie here

Ive been following this case on this site as the main news channels (BBC/SKY) are spending very little time on this case. I agree even the Shannon Matthews case had a lot more coverage than this case. It sadly seems a case with the British media that if your face doesnt fit you dont get the coverage.

Its very sad that Tia has been missing nearly a week and Ive seen about 1 or 2 hours worth of news coverage on this case in that time. Ive seen more appeals/posters about this case on Facebook than on the national news.

I think most people agree something just doesnt sit right with this case. I dont know the area at all as I live at the other end of the country but I know I couldnt make it into town without being caught on about 4 cctv cameras and its only a 10 minute walk for me.

Sorry if Im rambling on

Welcome to WS...

CS the grandmother got very upset with the media camped outside her door and has had some 'choice' words with them before nearly running down some camera equipment according to Martin brunt on Sky just now.

CS the grandmother got very upset with the media camped outside her door and has had some 'choice' words with them before nearly running down some camera equipment according to Martin brunt on Sky just now.

What are they playing at? They NEED to media to get Tia's face out there! This is starting to smack of the Anthonys

Wow,would you not want the media there to get any and all info out there.... strange

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

From j-bar's link:
Tia's mother, Natalie Sharp, 30, said she did not want to speak to reporters this morning but her partner, David Niles, 29, who left the house briefly to buy newspapers, said Mr Hazell would be giving a statement later.

I am in London and there is a huge amount of coverage, her picture is being put up on big screens at train stations etc. The reason it is not on the TV as the main news story is because of the olympics, every single news story in the top four yesterday were olympics related - why talk about a missing child when we go harp on about someone cycling a bit faster than someone else.
Mitchim croydon is a not a great area, but not a dangerous one (its just not belgravia), and you do get plenty of families live there, but it is rare in London to get children playing on the street. But a twelve year old is likely to travel to a shopping centre by herself.
Someone aid earlier that this case is different from the dowler and wells and chapman case because straight awya they were treated as stranger abductions. In fact the fathers in these cases were considered potential suspects (the father of holly wells stated recently he was at the police station and saw a note saying to look into the father as he may have done it).
As far as I am aware the grandmother's partner has only been to the police station to give a statement.

I read somewhere David Niles has been with Natalie since Tia was 6 years old. There are younger siblings aged 3 and one years old.

If the grandmother worked a night shift and wasn't home when Tia 'left', what time would her shift had started?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/tia-sharps-gran-wasnt-in-house-1239817

Did not see her in 24 hours? That is one heck of a shift. Does Gran know something but is removing herself from the picture?

The family seem to be taking a pessimistic view:

Apart from her biological father, who is clearly removed from regular contact and is probably none the wiser with regard to the people in his daughter's life

Is Grandma a carer? Some carer shifts don't start until 2300hrs. That would allow her to spend the evening with her family

I am in London and there is a huge amount of coverage, her picture is being put up on big screens at train stations etc. The reason it is not on the TV as the main news story is because of the olympics, every single news story in the top four yesterday were olympics related - why talk about a missing child when we go harp on about someone cycling a bit faster than someone else.
Mitchim croydon is a not a great area, but not a dangerous one (its just not belgravia), and you do get plenty of families live there, but it is rare in London to get children playing on the street. But a twelve year old is likely to travel to a shopping centre by herself.
Someone aid earlier that this case is different from the dowler and wells and chapman case because straight awya they were treated as stranger abductions. In fact the fathers in these cases were considered potential suspects (the father of holly wells stated recently he was at the police station and saw a note saying to look into the father as he may have done it).
As far as I am aware the grandmother's partner has only been to the police station to give a statement.

I can't bold since in on my phone but the Olympics constantly being on the news above this is annoying the heck out of me.I'm in Scotland and I have seen nothing on the news,nothing in yesterday's paper either.is it so far fetched that if it was a stranger abduction that he/she could have travelled a few hundred miles up this way? I think I might email stv news to see if they can run the story even though it's not in scotland,it needs to be out there.

Good/bad idea?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I honestly don't believe this is getting less coverage because her 'face doesn't fit'. I think it's because the police have a clear idea of what happened and don't need to keep asking the public for help. If the police wanted more media coverage I'm sure they could get it.

Hi Newbie here.
Finally, I wouldn't necessarily read too much into criminality or unsavoury lifestyles - I'm sure most of us would sound like dubious characters if the spotlight was shone on certain family members, our relationship mistakes or things we'd rather keep private.

^^^^
This. By focusing on the family's perceived "faults" we might be enabling an abductor to get away with it.
As it stands at the moment, Tia's family are victims

Call for calm after garage owner confronts armed group...: Tensions surrounding the hunt for missing 12-year-old Tia Sharp have led to a garage owner confronting an armed group who were searching his property.

It is understood the group were looking for the missing schoolgirl when they entered the lock-up in New Addington without permission.

Read full story... bit.ly/OVKBcT

Oh dear, the vigilantes are out. Armed? Is this even legal?

I've seen the report on Sky news, mainly just all camped out outside the house. Martin Brunt did mention the incident of Christine driving off and nearly reversing into a camera tripod and he said it was because he's sure she's upset over what's happened and the fact she gets hijacked each time she leaves the house.

So....why don't the press bog off then??!

I really don't see the need to be camped out outside someone's house 24/7. The police will say something when they are ready and the fact that SH is so heavily involved - yet has never been seen giving an interview, to me is very suspicious. There should be some limit to the proximity with which the press can be allowed to camp out to a property if the police are not in attendance. This goes for the consideration for neighbours too.

It's my guess the police know something and are not saying....they need to get enough evidence to charge someone and that's why they are keeping quiet, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487