GUILTY UK - Tia Sharp, 12, New Addington, London, 3 Aug 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When and how did SH leave the house? Press and FLOs there night and day.

I wonder if his disappearance prompted the police to search the house again.

Just a thought but what if the cadaver dogs didn't hit on a body because TIA was alive at that point? What if she has since been murdered?

I don't hope he kills himself. Why should he escape what's coming to him? He should be brought to justice and have to face the punishment for what he did. Mind you, I don't think we should pay £600 a week to keep him in comfort like Huntley, but maybe he could spend his sentence in a loft for the rest of his days - as should anyone else who was in on this.

Often the punishment is not harsh enough; even more so in parts of Europe and UK, from what I understand.

There seems to be an assumption for some reason that as a body (most likely Tia's) has been found, that she must have been dead for days.

As yet, nobody apart from the murderer knows when she died. It may not have happened many days ago and therefore the dogs may not have had a scent to pick up until recently.

We do not know the motive - some are speculating that it was sexual, others that it started as a 'Shannon Matthews' type scam, which other members of the family were aware of - that was thwarted as the police prohibited fundraising in this case (allegedly).

If that is the case, Tia may have been hidden alive in the loft for days but in such a way that she accidentally died (maybe through suffocation etc).

Perhaps the police are 'tagging' SH and are watching to see where he goes and with whom he meets.

So many possibilities and just because we are being told one thing, it does not mean that it's the truth.
Could be - but the body would be easily identifiable in that case.

Firstly , although I felt this in my (mother's) heart , I am so sorry that I was right . I hope you're in a better place now , angel xx

Secondly , although I could pick up from the body language that he told lies about what happened on those fateful days , he appeared to love the poor girl , I wonder if he loved her in the "wrong way" , or if he maybe just lost his temper with her .

Until it's released exactly where the body was found it's hard to say if the police would have found it sooner. And if the first dogs were to track a live person then they may well have missed the scent of a dead body.
If the police looked in rooms and in cupboards and somehow the person responsible had hidden the body under floor boards (as an example) If there was enough time who knows how well hidden things could be.
IMO

I am confused by this, who saying the police are incompetent? On WS you mean, or just in the news generally?

Who's trashing the police? Questioning how a dead body might have been overlooked at the child's last known location, and how a prime suspect with very limited resources managed to disappear are hardly trashing anyone. I have the utmost respect for police officers, people who risk their lives and endure emotional trauma virtually everyday. This investigation appears to have been mismanaged.

I have gone back and read over the last few pages of this thread, but I just can't find any trash-talking posts. I could very well be missing them or maybe they could have been deleted? Or again, maybe it's in the media? I am across the pond, so I have no idea what local press is reporting...I just want to point out that WS tends to be very pro-police, and that questioning is very different than trashing.

Agree to disagree.....just a few of the examples the past few pages...."disgraceful police work", "police dropped the ball", "family let Tia down, now the police are too".....not exact quotes but the sentiment is there. We have no clue what the police know or don't know. Yet, you and many others have already decided police "appear" to have mismanaged the case. By the time they were informed she was missing, she most likely was already deceased. :twocents:

I hope he kills himself if he played a role in Tia's murder and the concealment of her body. And I make no apologies. I have only contempt for the UK (and Australian) sentencing of perpetrators of crimes against the person. So I hope he kills himself, hope he has the guts, which I doubt, the whining little attention *advertiser censored*

I hope he doesn't kill himself. He's not, imo, going to get a lenient sentence if he's guilty of this. Huntley got a minimum of 40 years but I doubt they'd ever let him out.

Hi everyone. I have been lurking for ages and feel compelled to post as this hits close to home - literally.
I read the whole thread and you guys have me some great insight into what might have happened to poor Tia.
I do believe the police could have handled things much better. They halted garbage collection at the beginning of the week but only searched through the bins on Thursday if I remember correctly - even if evidence was discarded in bins it could have easily been retrieved once SH found out the police would search the bins.
Also - why not search the house on day 1? Just from watching crime shows you would know to start in a small circle (family, family home) then extend it as people/places are cleared.
One last thing I found dodgy were the step father's statements - ‘His father… has it wrong. Stuart wasn’t walking with her. That girl left this house alone.’ . How can you be so sure when you were not there? Also, why the distancing language 'that girl'.

RIP Tia.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tectives-potential-witness.html#ixzz23Adybp5M

Agree to disagree.....just a few of the examples the past few pages...."disgraceful police work", "police dropped the ball", "family let Tia down, now the police are too".....not exact quotes but the sentiment is there. We have no clue what the police know or don't know. Yet, you and many others have already decided police "appear" to have mismanaged the case. By the time they were informed she was missing, she most likely was already deceased. :twocents:
RBBM

And if the family colluded, and if a neighbour mistakenly reported seeing Tia, and if the police did not have due cause to secure a search warrant for the entire property...

Like you, I think we need to wait to hear more. Our hands, legally, are much more tied than in the States due to EU law. It affects our entire criminal justice system (much to the chagrin of most Brits I know). That's my understanding as a Yank of course. ;)

This seems a horrible thing to say but I mean it for her own sake - I really hope Tia HAS been dead since last Thursday/Friday. Seeing as there is now nothing any of us can do to change the outcome, we can only hope that whatever she went through was brief and that she hasn't been locked up terrified in an attic for a week or whathaveyou as some are speculating. The only thing I find more disturbing than all the other speculation of abuse and family collusion would be the idea that she had been scared and suffering for so long before ultimately ending up dead anyway. :(

I bet the police know where Tia's mum is. I wonder if the reason the grandma didn't know is because the mum had begun to suspect her/SH and could not bear to be near/speak to either of them any more.

Seems like the relationships between this dysfunctional, chaotic group of people had started to break down over the last 24 hours.

Often the punishment is not harsh enough; even more so in parts of Europe and UK, from what I understand.

In addition, most sentences are an insult to the victim and victims' families, imo. Sentencing of say 14 years, released after 8 or even fewer years? Yet the victims and their families are condemned by killers to literally, life-sentences

Tia, for example: a young girl of 12. She doubtless had hopes, dreams and who knows what opportunities and happiness may have come her way had she been permitted to live a full life. Gone now. All murdered victims are gone and along with them goes the life-force of those who loved them, in most instances. All so the killer can spend a few years in jail, ministered to by rafts of psychologists, psychiatrists and conveniently anonymous members of parole boards who have NOT suffered, who do NOT relive the loss and pain of a murdered loved-one on daily, hourly basis

Then, having served what passes for a 'sentence', the killers are released from prison. Their teeth have been repaired. Many have learned marketable skills, degrees, etc. Their health has been attended to, along with free board and keep. They've formed friendships in many instances. Well-meaning individuals often find work for them or provide them with new identities. And off they go to enjoy another 30, 40, 50 years of life -- life in the sun, in the fresh air, watching tv, playing sport, forming new relationships, all of which they denied on permanent basis to their victims who are beneath the ground, decomposing, turning to a pile of bones as the public moves on, the world moves on and grass grows over victims' graves and their loved ones finally die too

If SH killed Tia, I would choose for him to lose his life in the same way he denied Tia her life. In fact, I'd choose for him to be thrashed within an inch of his life before he exits this planet, in order he might understand as he takes his last breath what fear and pain feel like just before death. Then God can have him and 'rehabilitate' him, whatever. Imo, it is a gross injustice and insult to the victim for killers to enjoy what they stole from someone else. For killers to be released and for it to be proclaimed they've 'paid for their crime' is, to my mind, and insult to the victim. But of course, the victims get no say, do they. Victims don't get 'a second chance' in the way their killers do

By all means, if science finds a way to bring victims back to life and give them a 'second chance', then I might be a bit more open to the idea of killers being granted a second chance too, with conditions

Also - why not search the house on day 1? Just from watching crime shows you would know to start in a small circle (family, family home) then extend it as people/places are cleared.
Hi and welcome Fishzilla.
I'm also surprised they didn't search the house earlier. For all they knew, Tia could have been hiding in it somewhere as a joke. I figured they'd at least rule that out as a possibility first before starting on the bins and nearby woodland.

One last thing I found dodgy were the step father's statements - ‘His father… has it wrong. Stuart wasn’t walking with her. That girl left this house alone.’ . How can you be so sure when you were not there? Also, why the distancing language 'that girl'.
I wondered about the turn of phrase too. 'That' girl is the same girl they all claim to have 'loved to bits' and it sounded strangely cold.

From my view the thing that infuriates me most is when a convicted criminal is released from prison and granted a new identity, financial assistance and relocation on the government tuppence due to fear of vigilantism or social reprisal.

Could things get any more backward? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member